[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 {t0lteatt} (04/13/14)

Search This thread

Bigboifrank

Jan 6, 2014
Couple of more things I'd like to confirm:

1. Anyone else having trouble with Halo?

2. I get a fragged screen when trying to capture video to send mms via the inside the messaging app.

-On a side note, if you are looking for a good messaging app, check out the one in Slimkat. Dark UI, adjustable font sizes, couple of other goodies.

Loving the ROM guys. Can't wait to see where this one goes.

Reactions: jmz

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Couple of more things I'd like to confirm:

1. Anyone else having trouble with Halo?

2. I get a fragged screen when trying to capture video to send mms via the inside the messaging app.

-On a side note, if you are looking for a good messaging app, check out the one in Slimkat. Dark UI, adjustable font sizes, couple of other goodies.

Loving the ROM guys. Can't wait to see where this one goes.

I haven't had the camera issue, but the only issue I've had with halo, is when you pin hangouts, hangouts can fc, and will cause a looping fc if you try to open hangouts again in halo or otherwise. This glitch I've had in every kk rom though. Really liking the rom alot.

Sent from a Kaiju killing Jaeger

Reactions: jmz

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
I haven't had the camera issue, but the only issue I've had with halo, is when you pin hangouts, hangouts can fc, and will cause a looping fc if you try to open hangouts again in halo or otherwise. This glitch I've had in every kk rom though. Really liking the rom alot.

Sent from a Kaiju killing Jaeger

Senyaka, I'm not seeing that issue at all and haven't seen it on any of the kk ROM's. Have you tested it before changing any settings or installing any apps?

Ive only seen two issues with halo. Very rarely I'll open halo and when I close it the whole ui is the size of the halo window. Reboot fixes it.

Other issue is occasionally when I open up a halo window it will change what the background app was. So if I had nothing open and I open up halo for a text message. Gmail will open in the background and the halo window will open on top.

I've experienced the second on this ROM once already but not the first. Either way they are rare occurrences so o just use it as the phone requesting a reboot.

Sent from my i317 using tapatalk.

Reactions: jmz and Senyaka

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Senyaka, I'm not seeing that issue at all and haven't seen it on any of the kk ROM's. Have you tested it before changing any settings or installing any apps?

Ive only seen two issues with halo. Very rarely I'll open halo and when I close it the whole ui is the size of the halo window. Reboot fixes it.

Other issue is occasionally when I open up a halo window it will change what the background app was. So if I had nothing open and I open up halo for a text message. Gmail will open in the background and the halo window will open on top.

I've experienced the second on this ROM once already but not the first. Either way they are rare occurrences so o just use it as the phone requesting a reboot.

Sent from my i317 using tapatalk.

Yes I have my friend. It doesn't happen often. Usually when I'm getting a bunch of messages from Hangouts and I'm opening and closing it alot in succession. As for the issues you posted, I havnen't had them at all. Haha. Seems like everyone seems to have their own little niggles. It's not a bad thing in any way. Just something that seems to happen to me.

Reactions: sapps

JGoN86

Dec 10, 2012
old Bridge
I keep getting error message during recieveing mms pictures "couldn't load image"

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

phaze1

Jan 20, 2008
The ROM runs very well and has lots of customizations. Thank you Devs. With that said, I was wondering if there was any ext-sd save option fot the camera and if not would one be added. Is that not possible with KitKat OS and the included camera?
Please don't suggest sys file edits or that I install other camera apps that offer this as I already know they exist. I just want/suggest an easy toggle for the default camera app to save to ext-sd.

Last edited:

Gater2011

Mar 11, 2011
Any sound enhancements like Boeffla could use with this ROM?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

knlgSeeker

Jul 30, 2010
Sunrise, FL
Google Pixel 5
Great ROM! Been running it for 2 weeks & I have no complaints. Great battery life, i got over 26 hours with moderate/light use (2.5 hrs screen time). And OmniSwitch is very useful. All around a very stable ROM :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Any sound enhancements like Boeffla could use with this ROM?

You can use DSP manager

brianmay27

Mar 7, 2007
Bay area, CA
Just flashed this last night. I was a bit worried about going to this rom as ive had other issues with ASOP images..

HOWEVER, Your rom is the best ive tried in a long time. I could tell from about the first 5 minutes this will be the one that will stay. It is very well done and the mods are exactly what I look for.

Thank you for putting this together! I look forward to seeing how this turns out in the future!

Namorbrowneyes

Mar 25, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Awesome ROM man. Couple bugs here and there but no biggie

Once and if you add theme chooser to this it would be great. Regardless its a great working ROM bud

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I found that HKthemer xposed module works Perrrrfect for this in the meantime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
This is the most feature-rich 4.4 rom for our device so far...
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mbK2Y4U.jpg

rom_information.png
    Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating or any form of "pay to flash".

ELDlDWD.png
    "Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| OmniROM | AOKP | ChaOS | Paranoidandroid | SlimROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

features.png

-- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- PDroid patches included
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot Option
    -- Appbar (ribbons)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo from Paranoidandroid
    -- Halo size changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- Koush Superuser
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- Hosts file manager (ad-free option)
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options

-- And much much more, just take a peek in Dirty Tweaks for yourself and ENJOY!!!

kernel.png

6.0 - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

flash.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your device
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend GAPPS and ENJOY!!

issues.png

Nothing that I've seen but feel free to post what you find :)

changelog.png

Code:
    - Initial Kit Kat release

romlinks.png

ROM LINK - Download

GAPPS LINK - Download

MORE links that may or may not be of interest to you....

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Github source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!
    mine too.....
    Finally got it uploaded. All is good now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    New Build up today!
    New build posted. This one with Theme Chooser finally!!!!