Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a preview build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyaogenMod device tree for Acer A700. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_acer_t30/tree/jellybean-next
Device Tree: None yet available (Only notable part: patch for TinyHAL: https://gist.github.com/4104332)

Downloads
ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/a700/a700_aosp_jb42_20121116.zip
Google Apps: Currently integrated due to lack of gapps package for 4.2
SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip (Currently, only SuperSU is compatible with 4.2)

Installation
Note: due to new /data/media layout in 4.2 for multiple user support, your data in /data/media (/sdcard) will be moved to /data/media/0. This may cause problems in restoring backups in recovery, you may fix it by moving data /data/media/0 back to /data/media via adb in recover prior to restoring data.

1. Install CWM recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
  5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Known Issues
  • Camera does not work
  • Bluetooth sometimes freezes bringing down Wi-Fi with it

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Last edited:

Webitu

Jul 2, 2012
Wow! This ROM is awesome. Please make it more stable. And the Performance is not so good as other ROMs.

Webitu

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Wow! This ROM is awesome. Please make it more stable. And the Performance is not so good as other ROMs.

Webitu

For stability: Please report crashes as mentioned in the OP, without logs, there'd be no way to know what broke.
For performance: Please report where and how performance differs.

Note that generic "please make this better" report do not help, please be more specific.

Reactions: krutoistudent

Fooox1

Aug 28, 2006
Runs so far, unfortunately I can not get a wifi connection. 'm Back to 4.1 back.

Webitu

Jul 2, 2012
For stability: Please report crashes as mentioned in the OP, without logs, there'd be no way to know what broke.

Note that generic "please make this better" report do not help, please be more specific.

Okay sorry. The launcher laggs sometimes and the Antutu benchmark results are not really good.
The GPU test results are 967 points. (3D = 674, 2D = 293)

The fps are 31. In the stock ROM i had 42 fps i think.

And i havn´t any crashes but it seems like its a little bit unstable but it can be also the apps who are not official for 4.2

But very good work! :good:

Sorry for my bad English.

Webitu

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
The graphic issue can't really be helped, Android 4.2 requires new graphic drivers and the current binaries used are optimized for the Nexus 7. As there are closed-source binaries, there is no way to modify them. The situation may change in the future as compatibility layers are introduced or new drivers are released.

Webitu

Jul 2, 2012
The graphic issue can't really be helped, Android 4.2 requires new graphic drivers and the current binaries used are optimized for the Nexus 7. As there are closed-source binaries, there is no way to modify them. The situation may change in the future as compatibility layers are introduced or new drivers are released.

Okay thank you. I already thought so. Hopely Acer brings a new Update with 4.2

Webitu

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Yeah. Big thanks for your work! I will try it out now. Did you recognized that when you set a wallpaper on CM10 only half of the wallpaper is used on the homescreen? Don`t know how to log this issue.

It's due to our screen size and peculiar wallpaper handling, so the default wallpapers don't scale too well.

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
It's due to our screen size and peculiar wallpaper handling, so the default wallpapers don't scale too well.

Yeah I`ve tried logcat in the terminal, before I read your command. It shows no error-message when I changed the wallpaper. But I think I could live with this one.

I`ve encountered one minor Issue. You could change the default page size in the trebutchet settings, but it doesn`t take effect on your pages on the homescreen. Yeah really minor issue, but otherwise I haven`t found a bug so far. But I will search further.

Again. CM 10.1 looks absolutely awesome on the Acer A700 and I would recommend everybody who has CWM on his A700 to try this one out. :highfive:

Has anyone tried twrp recovery on the A700? I`m frightened every time to flash on my A700, cause I experienced the freeze issue also(one time so far, after I switched from CM10 to Iconian 2.2).

Chris0706

May 18, 2010
bavaria
Trying to install CM10.1 but until now only bootscreen for 20 mins :/

Edit: hmm almost 40 minutes -.-

Tried Wiping Data/System/Cache now, but still Bootscreen loading and loading..

Last edited:

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Trying to install CM10.1 but until now only bootscreen for 20 mins :/

Edit: hmm almost 40 minutes -.-

Tried Wiping Data/System/Cache now, but still Bootscreen loading and loading..

Use adb to get a logcat, it'll tell you what's wrong. Normally, it's caused by not wiping data when coming from a stock ROM, but since you've said that you've wiped data, maybe there's some other cause.

Chris0706

May 18, 2010
bavaria
Use adb to get a logcat, it'll tell you what's wrong. Normally, it's caused by not wiping data when coming from a stock ROM, but since you've said that you've wiped data, maybe there's some other cause.

Which command parameters should i use ? Its a load of text.

If i want to save the log in a file with the -f parameter i always get the error, that the output file couldnt be openend and that my filesystem is read-only ..

Last edited:

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Which command parameters should i use ? Its a load of text.

If i want to save the log in a file with the -f parameter i always get the error, that the output file couldnt be openend and that my filesystem is read-only ..

adb logcat > log.txt

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyaogenMod device tree for Acer A700. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_acer_t30/tree/jellybean-next
    Device Tree: None yet available (Only notable part: patch for TinyHAL: https://gist.github.com/4104332)

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/a700/a700_aosp_jb42_20121116.zip
    Google Apps: Currently integrated due to lack of gapps package for 4.2
    SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip (Currently, only SuperSU is compatible with 4.2)

Installation
    Note: due to new /data/media layout in 4.2 for multiple user support, your data in /data/media (/sdcard) will be moved to /data/media/0. This may cause problems in restoring backups in recovery, you may fix it by moving data /data/media/0 back to /data/media via adb in recover prior to restoring data.

1. Install CWM recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Known Issues
    • Camera does not work
    • Bluetooth sometimes freezes bringing down Wi-Fi with it

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.
    It will work on A701, but 3G will not work.

BTW, CM10.1 preview. Nearly everything working (including Camera, etc.). Nightlies should start soon and I'll make a new thread then.

http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/a700/cm-10.1-20121216-UNOFFICIAL-a700.zip
    gonna grab this later :)

Webitu