ICS 4.0.3 OTA halted by Google

Search This thread

91franz

Feb 27, 2011
google stopped the ota

i just wanted to have a confirm of what i 've read in a italian forum.. it seems that google decided to stop the ota because of an excessive usage of the cpu and a battery bug in the ics for nexus s.. is it real??

stevencpoynter

Sep 19, 2010
Yes due to high CPU usage and battery drain. Hopefully the CPU usage is contributing to the poor app drawer performance. If not then hopefully it is on the list. The app drawer on my S is TERRIBLE compared to friend's Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

91franz

Feb 27, 2011
Ok so probably they will release another ota i hope.. the battery goes down in 9 hours:(

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
Nice can look forward to me rom
Don't understand why they didn't notice in first place

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

stevencpoynter

Sep 19, 2010
They were probably under pressure to keep their promise to release a from within weeks of the GN release. Hell idk

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I have a ns4g and for those that received the ics update on the ns, Google will fix it. I'm sure within a week(s) because they are admitting fault and pulling it so more people aren't disappointed. I on the other hand have an extended battery and would gladly take that ics update lol

juliano_q

Dec 20, 2010
São Paulo
I dont think this is happening to everyone, I am using 4.0.3 and cpu usage is low and battery is great. Same with 2 friends that installed it. Maybe something related to specific networks or sinals.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Sad to see Google break because of a deadline.. There is no possible way anyone involved in the development and testing of ICS on the Nexus S line didn't notice the problems with it on this phone. This is something I'd expect out of Samsung.. It's ok though, thanks to devs my phone is finally stable enough..

Fylk

Dec 11, 2006
No wonder the i9020a hasn't seen the update yet. I hope they can resolve this bug quickly. Like before Christmas.

SamuelDebruyn

Apr 26, 2011
sa.muel.be
I'm having this problem. The phone stays awake while I don't use it. And when I check the stats Android OS' is eating most of my battery and keeps the phone from sleeping. I have stock ICS with stock kernel.

AGStumps8807

Oct 29, 2010
There hasn't been one (EDIT: that I've seen). The updates are still live on Google's servers, so until there is official word or the update is pulled, there is no reason to assume the OTA is ending.

Last edited:

ivlis

Jul 4, 2010
Very strange, 4.0.3 is much better for me than 2.3. What we can expect?

sDMoE.jpg

This is my battery usage today, it is quite nice, note that there is no drain during inactivity.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will take a few builds for Google to get all the bugs ironed out. Same happened with the Nexus One and GB.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Another key thing that may give credibility to the story is all the corrupted radios/bootloaders that have happened on the 9020t and 9023.

In fact i'm gonna be helping someone restore their radio sometime today.
    Battery drain?! I've had nothing but terrific battery life on my NS. Normal usage and over 1day 6 hours without charging (30 hours).
    did u update via OTA...? if not which rom u downloaded . There was two roms from google 128MB and 164MB...

128 mb is the size of the update, coming from 2.3.6 (it just update files of the 2.3.6)
    164 mb is the entire ICS ROM, flashing directly from any version you want.
    So did the OTA halted worldwide or just regions with issues?

Plenty of T-Mobile users in the US are still getting the update today. So it is apparently by region (or perhaps carrier) that they are halting the release. My guess is it has little to do with battery issues but signal issues and wifi issues.