[OFFICIAL] Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for unlocked 2011 Xperia smartphones

Search This thread

keroro84

Sep 18, 2011
Question here.....

i unlock my phone using the SE way, fastboot wit KEY

and i success to make my phone bcome ice cream sandwich beta ... but now having problem ... how to make it back ? >_<

im new to root....

~iPod~nano~

Sep 16, 2011
Jakarta
Anyone have tested, I want to asked a question
Is there any clearbass and/or clear stereo? Like xperia S

How about sound quality, increased or same with GB?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

p00rcakemix

Jan 12, 2012
Guys, I don't understand how to install it. Please help.

We just unlock and then what? We don't need to install clowckworkmod or anything like that? I'm completely stock.

Sent from my LT18a using XDA App

Zeph_Ng

Dec 17, 2010
No clear bass, surround effects and custom equalizer on the music player

Very smooth for the most part, but a few rough edges here and there

Chrome Beta does not recognize the OS version as ICS though, doesn't work with my LT18i :<

lastword112

May 25, 2011
Bangalore
No clear bass, surround effects and custom equalizer on the music player

Very smooth for the most part, but a few rough edges here and there

Chrome Beta does not recognize the OS version as ICS though, doesn't work with my LT18i :<

Back up your build.prop, and find the line for ro.build.id and change the value to IML74K. Reboot.

OR

http://db.tt/C7J86ZQH

This one works just don't update it or it will not work anymore .

Enjoy

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeph_Ng

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Is ICS usuable as a daily driver or should users who want a fully working device better wait?
Can't decide if I should flash or not :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

pecholino

Aug 27, 2010
Koper
Is ICS usuable as a daily driver or should users who want a fully working device better wait?
Can't decide if I should flash or not :D

well the rom is in fact a bit laggy, but personally i can live with it.
i am running the stock beta with wifi modules and gapps addon with stock kernel (haven't try the arconium rom and doomlords kernel yet)

for now i am satisfied the way it is. all i know is that i am not going back to gingerbread for sure:) i got used to the new ui, plus i got DOUBLE battery life (with gps + data + wifi always on)

Last edited:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Yeah, tried it yesterday ans went back go Arconium 7.1 after 30 mins.
ICS was too slow and laggy without any stuff on it (clean install).
Arconium 7.1 rans faster with all the stuff...

Had my play with ICS, waiting for final ROM now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1/2 Some sample screenshots taken on my LT18a. (Taken with No-Root Screenshot. This ROM has NOT been rooted as far as I know.)

Also available for download/viewing in original size here: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/jptn/sets/72157629441693667/show/
    Source: Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for unlocked 2011 Xperia™ smartphone models
    Official thread by Kalle: [ROM] Official Sony Xperia ICS Beta ROM for arc S, ray, neo V

As a follow-up to the previous alpha, Sony has released the official beta of the upcoming ICS update for 2011 Xperia models. Unfortunately, this beta is currently only available for Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray and they must be already running the latest firmware (4.0.2.A.0.42).

What's new?
    • Updated UI – We hope you will be happy to see that we have added a number of UI elements from ICS, as well as some new UI features already introduced in the Xperia™ S we announced in January.
    • Lockscreen and Face Unlock – We have added a shortcut to the camera directly from the lockscreen. Also, when you’re listening to music you can control the music player without unlocking the phone by using the music control icons on the lockscreen. In the coming final ICS upgrade, we will also include the face unlock app from Google for all phones that has a front-facing camera. The Face Unlock feature uses the front-facing camera in combination with advanced object recognition algorithms to provide a new way to unlock the phone. However, since Face Unlock is a Google Mobile Services (GMS) app, it is not included in this ICS beta ROM.
    • Connectivity turned on – Since we published the ICS alpha ROM, the GSM modem and FM radio have passed the certification and type approval, and they are therefore turned on in this ICS beta release.
    • Updated email client – The UI has been updated, and simplified email management has been added.
    • Quick dial – We have added a quick and easy way for you to make phone calls. See how it works in the ICS beta ROM demo video.
    Please note that the Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps (for example Gmail, Google Maps and Face Unlock), Bluetooth™ and Wi-Fi™ are not included in the beta release due to that they are still waiting for the certification and type approval to be finalised.

Let's hope someone who is skilled out there to make it available for arc users. Also, I thought we were going to get the UXP NXT interface, but it seems like we don't. :p

What do you guys think?
    2/2 More screenshots... (Taken with No-Root Screenshot. This ROM has NOT been rooted as far as I know.)

Also available for download in original size here: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/jptn/sets/72157629441693667/show/
    here are some of my shots from my arc (not S although the model says lt18)...
    got everything working and is rooted... downgraded baseband to 32... also installed the cosmicflow live wallie to complete the xperia s experience :p boot time takes around 30 secs for me...