[ROM]AOKP Build 37[FE21 Kernel][OS 4.0.4]UPDATED 05/24/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

krazy_smokezalot

Sep 24, 2010
Washington DC
Congratulations! Personally, I would be cautious about using my phone or doing anything else that does not actively assist a woman in labor - the rage can be unpredictable and devastating when she feels like you are not giving her 150% of your attention. HULK SMASH!

Speaking from (painful) personal experience here...

Yeahh I agree give her 1000% of your attention lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: ZombiiBite

ZombiiBite

Dec 11, 2010
Chicago
Congratulations! Personally, I would be cautious about using my phone or doing anything else that does not actively assist a woman in labor - the rage can be unpredictable and devastating when she feels like you are not giving her 150% of your attention. HULK SMASH!

Thanks, for the heads up! Naw she's been doing awesome, ever since I rooted her NS4G and she's able to play on her phone too. They did give her steroids for the babies lungs so if I do mess up I will definitely see HULK SMASH! Lol she knows I'll drop anything as soon as she needs me

Hope all is well Erick!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF300T using XDA

Last edited:

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011

Epidural man. Makes a piece of cake, for both of you

times_infinity

Can someone that lives in a 4G area and know that they get 4G PM me?

EDIT: Thank you to those that have PM'd me. Got what I needed.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Will you be using SBRISSEN's kernel or FE22?

sbrissen's kernel doesn't have 4G, has problems with radio during deep sleep/standby. and some other issues.

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Can someone that lives in a 4G area and know that they get 4G PM me?

EDIT: Thank you to those that have PM'd me. Got what I needed.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

sbrissen's kernel doesn't have 4G, had problems with radio during deep sleep/standby. and some other issues.

You could give us the option of choosing ff11 kernel or sbrissens. I live in 4g area but its no biggie since I am always using wifi.

Sent from my GT-19300 using xda premium

times_infinity

You could give us the option of choosing ff11 kernel or sbrissens. I live in 4g area but its no biggie since I am always using wifi.

Sent from my GT-19300 using xda premium

It wouldn't be too nice to release sbrissen's kernel without him giving the go ahead, especially since it isn't done and up to his release standards yet.

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
Coming over from Calk's Gingerbread ROM and I gotta give Build 37 props on battery life.

When I left for work at 7a.m, I had 91%, I've played around with my phone, sent a couple quick pays to my wife, installed a few apps and I'm sitting at 89% at 10:09am!

ALSO I have a question about the signal bar. Does it not work right in ICS? Even on Calk's ICS TW based ROM's, I had almost NO signal. On GB ROM's I get almost full bars, most places but on ICS anything, I get almost nothing. Right now sitting in my office where I would normally have 2 to 3 bars on Gingerbread, I have ZERO on AOKP. I'm using the same modem (EK02) I always use.

So where is the swagger button btw? :D

Last edited:

tdagraca

Jun 11, 2012
Coming over from Calk's Gingerbread ROM and I gotta give Build 37 props on battery life.

When I left for work at 7a.m, I had 91%, I've played around with my phone, sent a couple quick pays to my wife, installed a few apps and I'm sitting at 89% at 10:09am!

ALSO I have a question about the signal bar. Does it not work right in ICS? Even on Calk's ICS TW based ROM's, I had almost NO signal. On GB ROM's I get almost full bars, most places but on ICS anything, I get almost nothing. Right now sitting in my office where I would normally have 2 to 3 bars on Gingerbread, I have ZERO on AOKP. I'm using the same modem (EK02) I always use.

So where is the swagger button btw? :D

wow , I am running that as well, but witht the FF11 modem...my phone drained 46 percent in 3 hours with a few apps running... i cut it off and it dropped to 24 percent from 54 percent.. i dont know what is causing my battery level to die so fastly.. It could be the right modem/kernel combo

and the swagger button is in rom control under the sub menu toggles :)

Last edited:

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011
Idk what's going on but I lost so much battery life within three hours. This is not normal. :(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tdagraca

Jun 11, 2012
Idk what's going on but I lost so much battery life within three hours. This is not normal. :(

are you running aokp b37? what modem?

but yeah me too, I have read alot of people's statements that "the kernel takes time to set in" or "you will see accurate battery life in 3-4 days" i have flashed my phone 13 times since june 8th (all aokp b37, just with different modems/re flashes)

stepchap

Sep 8, 2010
Dallas
Finally upgraded to 37 from 36 yesterday and used kobridge's M tweaks and started getting horrible battery life. I went to the movies and was there for about 3 hours with 30% battery loss even WITH data off. Part of it was receiving a MMS and messaging showed using about 20% of that 30% but the real culprit seemed to be Chrome Beta which I just figured out this morning.

I charged to full overnight and then unplugged, wifi on but sync off, and lost 15% in 3 hrs just while asleep. Chrome had used something like 25% and apparently it kept using the sensors for the tilt scrolling even after exiting and having no tabs open. Finally found where it was located in the developer settings but I just thought it was odd since I wasn't having that problem before. Seems to have stopped for now but we'll see in a couple hours.

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
I just installed around 20 apps and I've gone threw EVERY settings menu and I'm only down to 75% from the 89% I reported about an hour ago. My screen has been almost constant on for the past hour.

I'm using Build 37 with the EK02 modem and I'm still on the stock kernel this included. About to Mobile ODIN TWRP AOSP kernel that was released a couple days ago just to see how it works out.

OH HEY! How do you see the tablet mode on this ROM?

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I just installed around 20 apps and I've gone threw EVERY settings menu and I'm only down to 75% from the 89% I reported about an hour ago. My screen has been almost constant on for the past hour.

I'm using Build 37 with the EK02 modem and I'm still on the stock kernel this included. About to Mobile ODIN TWRP AOSP kernel that was released a couple days ago just to see how it works out.

Unfortunately TabletUI mod isn't available on Build 37. The last build it was available for was Milestone 5. If on Milestone 5 and have the TabletUI mod installed you just set your LCD Density to 128 and it automatically kicks it to Tablet mode.

Reactions: MRMonaco

stepchap

Sep 8, 2010
Dallas

Milestone 5 was the last one to support tablet mode I believe.

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
Well damn, I wanted to check out Tablet mode. No big deal I guess.

I do have another question though! So things I've noticed as odd to me.

On Build 37, Mobile ODIN can not see my SD Card, only the internal storage space. I flashed that TWRP FF11 Kernel for AOSP everyone said was working on AOKP, I loose my SD Card completely.

Before for example, even though Mobile ODIN couldn't see it, other programs such as ES File Explorer could. Now I don't see it at all. Do I need to turn something on, or off or what?

That or is the kernel that is included with B37 available to re-flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP ICS 4.0.4
    This is a Port of AOKP, not built from source yet, but still awesome.
    Thank you: AOKP Team, T.C.P., Sbrissen, marcusant, Calkulin

DISCLAIMER: Flash at your own risk. DO NOT USE AN ICS RECOVERY TO FLASH THIS ROM. It has been known to cause bricks. Not responsible for damage done to your device or the zombie apocolypse.

Screenshots

I want to make sure this is clear, T.C.P. is the man that brought us AOKP. He is the sole developer here. I am just a simple man that likes to add the little stuff to help him out and provide support. So for the new folks or those that want to know, this started in the General section. I brought up AOKP and T.C.P. was on it in a flash and was kind enough to keep updates as the AOKP team updated their ROM. Eventually its popularity brought it over to the Dev section and here we are now. So please, be so kind as to throw this good man some bones for his hard work. He is having some issues with his dev machine at this time and any little bit will help so that he can get it fixed and keep us updated with this outstanding port. Thank you to all and Enjoy!

T.C.P. has become a victim of a brick. Please donate so that he continue his awesome work for us. Donate link is below. If it isnt working at any time, let me know.

Changelog:

Bugs:
    No 4g ( will be in next build fom source) - Fixed again. Build 32 04/16/12
    MMS - wont receive ( easy fix but forgot to add it :/ ) - Fixed
    Youtube - Green line and blue tint. Still works though. - Fixed
    SD not recognized by gallery and music app. Thank you sbrissen
    Data loss when transitioning from wifi to 3g. Thank you sbrissen
    GPS file missing Added in 03/15/12
    No camcorder - Not til source is available. - Appears there may be a work around. - Fixed
    Video playback via browser not working. - Fixed
    Theme chooser causes bootloop.

Install instructions.
    I always recommend a fresh install when moving to a new update. Once we have official release and recovery support, I will include an update instruction.

-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via the PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Wipe data/factory, cache and dalvik cache
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Reboot

Some reports state that it may need a second flash of the rom to get it to boot. So if your initial rom flash is really quick, flash the rom a second time, right after the initial flash.

Kernel - Optional
    Some are still having data loss. Its minimal but it may be kernel related. So as we get new leaked kernels, they will be posted here so people can try them.

FF02 - 06/06/12 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq3th7hpj1udb8e/zImage.tar
    FE14 - 05/16/12 - http://bit.ly/IYNkB6 Mirror http://bit.ly/JwWqGV
    FE10 - 05/15/12 - Download
    FE07 - 05/08/12
    FD26 - 04/29/12
    FD24 - 04/25/12
    FD19 - 04/22/12
    FD16 - 04/18/12
    FD10 - 04/12/12
    FC18 - 03/20/12
    FC22 - 03/23/12
    DOWNLOAD
    Mirror

Already on AOKP/Codename
    -Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -Wipe cache and dalvik
    -Flash an AOSP ICS Kernel
    -Reboot

Fresh flash and want to include a kernel.
    -Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache, Dalvik.
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik again
    -Flash Kernel
    -Reboot

Back up and Restore
    To back up
    -Odin EL26 kernel
    -Hold Power + Volume Up when Galaxy SII boot logo comes up to boot into Recovery
    -Back up
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    -Flash an AOSP ICS Kernel
    -Reboot

To Restore
    -Odin EL26 kernel
    -Hold Power + Volume Up when Galaxy SII boot logo comes up to boot into Recovery
    -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache and Dalvik
    -Restore nandroid
    *If you are restoring a nandroid that you backed up via the above process, you will need to wipe cache and dalvik, then flash an AOSP ICS kernel or the ROM wont boot because it is backed up with the EL26 kernel. Then reboot.
    *If you are restoring a Gingerbread ROM, just restore and reboot.

Previous Releases
    AOKP Build 36

Changelog:
    Added lockscreen color changer
    Added 'traditional' toggle layout [where the toggles are on the very top] (Stevepear426) -- find in RC > Statusbar General > Layout
    Added AOSP lockscreen style (Whitehawkx)
    Added extra volume slider options (Stevepear426, tmoskowite on gummy)
    Added lockscreen calendar options (!!!) (sethyx)
    Removed any trackball support the ROM had, was only throwing errors, not properly implemented
    Improved brightness slider under toggles, doesn't jump anymore
    Improved brightness slider (when sliding your finger across the statusbar if enabled). MUCH more responsive now
    Added fast charge toggle for maguro/toro for kernels that support it (Zaphod-Beeble)
    Added ability to set custom lockscreen image for targets. Click picture in RC to set.
    Also increased size of custom lockscreen images to more match the normal icons
    Improved
    Including AppWidgetPicker to help organize widgets
    Added digital clock widget to desk clock
    battery bar should no longer disappear when in the navigation bar

AOKP Milestone 4

FC15 Kernel 03/19/12

DOWNLOAD Thank you Sbrissen

Already running AOKP/Codename
    -Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -Wipe cache and dalvik
    -Flash FC15.zip
    -Reboot

Build 27

Alpha 1

Remove On-screen Navigation buttons:
    Go to ROM control - Power Menu Options - Enable Navigation Bar. Then hold down power button and enable or disable.

Tips & Tricks
    Disable Hard Keys - Thank you -EViL-KoNCEPTz-, swampgoblin
    Make sure you enable the Nav Bar in Rom Control BEFORE you disable the Hard Keys
    - Download ES File Explorer
    - Go into ES File Exploerer settings and enable Root Explorer and Mount File System
    - Locate file sec_keylayout.kl in /system/usr/keylayout
    - Open it with ES text editor
    - Delete the four lines of code and save. It will automatically create a back up of the file and will now be called sec_keylayout.kl.bak. If you want to re-enable, just delete sec_keylayout.kl and rename/remove the .bak from the back up file.
    Currently the backlights have been turning themselves off anyway but if you want to make sure they stay off, go into system settings>display>custom backlight settings and enable Use custom. Then select edit other levels and make sure the buttons column are all 0. Save & apply.

Workaround to mount both SD locations on your PC. Use Multi Mount from the Play store. - Thank you Killaphatboy

Workaround for sd_external. - Thank you gershee
    ***FIX***
    - Download/install DirectoryBind http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410262
    - Set up the source and target directories. (source: /emmc target: /sdcard/external_sd). save.
    - Click on the little floppy disk on the left of the field you just added, it should turn green. this enables it!!!! don't skip this! it must be green for it to be enabled.
    - Goto preferences and enable "Bind on boot"
    profit. 
    gallery and music now work.

It appears that you may have to rescan your media for this to work for some. If you are having problems with this working, try downloading Rescan Media in the market.

original post http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536568

Review Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FX61lwZNsM
    Thank you Qbking77
    Update: got fc's sorted out now its just camera and audio that are left. I'm at UCSF medical center atm so probably won't get anything done tonight sorry guys

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Alright Guy's. I can't stop thanking you guys enough. I have received 220 in donations. More than enough for a phone. Just deposited it to my bank account and should be all set Sunday at the latest. Again thanks a whole bunch. And expect more updates from me and Team Nocturnal. Again thanks from the bottom of my heart :cool:
    alpha incoming within the next 2 hours.. that is all
    Umm...ahem..*cough*, I don't want to turn this into a ***** / flame session...BUT-

This IS a fair question. It might be annoying to see every few posts..but it is fair. A good number of people donated cold hard cash for a new phone and while it DOES NOT entitle us to any expectation of receiving something at a certain time, it would be the right thing to at least get an update every few days. He did post several days ago that it was coming same day..so it's not out of line here.

I'm happy to wait however long it takes, but communication is key. I'm not saying we should expect a book, but a line or two of status isn't that hard. (Please?)

Whoa. I really don't think you should have thrown the donation comment out there. If you believe it doesn't entitle you to anything then you should have never brought it up. With any type of work, unforseen errors can occur at the last minute. While I obviously don't get to see Erick face to face I do know he will go silent even with me while he is busy. When you are determined to make sure things work properly, everyone has their own way of coping. This kind of work can work the mind to the point of pure frustration. Erick will get it when he feels it is ready. Just because he doesn't keep a blog of everything he is running into, doesn't mean you can start rambling off mad because he isn't appeasing you. I am pretty sure that Erick has brought plenty to the table to deserve any donation you sent him. Now I ask that you stay on topic and be patient. Thanks.