[UNOFFICIAL][4.1.1][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 10

Search This thread

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
1. GPS
2. Camera
3. HD Youtube
4. BT

That's all that's left. Can't wait to get this ROM on my TF300...once the above is working its golden :)

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
1. GPS
2. Camera
3. HD Youtube
4. BT

That's all that's left. Can't wait to get this ROM on my TF300...once the above is working its golden :)

So since I can't seem to get a hold of logan to give him the information for anyone wanting some HW video (which means HD youtube as well), some bluetooth love and some non-stock camera love (meaning get a camera app from the market), then you might want to download http://tinyw.in/ddSA. Credits to Arcee and the CM team for fixing the HW video and camera issue.

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
So since I can't seem to get a hold of logan to give him the information for anyone wanting some HW video (which means HD youtube as well), some bluetooth love and some non-stock camera love (meaning get a camera app from the market), then you might want to download http://tinyw.in/ddSA. Credits to Arcee and the CM team for fixing the HW video and camera issue.

so im a little confused on the leech and logan rom(s) - so you two are collaborating and helping each other out on fixes - but actually two different builds (though roughly the same) ? and not a developer team, with one common rom?

dont get me wrong - i love that youre both doing wonders for the tablet - just hate that in order to try one rom, i have to back up the other, and flash one, and vice versa to try out another - would it not be a little more beneficial (for you two as well) to consolidate into a team to make one ultra release, versus two kickass releases? :good:

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
Like he says, he can't get a hold of Logan right now. I definitely see what you're saying, but I don't see a problem with each of them building his own ROM. They each have to test out their own fixes anyway, so the ROM is built. Why not just release it if it works?

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Like he says, he can't get a hold of Logan right now. I definitely see what you're saying, but I don't see a problem with each of them building his own ROM. They each have to test out their own fixes anyway, so the ROM is built. Why not just release it if it works?

never said there was a problem if they make separate roms - none at all

i just know that some developer teams all have access to the rom , and can freely edit it if one is away or cant get in touch with, or what have you

the only problem that this creates for us - is that (and i think this is true here) is that we cannot just flash leech's build over logan's build..... i wouldnt unless one of them confirms that the builds are ok to do that with.

that said - i am not and was not complaining , if thats how it comes out

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
never said there was a problem if they make separate roms - none at all

i just know that some developer teams all have access to the rom , and can freely edit it if one is away or cant get in touch with, or what have you

the only problem that this creates for us - is that (and i think this is true here) is that we cannot just flash leech's build over logan's build..... i wouldnt unless one of them confirms that the builds are ok to do that with.

that said - i am not and was not complaining , if thats how it comes out

You can flash our ROM's over each other. We are basing on the same code. We are working together and collaborating on fixes but in our own separate environments. I have no intention of continuing to build for CM10 but since I had the fixes done I figured I'd release them. Once I get in contact with logan we will merge changes and he will release another unofficial cm10 in this thread.

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
You can flash our ROM's over each other. We are basing on the same code. We are working together and collaborating on fixes but in our own separate environments. I have no intention of continuing to build for CM10 but since I had the fixes done I figured I'd release them. Once I get in contact with logan we will merge changes and he will release another unofficial cm10 in this thread.

awesome information then... thanks bud!

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Just wanted to comment that whatever changed to create a /storage folder that encapsulated both internal and external selection to one folder is awesome

I hate having to find /removable and /sdcard. It always confused me hah

Sent from XDA app

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
Just wanted to comment that whatever changed to create a /storage folder that encapsulated both internal and external selection to one folder is awesome

I hate having to find /removable and /sdcard. It always confused me hah

Sent from XDA app

The the new "jellybean" way of doing things. I just changed everything over to use their new format.

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
Cool. How does that work with duplicate folders/files? On my GS3, I put my ROMs and stuff on my external card because TWRP couldn't flash from the internal storage. I then flashed CWM for other reasons, and it could flash from internal storage but not external, so I duplicated all the ROMs and stuff to make switching recoveries easier. I'm just wondering, with the new JB method, would I see two of each file or folder or just one?

Sorry this isn't about the TF300, but I think it's general enough that it could help regardless of device.

loganmc10

Feb 3, 2011
Just posted Round 7, has HW video working (Netflix, HD YouTube), and bluetooth should be okay (my bluetooth keyboard works)

LEFT TO FIX:
GPS
Camera (Apparently 3rd-party camera app's work)
Dock support will come through regular CM work, nothing I can/will do for the device other than turn on support when it's available

Paschalis

Mar 25, 2009
Just posted Round 7, has HW video working (Netflix, HD YouTube), and bluetooth should be okay (my bluetooth keyboard works)

LEFT TO FIX:
GPS
Camera (Apparently 3rd-party camera app's work)
Dock support will come through regular CM work, nothing I can/will do for the device other than turn on support when it's available

W/ Dock support we ll have drivers for usb sticks, mouse, etc?

Why dont you make your build official?
Or cooperate with the official guy?
:cool:

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

loganmc10

Feb 3, 2011
W/ Dock support we ll have drivers for usb sticks, mouse, etc?

Why dont you make your build official?
Or cooperate with the official guy?
:cool:

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

I don't own a dock so I don't really know what works or doesn't unfortunately. There are no official CM10 builds at the moment, all official builds come from get.cm. The CM dev for this device mostly works on Samsung devices. Once we get the camera working I'll work on merging/committing all the patches into the official CM branch.
Having said that, I haven't made a single change to the CM code, only code for the TF300T, so this build is identical to what you'd get with an official nightly, if they existed.

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: moisaal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a solutions to any problems, please go here:
    https://github.com/loganmc10/android_device_asus_tf300t

And submit an Issue or a Pull Request, that'd be greatly appreciated, lets get this working!

Link here:
    http://goo.im/devs/loganmc10

Gapps:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

CREDITS:
    termleech - collaborating/helping with me on wifi and other issues
    AndroidRoot - For their work on the TF201 and TF101 (made this possible)
    xplodwild - CM Dev for the TF300T

Not Working:
    GPS (Not working on the entire Transformer line)

Big thanks to Goo.im for the hosting and the build server!
    Well, as per this change:
    http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/21589/

Official CM10 will be coming to get.cm :)
    Ok I just posted 11.1 which should fix the CPU Settings not working properly (you should be able to set Performance/Power Save mode now).

On another note, according to this:
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-9-stable

CM10 nightlies should be up and running soon-ish, they said: "A follow-up post will be made when we enable those builds."

This device tree is pretty stable now, other than GPS it's pretty close to as-good-as-it-gets using ICS proprietary blobs.

I've contacted xplodwild about becoming a device maintainer for this device, he's pretty busy with Samsung devices, so hopefully that gets approved. If it does I'll merge everything into the official CyanogenMod repos and this device should be among the CM10 nightlies when they start rolling.
    Just so everyone is clear, the official CM build and this are identical. CM just synced all my repos so there will be no difference, that being said, I'll be taking down my build server, you can now get CM from get.cm

Once asus posts there JB rom and kernel on support.asus.com I'll work on integrating those changes into CM, which should fix GPS (and probably some other minor stuff)

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
    Just posted Round 12. Not much changed. I copied the kernel config straight from the TF300T Stock ROM kernel. Other than that it just has changes from the general CyanogenMod code base for the past few days.