Droid Maxx Battery Drain

Search This thread

benb70

May 20, 2011
After the latest OTA, my battery has been draining very quickly, to the point where I can only get 6-8 hours out of a full charge. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SupremeOverlord

Oct 30, 2013
Chicago
I think more information is needed. What version you on? What apps draining it? The more information you provide, the more help you can get.

doogald

May 27, 2010
Settings / battery usage. Tap the graph - if the awake graph shows a lot of blue, you have an app (or more than one) holding the phone awake. The settings / battery usage first screen may give a clue what that is.

One other thing to look at is a corrupted Google sync. Settings, tap "Google" under accounts. If you see an item with a red circle rather than a green circle, it is having sync problems. That can drain battery fast.

benb70

May 20, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I believe it was simply a combination of switching to a new app for texting (EvolveSMS, which is great, by the way) that turned on my screen whenever I received a new text and being in a big city on vacation where I'm not getting the consistent signal strength I'm used to.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

porkweasel

Oct 17, 2010
I'm having the same issue. I did a full factory restore of the new update, loaded the same apps as I previously had from scratch (no titanium) and my battery is draining rapidly. No run away apps at all. Probably getting 1/3 the life as I was previously.