Galaxy S Plus I9001 Q&A

Search This thread

shaunnicho

Aug 4, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
Does anyone know how to fix the boot loop in cwm recovery without using Odin as I don't have access to a computer. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

mitza4fun

Aug 7, 2012
Romania
Hi guys, i want to root my phone, but i can't enter in recovery, i looked over youtube, but nothing, i have tried for many times Volup+ and then Power and he turns on normally, it doesen't show to me that box, another solution please ?

P.S. Respect for your work guys !!!

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
Hi guys, i want to root my phone, but i can't enter in recovery, i looked over youtube, but nothing, i have tried for many times Volup+ and then Power and he turns on normally, it doesen't show to me that box, another solution please ?

Holding Vol+ and Power should work to get you into at least the default recovery.

Here the section from the XDA wiki page :

Recovery Mode

Recovery mode is used to install system updates in form of update.zip files (such as the one for rooting your phone), performing a factory reset and wiping the cache. Once you replace the stock recovery with a more advanced recovery, you will also be able to install custom ROMs, make backups and much more.

"Android out of the box" icon indicating successfully booted recovery mode
To enter recovery mode, turn off the phone, connect the USB cable, and then hold down Volume Up + Power.
If done properly, the phone will show the SAMSUNG and Galaxy S Plus screens and then end up at the "Android out of the box screen". Now press Menu to enter recovery mode.
The options for actually performing recovery when something is wrong with your phone are very limited with the stock recovery that comes preinstalled on your phone. However, you have the option to replace it with a much better, fully-featured recovery called "ClockworkMod Recovery" (CWM).
Getting into recovery mode can be a bit fiddly and you might need several tries. Connecting the USB cable makes it a lot easier. CWM recovery does not have this problem and boots reliably. If you are still having problems getting into recovery mode, download Easy Reboot Recovery.zip, unpack and run RebootRecovery.bat while your phone is connected with the USB cable. The phone will reboot into recovery mode.
Navigation in recovery mode is done using the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up and down in lists and the Home button for choosing an item. Sometimes a simple push of the Home button is interpreted as two pushes so be careful.
Recovery mode is a separate partition on your device (#13) that holds its own minimal Android system with a kernel and a small set of tools.

Dragon0501

Apr 17, 2012

Install a clockworkmod via odin. Then you can enter recovery.

Sent from my GT-i9001 using xda premium

mitza4fun

Aug 7, 2012
Romania
Holding Vol+ and Power should work to get you into at least the default recovery.

I know that page, so i tried, but i don't know sure.

I need to press Vol+ and after a sec Power ?

@Dragon0501
I installed ROM manager and when i enter there it tells me that: "you must root your phone for rom manager to function superuser was not found..blahblah" i press ok, then when i press "Reboot into Recovery" it tells me "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"..

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011

@Dragon0501
I installed ROM manager and when i enter there it tells me that: "you must root your phone for rom manager to function superuser was not found..blahblah" i press ok, then when i press "Reboot into Recovery" it tells me "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"..

Press Vol+ and Power at the same time and keep them pressed ...

Dragon0501

Apr 17, 2012

@Dragon0501

You need a clockworkmod. Search for it in our Forum. You need a flashable package to flash with odin. You can Not flash it from running android. The Rom Manager doesn't work for i9001. You need the odin flash Tool ans an flashable recovery. You can have a look in the Forum. Then you have to enter Download mode (vol- and Power on). Then start odin on PC and connect phone. When you have another question there is an how to.

Sent from my GT-i9001 using xda premium

J_star

Aug 10, 2012
I just applied the tutorial from this forum post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1648163&page=1

The rom is a great improvement from the stock (TMobile NL). But it provides various questions:

1. When I check my rom update proposals, Kies informs me that my Phone isn`t supported evermore so it informers me that my firmware is totally different.
2. Since the update, my applications are getting mixed to the original settings. I tested it three times, every time I switched a few apps (The homescreens are fine) and after reboot there back at there original position.

Can someone provide me with some usefull feedback?

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 1:
n36c0x.jpg

I just checked my Phone, but does Odin, only chance the core and not the other specs/roms?

Last edited:

mitza4fun

Aug 7, 2012
Romania
Last edited:

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
I installed an update of my ROM BroodROM v1.2 today but I lost CWM Manager app and almost all of my ringtones.
Any ideas on how to get them back or where to find re-installs?

Thonium

Aug 11, 2012
S+ CyanogenMod 9 by ivendor

Hello,
I installed CyanogenMod 9 by ivendor - beta 1 and everything is fine except for the "clicking" sound. I tried setting the volume and stuff like that nothing works. There is still not sound when i touch the screen, doesn't matter if it's in a sms writing or menu. No touch sound, you know that "click" sound. Can some one give me a piece of advice there? :)

MulQvisti

Aug 11, 2012
ivendor's cm9 b1 google now fc

Hi! I tried to install Google Now to ivendor's cm9 b1, but it always force closes. It did first let me go through the tutorial and then fc. After that the fc comes immediately after the white background of the Google Now. It did work on Arco's cm9 alpha 5 and I did everything like before...
I followed this guide: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/google-now-with-voice-search-finally-working-on-ics/
And installed this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29627625&postcount=2425

Should I go back to Arco's? I really and I mean REALLY liked the Google Now.

EDIT: The sweet feeling of success. :D Got it working with this tut: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29634044&postcount=2436

Last edited:

iamXD

Aug 6, 2012
Offcourse we r getting JB !!

is there any chance in future to get jelly bean on our galaxy s plus? just the chance would be enough for me :)

our fantastic developors are already working on it . . the have built the nightly versions already . . . i think once CM9 (ICS) is perfected . . . JB is next . . .

herath

Apr 13, 2011
ivendor CM9 battery charging issue

Hi all,
I installed the CM9 by ivendor. There is a little problem with charging the phone with power off. It is not working. The battery is displayed for a while with loading circle and then nothing. I tried to adb to the phone after that but there was no connection or devices connected.

Now I am back with the Gingerbread ROM which is a stock (little modified by me by removing bloatware) one and I can connect to the device over adb and checked the dmesg log. It is charging.
I am posting this here since I can not post in development forums. I hope that this might help some developer or someone.
Thanks

iamXD

Aug 6, 2012
ivendor beta 9 problems

i get a DOUBLE clicking sound on taking any pic and camera Fcs after 4 pics

any1 else with same problems ??

any fix for the FC ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you ever think about change the i9001? Its old decice, there are a lot better phones on the market with great dev section and better development sources. Why you guys still have i9001 and after 2 years u decided to make a dev team when propably a lot of you would Like to change theri phones?

Tapatapatap i9001

Not everyone gets a new phone every 2 years. I keep it till it breaks.

Hi,
    soon the new team will release the CM10.1 ROM...

Here the link to the donations

thanks for your support...

DevConThread.png
    Hey guys, i like the idea of forming a developer group but i'm just asking what the big projects and what the advantages will be...

Hello trapjul, thanks for your question.

Currently we are working hard on the 3.4 Kernel and fixing the last bugs on CM10.1. Other Projects are in planning and we will inform you guys as soon as we have something to present you.
    Also we try to develop as unite. All important commits will be placed on 1 git to help other people to keep overview of the whole stuff. No more triple sync of repos or similar stuff needed.
    End users like you take profit of this too. In case any of our devs have no time, a other one can release a build or add patches to the git.

[/COLOR]
    Here's a question: as you are a team and you have a separate account, will you rebrand your work and post kernels, ROMs under this account? And is it going to be just cm or any other either original or ported ROMs?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Hello jokubas,

The CM10.1 will be released as TEAM build with stockkernel. There will still be custom kernels like CastagnaIT, Phenom or K^Kernel.

will our phone i9001 and galaxy w receive official support by cyanogenmod?

Hello cezaralboiu,

No. Never.

Regards
    AriesVE_DevCon
    Please Keep All non-Development Questions & Answer within this topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

All previous Q&A are located here Galaxy S Plus I9001 Q&A archive

Thank you
    -- A.G.
    Hi,
    soon the new team will release the CM10.1 ROM...

Here the link to the donations

thanks for your support...

DevConThread.png

Hi,
    I'm one of the member of the Dev Connection Team

Up today we are 6 members; in alphabetic order:

CastagnaIT (dev)
    Christopher83 (dev)
    Educk (dev)
    Ivendor (dev)
    smeroni68 (tester)
    Xellar (tester)