Fm Transmitter for Mytouch 4g

Search This thread

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
well looks like this can only work on 2.2 anyone can port it to ics or jb?

No, I don't think so.

Only the stock 2.2 has the transmit code enabled in the Broadcom OEM FM API. The needed code was removed/disabled for 2.3 GB and AOSP based ROMs usually don't use the closed source Broadcom OEM FM/BT API. They use the open source Bluez stack, or the new open source Google/Broadcom "Bluedroid" BT API.

I didn't create the app. Somebody who once worked for T-Mobile sent it to me and I made it available on devhost. I've since removed it from my devhost files, but fortunately other people have copies now.

The story is...:

T-Mobile was looking to release the transmitter app as a stock feature. For some reason, they decided not to; perhaps for the same reason that virtually NO "western/1st world" phone OEM has ever officially supported FM transmit (except Sharp for some Japan domestic market devices). Reasons are debate-able but could include extra delays/hassles/costs for FCC certification and/or the low quality of FM transmitters on a chip.

So, ... this phone is one of the very, VERY few Android devices that has the FM/combo chip transmit antenna pin connected somewhere useful, ie the wired headset cable.

I bought 2 of these phones, used, a while back just for this reason. I was going to reverse engineer the transmit functions / registers, but never got around to it. I don't think I'll ever get around to it now.

And I have very serious doubts that anyone else is going to spend the time required to figure this out, especially on such a "legacy" phone now.

So that's it. It works. But ONLY on stock 2.2 and ONLY on this phone.

And the signal is pretty damn weak. I have to wrap antennas together to get a half decent signal. And even then the quality doesn't seem too good. Wires or Bluetooth are better ways to send audio.

Last edited:

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Well, then I guess this is stuck here.:(:( but mine had a good signal although not as good as the car fm transmitter but I could sit at the back of a taxi and use it on the taxi's radio and it worked perfectly.
Awwww poor thing:(

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well looks like this can only work on 2.2 anyone can port it to ics or jb?

No, I don't think so.

Only the stock 2.2 has the transmit code enabled in the Broadcom OEM FM API. The needed code was removed/disabled for 2.3 GB and AOSP based ROMs usually don't use the closed source Broadcom OEM FM/BT API. They use the open source Bluez stack, or the new open source Google/Broadcom "Bluedroid" BT API.

I didn't create the app. Somebody who once worked for T-Mobile sent it to me and I made it available on devhost. I've since removed it from my devhost files, but fortunately other people have copies now.

The story is...:

T-Mobile was looking to release the transmitter app as a stock feature. For some reason, they decided not to; perhaps for the same reason that virtually NO "western/1st world" phone OEM has ever officially supported FM transmit (except Sharp for some Japan domestic market devices). Reasons are debate-able but could include extra delays/hassles/costs for FCC certification and/or the low quality of FM transmitters on a chip.

So, ... this phone is one of the very, VERY few Android devices that has the FM/combo chip transmit antenna pin connected somewhere useful, ie the wired headset cable.

I bought 2 of these phones, used, a while back just for this reason. I was going to reverse engineer the transmit functions / registers, but never got around to it. I don't think I'll ever get around to it now.

And I have very serious doubts that anyone else is going to spend the time required to figure this out, especially on such a "legacy" phone now.

So that's it. It works. But ONLY on stock 2.2 and ONLY on this phone.

And the signal is pretty damn weak. I have to wrap antennas together to get a half decent signal. And even then the quality doesn't seem too good. Wires or Bluetooth are better ways to send audio.
    This app does exactly as its name. For short, it transmits whatever audio been played on ur device to an fm frequency. So that fm radios,tuners etc can play what you playing on your phone. If you still dont get the idea, pls google on what an Fm transmitter is.

Note this app isnt mine, I found it a while ago and it seems to have vannished off the internet.
    As I have been told it was made by The Guys who created Spirit Fm. Mike if am correct and anyone else who I dont know about
    So feel free and enjoy.
    Here is the download link.

Thanks to deadman for the mirrors.:thumbup::)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kjca2kiywgsuzp/FMTx.apk

https://mega.co.nz/#!tcolXTwK!V65ZgzGBLCWKW18TBgK8Dz0Eu9h2R5_BgifZXW2vwb4

http://d-h.st/Qqa

FMTx.apk - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4FTkoutYojQVnkxR1hPSlpHMDQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

It is known to work with the stock rom.
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app
    Oh yeah give credit to the developer of this

Mike R, the guys that also made spirit FM

Sent from my myTouch 4g using xda app-developers app
    Okay. Could u get me a rooted stock 2.3?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app

Ok ill try my best lol

Can I get access also, just sent a request Sean*******@gmail.com

I'm mirroring it tomorrow, I'll make it public on Google drive :)

Sent from my myTouch 4g using xda app-developers app