[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Search This thread

RavenSEAL

Apr 13, 2011
Tampa
Awesome tool guys, i can personally vouch for it. I was able to install Custom Recovery and flash to aosp's CM7MOD, which runs awesome as well.

This honestly makes EVERYTHING easier! Even for an android noob like me(although i consider myself techie as far as windows/hardware/etc). Using this program, it took me about 30 minutes to be up and running, no annoying adb, etc, etc.

16 pages of reference in the android central Optimus V forum(Can't post link since i just joined)

Sep 9, 2010
hville
im going to get a optimus t on monday and wanted to know how well romtool works on it? and is their anything i need to do different since its in beta for the optimus t? i used it on the optimus v and it worked great i do not get a signal with vm so im goin back to tmobile and they have their refurb phones on sale. thanks for any help

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
?

am I missing something obvious?
I unzip the file, run romtoolsxxx.exe following the prompts, phone plugged in debugging mode, and it sez: error - device not found. How does the computer recognize the device without adb shell?

RavenSEAL

Apr 13, 2011
Tampa
am I missing something obvious?
I unzip the file, run romtoolsxxx.exe following the prompts, phone plugged in debugging mode, and it sez: error - device not found. How does the computer recognize the device without adb shell?

the LG drivers that you're supposed to install if you don't already have....

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
the LG drivers that you're supposed to install if you don't already have....
well, I didn't install the drivers, everything proceeds fine, i place grecovery.img in Recovery Flash dir (that I had to create) - root access ok, proceeds with loading the recovery. Reboot into recovery, it shows me android with throw-up arrow as if installing, and then just wipes the phone to factory specs, reboots like on first boot, and - no recovery menu. Is this normal and I should only use rom tools to flash etc?

RavenSEAL

Apr 13, 2011
Tampa
well, I didn't install the drivers, everything proceeds fine, i place grecovery.img in Recovery Flash dir (that I had to create) - root access ok, proceeds with loading the recovery. Reboot into recovery, it shows me android with throw-up arrow as if installing, and then just wipes the phone to factory specs, reboots like on first boot, and - no recovery menu. Is this normal and I should only use rom tools to flash etc?

Wait...please tell me you're not using this with your MyTouch...

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
ok well i formated cache accidentaly but i dont have anything to flash can i reboot or will it mess up my phone ??

EDIT sorry for being such a noob :p
BUt is this recovey really cwma ?? cuz it feels lik the stock one it doesnt have many options

Last edited:

karanrk007

Apr 28, 2010
I am using LG OPtimus one. so i have downloaded Stock rom from LG.. which is in .kdz format. so i will have to convert it to .zip or make kdz file to zip. plz help me.. i tried by making kdz file zip and changing name to rom.zip but it failed...

thanks in advance

nascar2428

Feb 11, 2011
Burtucky
Not sure whats goig on. States not rooted, even though suoeruser, quick boot, terminal emulater and root check all work fine. Did all of the none rooted steps and recovery just does not look right. Blue font with four options. Is this what it is supposed to look like?

nascar2428

Feb 11, 2011
Burtucky
Changed the recovery.img to vrecovery.img and did not close the second cmd screen after closing oneclick. I now have the custom recovery for my optimus v.

kjmott

Dec 30, 2010
Wichita
So I'm a little confused on what I need to get a rom installed with this program.

I just got the optimus v for virgin mobile today and I want to get cm7 on it.

With this program can I put the rom on it directly or do I need to install a custom recovery first? Thanks for any help.

ajo4788@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2011
multiupload wont load on phone or laptop

hi is there anyway someone could post a new link to this maybe a personal one or a diff source cause i really need to fix my brothers phone im freaking out lol anyways it would be greatly appreaciated thank you:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read entire post!

Capture-3.png

I really dislike typing out ADB commands. I'm sure some of you feel the same. This program combines some of the most common tasks we perform with ADB and automates them for you.

Where is Recovery Flasher?
    All the features are built into this program. I have decided to expand this program's functionality.

Features Explained

Flash ROM - Place a ROM in the 'ROM' folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically

Flash Recovery - Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Self explanatory .

Mount /system r/w - Allows read/write access to /system

Push ROM to SD card - Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)

Push framework-res.apk - Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.

Push bootanimation.zip - Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)

Reboot - Reboot

Reboot into Recovery - Obv.

Recoveries
    CWMA v1.2518.4 for V and S
    drellisdee's Recovery for T and One (thread with dl link will open automatically)

Capture2.png

Recovery Instructions
    - Download
    - Unzip the folder somewhere (desktop is easy)
    - Double click RecoveryFlasher.exe
    - Choose 'flash recovery'
    - Place your phone in debug mode >setting>applications>development>USB debugging
    - Choose what you want to do
    - Follow the prompts and hit "any" key when told
    - Your phone will reboot into the recovery for you, and from there you can mount your sdcard and transfer a new ROM to flash. Or even easier, use the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :)

You're responsible for your own actions Mr. Sister

Changelog

v2.3.1
    - Complete overhaul
    - All original features retained
    - Can now flash ROM for you
    - Wipe dalvik-cache option
    - Push framework-res.apk added
    - Push bootanimation.zip added
    - Beta support for Optimus T recovery added
    - Fixed Optimus One issue
    - More code cleanup and stability improved
    - Tons of other BS
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V drivers
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 without drivers

v1.3
    - Beta support for Optimus One recovery added
    - Useful tools added
    ---- Reboot
    ---- Reboot into recovery
    ---- Mount /system
    ---- Push ROM to SD Card (place ROM in the 'ROM' folder and it will be pushed to the root of your SD card)
    - Code cleanup
    - Lots of code rewritten
    - File cleanup
    - Stability improved
    - New font color :)
    - Progress bar added
    - Drivers now optional
    - Other junk I'm forgetting
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (without V drivers)
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (with V drivers)

v1.0
    - Initial release
    - Optimus V and S support
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.0

FAQ
    Can I use this with a different recovery?
    -Yes. Any recovery can be used for the supported devices.
    -To use an alternate recovery for the V or S, rename the new recovery to vrecovery.img and replace the 'vrecovery.img' included with the new one.
    -For the Optimus One, the recovery needs to be named grecovery.img.
    I don't understand the version numbers. Why did some numbers get skipped?
    -First digit represents a huge change. Second represents new features. Third represents a bug fix
    -2.3.1 = Second huge update with 3 feature revisions and one bug fix

credits: Koush, Zefie, CLShortFuse
    CWMA
    flash rom to phone? valid for stock/default LG rom also? or only custom roms? i guess its only for custom rom.

really nice work. appreciate it. thanks.

If you are stock, install a custom recovery and root first and you'll be good. Or if you mean you want to flash a stock ROM, then yes you can.