Update on LiveView™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rabetionline

Sep 22, 2010
LiveView.png

The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ micro display has now been available for a while and we see more and more 3rd party developers starting to add support for it in their applications. The idea with the LiveView™ really is to leverage on 3rd party innovation so I’m glad to see that there already are quite a few developers creating plug-ins for it.

The currently available plug-ins span from using it as a notifier to more creative ideas like using it to pretend you’ve got a phone call.

These are the plug-ins that I found on Android Market as of now with short explanations.

• Moon Phase Pro: 3D interactive simulation of the moon.
• LiveView™ HTC Music plug-in: Music plug-in for HTC phones.
• OI Shopping List: Shop easily with your LiveView™.
• FakeCall for LiveView™: Trigger sounds and vibration on your Android phone.
• LiveView™ ContactCall plug-in: Lets you browse contacts and initiate a call.
• LiveView™ for Cycle Hire: Quickly access and safely access docking station statuses for London’s TfL Barclays Cycle Hire scheme.
• LiveView™ Weather plug-in: Show current weather forecast in your location.
• SportyPal: Motivational training tool that gives you a view of your work-out.
• Launcher plug-in: Display your application icons on the LiveView™.
• Smart Training: GPS tracker tool, post your training record.
• Where am I LiveView™ plug-in: Shows a map of your current location.
• LiveView™ PowerAMP: Control any music player.
• Gmail for LiveView™: Gmail notifications plug-in that also lets you read the first part of the e-mail.
• Se-first.com news alert: RSS notifier for Se-first.com
• Calendar plug-in: Gives you an overview of your calendar and you can scroll and dive into a daily agenda.
• Twitter icon plug-in: Shows your Twitter icon or a QR-code so that you can spread your Twitter-url.
• Mode plug-in: Profile manager that lets you switch between silent, vibrate etc.
• Psps Ikina: To be honest I’m not really sure what this does, I guess I’m outside the target group :) If you know please enlighten me!

More...

Last edited:
Reactions: LoRd D

pmoura

Apr 8, 2008
Cascais
Again, don't forget to update your LiveView device using Sony Ericsson Update Service application. Run Update Service choose X10 then Next. Turn off LiveView. Connect to USB cable. Press and hold Right button, then Left (Power) button until DFU appear on screen. Then update will guide you through the update.

If some would like, please post some ideas you want to see implemented on LiveView...

Reactions: Shiwantha

MaXmeOliver

Again, don't forget to update your LiveView device using Sony Ericsson Update Service application. Run Update Service choose X10 then Next. Turn off LiveView. Connect to USB cable. Press and hold Right button, then Left (Power) button until DFU appear on screen. Then update will guide you through the update.

If some would like, please post some ideas you want to see implemented on LiveView...

Wrong thread

rmuraoka

Jan 4, 2011
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ micro display has now been available for a while and we see more and more 3rd party developers starting to add support for it in their applications. The idea with the LiveView™ really is to leverage on 3rd party innovation so I’m glad to see that there already are quite a few developers creating plug-ins for it.

The currently available plug-ins span from using it as a notifier to more creative ideas like using it to pretend you’ve got a phone call.

These are the plug-ins that I found on Android Market as of now with short explanations.

• LiveView™ for Cycle Hire: Quickly access and safely access docking station statuses for London’s TfL Barclays Cycle Hire scheme.
• Gmail for LiveView™: Gmail notifications plug-in that also lets you read the first part of the e-mail.
• Calendar plug-in: Gives you an overview of your calendar and you can scroll and dive into a daily agenda.
• Twitter icon plug-in: Shows your Twitter icon or a QR-code so that you can spread your Twitter-url.
• Mode plug-in: Profile manager that lets you switch between silent, vibrate etc.
• Psps Ikina: To be honest I’m not really sure what this does, I guess I’m outside the target group :) If you know please enlighten me!

I'm not able to find the following plugins in the Market, is it possible for someone to post them:
LiveView™ Weather plug-in
Where am I LiveView™ plug-in

TIA

down4wotever

Jan 28, 2009
I'm not able to find the following plugins in the Market, is it possible for someone to post them:
LiveView™ Weather plug-in
Where am I LiveView™ plug-in

TIA
I also noticed that these two plug-ins have gone walk about. Methinks it may have something to do with permissions from Google, especially the "where am I plug in" which clearly pulled information from Google Maps.

LoRd D

Dec 13, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Ty a lot!
I found them in another topic and installed them but liveware dosent recognise my device!
Dunno maybe its cause from my ROM!
and pls share your plugins!

Last edited:

chrxss

Nov 21, 2009
Has anybody the Where am I apk file? I can't find it... I have the weather apk if anyone is interested...

azian_advanced

Dec 12, 2008
Calgary
not sure if it applies but since the "where am i" liveview app has been removed from the market because it uses google maps without googles permission, asking for the apk may be deemed as warez and might get you in trouble on the forum. like i said, i'm not sure if it's the same as warez or not but maybe someone can shed some light on this before more and more people start asking the same thing.

Ceger

Nov 10, 2007
I don't understand why it is an issue if the plug ins are free and use Google services like hundreds of other apps do. Maps and other Google apps has an open API for such things.

Confused.

dalethefarmer

Jul 27, 2010
New York
not sure if it applies but since the "where am i" liveview app has been removed from the market because it uses google maps without googles permission, asking for the apk may be deemed as warez and might get you in trouble on the forum. like i said, i'm not sure if it's the same as warez or not but maybe someone can shed some light on this before more and more people start asking the same thing.

Is not warez...

Please post the apk, anyone?

down4wotever

Jan 28, 2009
Seconded. I think if Google were were that concerned, they would use their remote wipe function. The "where am I" plug in is one of the coolest and practical on the liveview

nan_a

Jun 17, 2010
Some body can do a review about this gaget. Something like how much battery keep and how much drain bt connection from the phone! What future can be adds and what known issues are about this gaget?
Thank you!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

RYONJAY

Nov 20, 2009
I have had my Liveview for a day, now. Early days, but so far it does what it says..Will consider doing a full review at some point. I will add, that this gadget is more useful than essential, but so far, so good...

azian_advanced

Dec 12, 2008
Calgary
I'm using Wolfbreak's CM6 ROM and it takes me 10-20 tries to get my LiveView to pair with the phone. Even when I get it to work, it disconnects and takes forever to reconnect again.

I don't think SE plans to ever fix this problem. I would love to have one of the xda devs to come up with an update fixing all of LiveView's issues.

btw, I have the Whereami application in a backup file from the stock 2.1 ROM. The next time I plan to flash a new ROM in, I'll post the file up for downloads as long as it's legal to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    Would you mind to share these APKs?
    I can't access to market right know!

LiveView App: http://www.mediafire.com/?yrjzqk919a5gllf

LiveWare App: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2sf7v7kl2fpf8l

[LOL, I accidently thanked your post :p]
    LiveView.png

More...

Hello!
    Would you mind to share these APKs?
    I can't access to market right know!
    I've re-updated my liveview firmware through UpdateService (link) which hard-resetted the device, then I re-paired it with the phone and it seems to run a bit better now.

It still disconnects after a long while which is probably what it's programmed to do to save battery but now it always connects on the first try (instead of 10 tries). i'll be doing this every time I switch to a new ROM. maybe the liveview doesn't like having more than one device paired in its history and after every ROM upgrade, it needs to be hard resetted.