Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2012, 06:45 AM |#21  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn

You might need to wipe and re flash. It happens a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

I did that and it solved the issue , just booted into recovery and wiped data and cache, going to root and install CWM now , Thanks man

19th July 2012, 09:03 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
odin error
Any idea what does this Odin error mean? I am getting this error when trying to flash either the HC or ICS firmware.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1207930  
19th July 2012, 10:12 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nevermind I use different PC and it works now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p321

Any idea what does this Odin error mean? I am getting this error when trying to flash either the HC or ICS firmware.

19th July 2012, 10:25 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Figured something out, I was stuck on the "Samsung" splashscreen after flashing as well. What I did is:

1. Made sure to turn the tablet OFF (holding vol up, vol down, AND power), and not just force restarting the tablet
2. Boot into receiving mode (vol down + power)
3. Flash the UK ICS via Odin (PC obviously)
4. Let the tablet reboot, you should see a somewhat short loading screen with the new "3D" android bot with the wireframe molecule looking thing coming out of his chest.
5. Tablet should reboot again, go through the splash screen.
---------- If the tablet gets stuck at the splash screen again, read on ----------
6. Turn the tablet OFF again
7. Boot into stock recovery (vol up + power)
8. Do a "wipe data/factory reset" AND wipe cache
9. Select the "restart" option from the recovery menu
10. Let the tablet restart, should go completely through the splashscreen and into the initial setup.

After 4 days of being without a tablet, loading into ICS is friggin sweet. Surprisingly responsive.
19th July 2012, 12:02 PM |#25  
Flag Agde (France)
Thanks Meter: 20

More
ICS for my P6210
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn

Here bud. Just download from here.

http://minus.com/lbjbfJ6UfQRQ2o

Thanks for the link too )))

But it's rom HC 3.2
19th July 2012, 03:36 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtshaw

Just wanted to say thanks for the write up and the files! The upgrade to ICS went smooth like butter! The tab runs so nice with ICS on it, much more responsive and fluid. I had stock HC, only rooted and I was able to just drop the ICS firmware right on top via odin, no problemo. I hit start and walked away, came back to "Optimizing Applications". Did the CWM and Rooted. Loaded up Apex ICS launcher, finally!! Nice job!

How did you root, I open temp cwm but can apply root since i get error cannot mount sd card. Anyone else encounter this, if i install permananent will this chage?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

So this is what I did, I flashed permanent cwm then installed root zip, which i placed in tablet not sd card. The CWM read only the tablet. I dont mind because it works great.

Also btw I also just flashed ics via odin w/o wipe and then once booted, installed permanent cwm, then root by placing in tablet. Thanks to every one for this.
19th July 2012, 05:14 PM |#27  
Flag Monterey, CA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolarte

How did you root, I open temp cwm but can apply root since i get error cannot mount sd card. Anyone else encounter this, if i install permananent will this chage?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

So this is what I did, I flashed permanent cwm then installed root zip, which i placed in tablet not sd card. The CWM read only the tablet. I dont mind because it works great.

Also btw I also just flashed ics via odin w/o wipe and then once booted, installed permanent cwm, then root by placing in tablet. Thanks to every one for this.

Glad you got that working, the perm cwm is a good solution. For anyone else scratching their head during the CWM and root phase, make sure to use the touch interface. I was using the vol and pwr keys out of habit and it would not scroll and just blink and hang then go back to the main screen. I was beginning to feel like a monkey with an etch-a-scetch... A couple reboots into recovery and relaunching cwm and I figured it out.. Then I had the same issue with the sd card, but you need to scroll down(off screen) to flash from internal storage, the sd-card is mounted wrong. My thunderbolt had the same oddness with the storage mount points in CWM. Known issue with this version. I was back to the monkey deal again for a few minutes till I scrolled down. lol

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to rdtshaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdtshaw Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 07:10 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
oh, totally forgot about that. Thanks, I still prefer the non touch over the touch it slows me down which is always a good thing lol. Now dev let the mods roll down.
19th July 2012, 09:51 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The torrents are dead - no seeds. I got the stock rom from StrumerJohn's link but still need the EU ICS rom...
19th July 2012, 10:00 PM |#30  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoggerJeff

The torrents are dead - no seeds. I got the stock rom from StrumerJohn's link but still need the EU ICS rom...

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5448
The Following User Says Thank You to Vivified For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vivified Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 10:09 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivified

Here's an Odin/Mobile Odin flashable recovery.img to get permanent CWM back after installing stock ICS

Download: mediafire // md5: 79729ED6B91A7112DE93A8C49D5C870D

Flashable with Mobile Odin/Light, as well as Odin(put it in PDA slot).

Backup not working ? It's trying to make it in the /system/media

Anyway to get back to the stock recovery ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, ics p6210, ics rom, ics root rom, ics tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)