Thanks Meter: 1,683

Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd June 2012, 09:05 PM |#21  
Flag San Bernardino, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn

Make sure that you have the WIFI tab. This is ONLY made for the WiFi tablet. Second, if you are installing from Cyanogenmod, make sure that you nuke your cache, data, and system partitions then restore a backup.

When restoring your backups, sometimes it may seem that the recovery has locked up, this may not be the case. Our recovery is very basic and lacks a lot of functions. While the screen may look frozen, it may actually be processing your restore. Please give your tablet at least 10 minutes to attempt to do a restore.

If you are having issues flashing try these steps:
1. Go back to a stable ROM or a stock one
2. Nuke the system, data, and caches on it
3. Flash the ROM
4. Nuke the caches and data
5. Restore your stable or stock ROM
6. Nuke the data and caches
7. Flash the Fast Form ROM and reboot

If you simply cannot get your backup to restore through the recovery, just wipe your data, cache, dalvik cache (under advanced in recovery), and system (under mounts and storage). Then flash the stock ROM zip or the Deodexed one by Antiochasylum

I am definitely on the WIFI Tab, I know that for sure. Secondly, I cant get my tablet to USB to move the stock ROM onto the storage.

Oh, and I am coming from a rooted, but STOCK ROM. I also waited LITERALLY an hour on bootloop just to see if it would ever move on. I'm on the verge of Heimdall-ing (I'm on a MAC so I can't ODIN) to stock to start all over, but if you have any other suggestions before I do that they would be appreciated.

2nd June 2012, 09:13 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmcghee

I am definitely on the WIFI Tab, I know that for sure. Secondly, I cant get my tablet to USB to move the stock ROM onto the storage.

Oh, and I am coming from a rooted, but STOCK ROM. I also waited LITERALLY an hour on bootloop just to see if it would ever move on. I'm on the verge of Heimdall-ing (I'm on a MAC so I can't ODIN) to stock to start all over, but if you have any other suggestions before I do that they would be appreciated.

Pop out the sdcard and throw that in another device if you have one and throw the stock rom on there and put in back in your tablet. Or put the card in a MicroSD->SDcard converter then pop it in your computer. Also try reinstalling your drivers for the tablet. MACs can sometimes get messed up with android devices. I'm sorry I can't really help you much more from there.
IF your device ever bootloops the Bootanimation or the Samsung logo part with the sound, then it's not going to get passed that stage. IF it get's stuck on the splash screen or the black screen when you first turn it on then it will eventually get passed that.
Good luck! Sorry the inconvenience!
2nd June 2012, 09:16 PM |#23  
Flag San Bernardino, CA

More
ok, so now i am REALLY gonna have to Heimdall I think. I tried again, this time wiping system as well and now I stuck at the first Galaxy Tab Splash screen. -__-

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Dude, thank you for that. I dont know why i didnt think to just put the SD in my phone... wow... anyways thanks also for telling me that if i hangs on the splash screen i can get past that.. thats where im at right now
2nd June 2012, 09:18 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmcghee

ok, so now i am REALLY gonna have to Heimdall I think. I tried again, this time wiping system as well and now I stuck at the first Galaxy Tab Splash screen. -__-

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Dude, thank you for that. I dont know why i didnt think to just put the SD in my phone... wow... anyways thanks also for telling me that if i hangs on the splash screen i can get past that.. thats where im at right now

Yeah. Just follow those steps after you get a clean stock ROM on there.
2nd June 2012, 10:37 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I believe the battery life is quite good. With the stock rom, mymthe Android OS was always 15, sometimes it reached 30-40. With this rom, the Android OS is 8 after an hour playing game, surfing Net

Sent from my GT-P6210 using XDA
3rd June 2012, 01:03 AM |#26  
Flag San Bernardino, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn

Pop out the sdcard and throw that in another device if you have one and throw the stock rom on there and put in back in your tablet. Or put the card in a MicroSD->SDcard converter then pop it in your computer. Also try reinstalling your drivers for the tablet. MACs can sometimes get messed up with android devices. I'm sorry I can't really help you much more from there.
IF your device ever bootloops the Bootanimation or the Samsung logo part with the sound, then it's not going to get passed that stage. IF it get's stuck on the splash screen or the black screen when you first turn it on then it will eventually get passed that.
Good luck! Sorry the inconvenience!

ok so, i cant find working heimdall files anywhere... im just gonna try installing another rom and seeing if i can get past the splash screen... and if so, hopefully no bootloop... im getting so discouraged tho.... it would be much easier if i had a pc...

-------edit-------

the rom im gonna try is the odex file u pointed me towards earlier... i really hope it works...
3rd June 2012, 01:55 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Just tested out the effects of enabling the Just in Time compiler (JIT) and it helps and has no side effects from what I have tested so feel free to add it to the ROM.

Code:
#enables dalvik jit
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
I am slowly testing different build.prop tweaks to ensure there are no bad effects. Especially wireless tweaks due to SODs...
The Following User Says Thank You to Zadeis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zadeis Ad-Free
3rd June 2012, 02:59 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadeis

Just tested out the effects of enabling the Just in Time compiler (JIT) and it helps and has no side effects from what I have tested so feel free to add it to the ROM.

Code:
#enables dalvik jit
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
I am slowly testing different build.prop tweaks to ensure there are no bad effects. Especially wireless tweaks due to SODs...

Awesome dude! Thanks. I'm having a summer slumber party right now,but I'll be sure to add it on the rom the next release I'm working on when I get home!
3rd June 2012, 08:11 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Download link for B2 seems to be down.
Can someone post a mirror?

I downloaded B2 yesterday, but I think that download might be corrupt. Retried downloading and no dice :\
3rd June 2012, 10:03 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceelos09

Download link for B2 seems to be down.
Can someone post a mirror?

I downloaded B2 yesterday, but I think that download might be corrupt. Retried downloading and no dice :\

Oh it is. Sorry I guess to much bandwidth was being used. I'll be sure to re upload it as soon as I get home! Sorry for the inconvenience. For now see if you can get some one to mirror it. Once again I'm sorry!
4th June 2012, 12:28 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Whoooaaa very impressed on the battery! It seems to be bit snappier and less laggy nice work!
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome rom, fast, rom, speed, strumerjohn
Previous Thread Next Thread