changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
***Version 2.78 - There is a new version for download as of June 17th '09. This version includes the following:

- Import/Export buttons functions fixed
- Exporting and Resetting defaults issue fixed
- No more duplicate exceptions allowed (caused crash in older versions)
- More stop points on the Sensitivity adjustment bar

- Fixes from previous version (v2.77):

- the error found in this post and the error found in this post AND the error found in this post!
- fix for the music issue
- a sensitivity adjustment bar
- ability to define your own default exceptions (for personal use or for ROM's)
- user can choose to add a toggle link added to the programs menu. You can then link this to hardware buttons via other programs.
- & many other fixes that were brought up during the past few months.

Download the latest version of changeScreen (v2.78) here!

I will update the screenshots when I get the change (hopfully soon)...

NOTE: fix for Topaz Dialer causing changeScreen to stop rotating:
Just to confirm this (in my case).
The issue about crashing gyrator, changescreen, flip-it and whatever sensor app after making a call with topaz dialer it's because this enabled option by default.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0
My thanks to jpl69 for that post!

NOTE: fix for full screen apps showing title bar after rotation!
Read the post with the fix here
Thanks to Claus72 for the research and the post!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

screenshot.png

Gyrator is a great app... with a load of functions but I found that I didn't really use any of them except the screen tilt/Gsensor function.

That said one of the problems I had with Gyrator is that it always stayed in my open apps which is not THAT big a deal, but would just annoy the crap out of my OCD brain!

Anyway I decided to make a different version for myself and anyone else who JUST wants the Screen tilt function.

This appliaction will:
- allow you to stop and start the screen switch as you please
- start up with your device if desired
- allow exceptions (Opera is an exception by default because it already uses the Gsensor)
* I recommend if you use Tomtom to add that in a well (to avoid the screen switching when you hit a bump!)
- NOT show up in the running programs list! (Most important thing to me!)
- You also do NOT need to install .NETCF 3.5 to use this. It should run fine on 2.0!

Version 2.5
Download changeScreen version v2.5 here!

Version 2.1 is still available if 2.5 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen version v2.1 (2) here!

The BETA is still available if 2.1 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen.cab v2.1 BETA here!

Version 1.54 is still available for those of you who like the older version better!
Download changeScreen.cab v1.54 here

Last edited:

arche3

Dec 12, 2006
New York City
ok I really like this app. I have it setup with rotate only apps in the exceptions list. (word, excel, outlook, sms, notes, internet explorer, skyfire, rescoe explorer 2007, splash id)
the phone app on incoming call works perfectly this way. face down mute still works. If I am in landscape in outlook and a call comes in the incoming call screen will pop up in portrait. if I face down the phone the phone mutes. (gyrator would not do this and has issues with the incoming call screen on my NA diamond)
the rotate is also very speedy. definitely usable. much faster than the stock opera rotation for sure. although this app still does not affect the opera function because I believe it ignores it as a default. (album, and teeter ignored as default as well I believe)
I will run it for a few days and see how the battery drain is. how is this on the raphael in terms of battery drain?
(my diamond has netCF3.5 installed, so I did not test the use under netCF 2)

***bug 1- bug on my diamond is when using advance setting with "rotate only apps in exception" list manila rotates after hitting volume up down side key while the "system volume" window is in focus under manila.

Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
ok I really like this app. I have it setup with rotate only apps in the exceptions list. (word, excel, outlook, sms, notes, internet explorer, skyfire, rescoe explorer 2007, splash id)
the phone app on incoming call works perfectly this way. face down mute still works. If I am in landscape in outlook and a call comes in the incoming call screen will pop up in portrait. if I face down the phone the phone mutes. (gyrator would not do this and has issues with the incoming call screen on my NA diamond)
the rotate is also very speedy. definitely usable. much faster than the stock opera rotation for sure. although this app still does not affect the opera function because I believe it ignores it as a default. (album, and teeter ignored as default as well I believe)
I will run it for a few days and see how the battery drain is. how is this on the raphael in terms of battery drain?
(my diamond has netCF3.5 installed, so I did not test the use under netCF 2)

***bug 1- bug on my diamond is when using advance setting with "rotate only apps in exception" list manila rotates after hitting volume up down side key while the "system volume" window is in focus under manila.

Whoa... good catch! This issue has been fixed. Redownload version 1.52 from the 1st thread! Thanks!

btw - I havent noticed any "out of the ordinary" battery drain while developing. Nobody in the Raphael forums has mentioned anything either...

Also, if you remove opera from the list it should try to rotate opera as well. Same thing with teeter and album...

Last edited:

arche3

Dec 12, 2006
New York City
Whoa... good catch! This issue has been fixed. Redownload version 1.52 from the 1st thread! Thanks!

btw - I havent noticed any "out of the ordinary" battery drain while developing. Nobody in the Raphael forums has mentioned anything either...

Also, if you remove opera from the list it should try to rotate opera as well. Same thing with teeter and album...

ive used 1.51 all day. it works very well. ill try 1.52 with the fix on system volume. thanks.

*one bug that your app shares with gyrator2 is that if your app is run under the standard config (with opera, teeter, album listed as exceptions) the "incoming phone call" focus window will not mute the ring on face down. the work around for me is to run your app with your advanced config of apps listed for rotation.

but great app. it seems very stable and fast on the rotations.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
ive used 1.51 all day. it works very well. ill try 1.52 with the fix on system volume. thanks.

*one bug that your app shares with gyrator2 is that if your app is run under the standard config (with opera, teeter, album listed as exceptions) the "incoming phone call" focus window will not mute the ring on face down. the work around for me is to run your app with your advanced config of apps listed for rotation.

but great app. it seems very stable and fast on the rotations.

I'll look into this and give you an update sometime soon...

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
it does not bother me other than my own ocd issues... :D
I just set your app under advanced settings and list my apps I want to rotate.
it works perfectly for me!

*the text for your download link is still listed as 1.51 on top thread btw.

Another good catch, thanks.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
New version 1.53 available for download.

- fixed a few issues that affected the Touch Pro users...

Even better rotation time!

Hopefully some more Diamond users will post feedback?

Nevertheless, check 1st post for download link!

nuke1

Jun 1, 2008
Excellent, though if I wanted to prevent 180 degree mode, which I've ticked, nothing really happens :confused:. In my experience G-nes and Flip It were too sensitive. This is near enough perfect.

Another oddity is that it doesn't work with my Manila (I have landscape there with the particular ROM that I'm on). It just doesn't tilt. Anyone else experience that?

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
With gyrator or gsen, when i go into messaging tab and rotate to landscape mode, the phone always spazzes out and return back to TF3D home screen!!1 Does this app solve this problem or is still very possible??

arche3

Dec 12, 2006
New York City
With gyrator or gsen, when i go into messaging tab and rotate to landscape mode, the phone always spazzes out and return back to TF3D home screen!!1 Does this app solve this problem or is still very possible??

what phone are you using? on touch diamond for me it works great. sms and outlook rotate fast. (1.53 seems the same as 1.52 for me)

igal_f

Jul 21, 2008
Tel Aviv
www.voyajo.com
very nice application. i tried on my htc diamond and it's working nice and fast.
one exception, i can't disable touchflo from rotating. i have tried "touchflo" "touchflo3d" and "manila". nothing help, it continue rotating.

thank's and keep the good work.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Checking "auto startup" gives me an error ("Error creating shortcut") after i press "save".. :(

Are you using an English (US) ROM? Someone else reported tihs issue as well and im working on it now... Can you tell me that path to your Startup folder?

Excellent, though if I wanted to prevent 180 degree mode, which I've ticked, nothing really happens :confused:. In my experience G-nes and Flip It were too sensitive. This is near enough perfect.

Another oddity is that it doesn't work with my Manila (I have landscape there with the particular ROM that I'm on). It just doesn't tilt. Anyone else experience that?

Yeah, I included manilla NOT to rotate by default... Reson being that when my app rotates the manilla screen it becomes distorted on the right hand side. Can you check for me if it will rotate correctly on your ROM? If you go into the advanced option menu and check the box that says "Only rotate applications in my exception list" and add "start" to the exceptions list. This will set the app to ONLY rotate manilla. Then see if it rotates correctly or if it distorts in your ROM as well...

When "Always allow 180 degree rotation" is checked, it will allow the exception applications to rotate 180 degrees. When it is unchecked it will not allow any rotation in the exception applications.

very nice application. i tried on my htc diamond and it's working nice and fast.
one exception, i can't disable touchflo from rotating. i have tried "touchflo" "touchflo3d" and "manila". nothing help, it continue rotating.

thank's and keep the good work.

Is it rotating to landscape or just reverse portrait? If its only reverse portrait you can uncheck the box that says "Always allow 180 degree rotations" and it should solve it. If not try using the "Show app names" button and see what it says while you are on the home screen.

igal_f

Jul 21, 2008
Tel Aviv
www.voyajo.com
Are you using an English (US) ROM? Someone else reported tihs issue as well and im working on it now... Can you tell me that path to your Startup folder?

Yeah, I included manilla NOT to rotate by default... Reson being that when my app rotates the manilla screen it becomes distorted on the right hand side. Can you check for me if it will rotate correctly on your ROM? If you go into the advanced option menu and check the box that says "Only rotate applications in my exception list" and add "start" to the exceptions list. This will set the app to ONLY rotate manilla. Then see if it rotates correctly or if it distorts in your ROM as well...

When "Always allow 180 degree rotation" is checked, it will allow the exception applications to rotate 180 degrees. When it is unchecked it will not allow any rotation in the exception applications.

Is it rotating to landscape or just reverse portrait? If its only reverse portrait you can uncheck the box that says "Always allow 180 degree rotations" and it should solve it. If not try using the "Show app names" button and see what it says while you are on the home screen.
it is rotating only landscape and i don't see the application name also i set "show app names".

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc