Should I re-purchase the AT&T S5?

Search This thread

BlockEight88

Jun 27, 2014
Back in April when the Samsung Galaxy S5 was first released, I purchased it via AT&T un-subsidized (no contract $649). I liked it a lot, however, I had a problem with the headphone jack. Basically, it was more loose than it should be. I returned the device and paid the ridiculous $35 restocking fee. I then tried the T-Mobile S5 on AT&T, but didn't have the best luck with reception (maybe I'm just super picky). So now, towards the end of June I am once again am tempted by the S5. I had used Nova Launcher so the device was very speedy.

Any suggestions on what to do?

P.S. I have tried the M8, and while I love how well it performs, I found the build to be quite slippery. I would also be getting the S5 full price.

Last edited:

sturmen

Jun 18, 2010
Boston, MA
sturmen.mp
Back in April when the Samsung Galaxy S5 was first released, I purchased it via AT&T un-subsidized (no contract $649). I liked it a lot, however, I had a problem with the headphone jack. Basically, it was more loose than it should be. I returned the device and paid the ridiculous $35 restocking fee. I then tried the T-Mobile S5 on AT&T, but didn't have the best luck with reception (maybe I'm just super picky). So now, towards the end of June I am once again am tempted by the S5. I had used Nova Launcher so the device was very speedy.

P.S. I have tried the M8, and while I love how well it performs, I found the build to be quite slippery. I would also be getting the S5 full price.

My headphone jack is decent enough, no complaints. However, I'll never miss an opportunity to plug the Nexus 5. Much cheaper, and word on the street is it's about to be released in yellow!

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton

I highly recommend it. I have mine rooted and I have pretty much every feature possible, no bugs or anything (except for Private Mode not working). Its very fast, never slows down on me, and you really can't beat the battery life (6-7 hours screen on time). Samsung really did a good job with this phone, and I feel that it's their first phone since the S2 that really got everything right. I will probably keep mine for a very long time.

drock212

Aug 26, 2009
ORLANDO

I'd recommend the tmobile one again. If you want to do any true customizing (root unlocking bootloader which its already unlocked) you can freely. Also tmobile variant is fully compatible with AT&T. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BlockEight88

Jun 27, 2014
I'd recommend the tmobile one again. If you want to do any true customizing (root unlocking bootloader which its already unlocked) you can freely. Also tmobile variant is fully compatible with AT&T. My two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

While I understand that, I am really not into rooting/flashing roms anymore. I also noticed that LTE signal strength was not great when using AT&T service on T-Mobile's S5.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX

I think a lot of people will be asking the question now that root and ROMs are available.

JRCARRERAS

Apr 15, 2014
I highly recommend it. I have mine rooted and I have pretty much every feature possible, no bugs or anything (except for Private Mode not working). Its very fast, never slows down on me, and you really can't beat the battery life (6-7 hours screen on time). Samsung really did a good job with this phone, and I feel that it's their first phone since the S2 that really got everything right. I will probably keep mine for a very long time.

I have a Galaxy S5 and a Note 3. Both are set up the same (Launcher, apps , root, etc). I have notice that the Note 3 is faster (loading apps, going to settings menu) than the S5. In Antutu the S5 has hire score but in 3DMark the Note 3 has higher score. Do you think this is normal or is there something wrong with my S5.?

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I have a Galaxy S5 and a Note 3. Both are set up the same (Launcher, apps , root, etc). I have notice that the Note 3 is faster (loading apps, going to settings menu) than the S5. In Antutu the S5 has hire score but in 3DMark the Note 3 has higher score. Do you think this is normal or is there something wrong with my S5.?

Note 3 has higher specs like 3 GB RAM, to name one. So I think it is normal.

Reactions: JRCARRERAS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note 3 has higher specs like 3 GB RAM, to name one. So I think it is normal.