SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 - Today wallpaper sharing (dedicated thread)

Search This thread

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
If that doesn't work, I posted more thorough instructions HERE that uses the Wallpaper.bmp. :) If took me forever to figure it out, so my loss is your gain.

Hi again, i checked out ur instructions, thanks for this. It appears to be a similar process to the earlier versions but i just cant find this wallpaper file anywhere. I have opened the qp_bkg_now.dat file with winrar but wallpaper doesnt appear. All i can find is seperator which is what you used with v2 mobile shell but not wallpaper. I have opened other files such as background.dat but it wont let me, error. i tried qpp_bkg_now.dat etc. all of which are in the mobile shell folder from the phone, can you point me to which dat wallpaper is hidden in? Thanks again.

kiay

Oct 15, 2008
Brisbane!!!
here's mine... :D

Screen28.jpg
Screen30.jpg
Screen29.jpg

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
Hi again, i checked out ur instructions, thanks for this. It appears to be a similar process to the earlier versions but i just cant find this wallpaper file anywhere. I have opened the qp_bkg_now.dat file with winrar but wallpaper doesnt appear. All i can find is seperator which is what you used with v2 mobile shell but not wallpaper. I have opened other files such as background.dat but it wont let me, error. i tried qpp_bkg_now.dat etc. all of which are in the mobile shell folder from the phone, can you point me to which dat wallpaper is hidden in? Thanks again.

It's definitely just in qp_bkg_now.dat. I attached a screenshot of where it shows up on mine. Do the files arrange themselves alphabetically? Don't know that's the default, but if it isn't, then that could make it hard to find.

Attachments

• wallpaper-winrar.jpg
    wallpaper-winrar.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 74

immi79

Apr 17, 2009
Manchester
cud anyone tell me how can i change the theme , there only the colours in the spb mobile shell themes, no such good wallpaper , how can i change that? sorry m using it first time so dont no nothin about it

Last edited:

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
It's definitely just in qp_bkg_now.dat. I attached a screenshot of where it shows up on mine. Do the files arrange themselves alphabetically? Don't know that's the default, but if it isn't, then that could make it hard to find.

Thats weird, it doesnt appear in my one, refer snapshot. The program seems to be working fine so its not like its missing something. Might have to re-install it to see if i get this wallpaper bmp in the folder.

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
Thats weird, it doesnt appear in my one, refer snapshot. The program seems to be working fine so its not like its missing something. Might have to re-install it to see if i get this wallpaper bmp in the folder.

So it ends at separator2? Weird. I can't explain that one, for sure. Yeah, it can't hurt just to do a reinstall. Not a big deal since we can back up our settings now. Let me know how it goes.

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
So it ends at separator2? Weird. I can't explain that one, for sure. Yeah, it can't hurt just to do a reinstall. Not a big deal since we can back up our settings now. Let me know how it goes.

It beats the hell out of me, i reinstalled form scratch and wallpaper simply doesnt appear in my qp_bkg_now.dat
My version is 3.01 build 6501, maybe that has something to do with it.

gangrel_82

May 10, 2008
ed hardy stuff

here are some Ed Hardy backgrounds i made

Attachments

• ed-hardy-logo1.jpg
    ed-hardy-logo1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 191
  • ed-hardy.jpg
    ed-hardy.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 401

dark_007