[Widget][4.3+][V2.0] Hangouts Widget

Search This thread

RSenG2x

Jun 3, 2012
Seattle, WA
www.RSenApps.com
this looks great. I am on 4.2.2 on an HTC One X, is there any way to get this onto 4.2 at all?

Given it's just reading notifications to get the info? (or is that the limitation there)

Awesome work :) Hope google is copying it for their own widget ;)

Yes unfortunately, the limitation is that reading notifications is limited to just 4.3, but I am working on a general SMS version, which won't be able to read hangouts messages, but should work for many more Android versions...

May 19, 2012
Can you make an addon that integrates sms and hangouts messaging in a single thread?

Also, if I try to text someone who has their phone number linked to google, it would send it via hangouts first (if they are online), otherwise, it would send it as a text message?

Can this be done? :p

Last edited:

davboc

Jul 24, 2013
Italy
I don't know if this is the right topic for ask this, but there is a way to send a video file with hangout?

merhans

Mar 22, 2012
Wrong topic, don't belong to the widget and no, you can't send videos only pics and gifs

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: RSenG2x

higgins77

Jun 30, 2014
I tried this widget over the Hangouts stock one for the sole reason, i cannot make the stock one transparent/dark and so it sort of shines white on my dark screen, which i dont like. This is obviously solved in Hangouts widet app.

The problem I have however with this widget is that its just a screen and doest not link directly to conversations or opening of the conversations. Moreover if a hangout is discarded, it would still be shown on the widgets screen.

Is there any way to either: 1)change color/transparency of the oficial hangout widget or 2) make this hangouts widget app "active" so that after click you would go directly to the specific hangout and not just open hangouts app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Hangouts Widget completes Android's most popular messaging app" - XDA
    "Dead simple and free, what more could you ask for?- LifeHacker
    Also featured on Android Community, Talk Android, IntoMobile, Android Headlines, and Droid Life!

Fast, Simple, Elegant

A homescreen widget to show messages (or SMS) received in Google Hangouts

Fully resizable and shows your messages at a glance.

Because of limitations to the Android system, only new Hangouts will be shown

You must first install Google Hangouts! :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.Widget.Hangouts
    [QRCODE]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.Widget.Hangouts[/QRCODE]

2.0:
    - Lock Screen Widget
    - Redesign with transparency and new icon
    - Configure transparency for each widget
    - New Dark Mode
    - bugfixes

If the widget stops working after the update, please readd it. I am aware of an issue where the widget may lose recent conversations, this has been fixed for future updates...
    Version 2.0 Released!

2.0:
    - Lock Screen Widget
    - Redesign with transparency and new icon
    - Configure transparency for each widget
    - New Dark Mode
    - bugfixes

If the widget stops working after the update, please readd it. I am aware of an issue where the widget may lose recent conversations, this has been fixed for future updates...
    I just wanted to say thanks for all your work on this app! :good:

I read a bunch of people's reviews on the Play Store saying it doesn't work (because they obviously didn't read the description and don't know that new notifications must arrive before any Hangouts will display).

Maybe there could be a pop-up, or a fake hangout message in the app to explain this the first time it runs until it starts populating? This could possibly eliminate all of these 1 star reviews by people who can't read hahahaha.
    Sweet pm on the way!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome! Added to the OP. In the next version, I'll hopefully allow users to control transparency and tint color...
    Can you add an option to have shortcut to specific people in addition to widget?

Thanks,
    G

Maybe... I'll look into it.

Widget doesn't seem to load current conversations already open in hangouts.

Yes this is a system limitation. As there is no Hangouts api, I have to get the conversations via the notifications.

I love the usefulness of this, but would love to have it available for the lockscreen. Hopefully this is something planned for an update.

Sure is :)

The widget is great! Would have preferred the usual hangouts icon though...

Is this something that is okay to do? I don't want to get removed from the play store because of something silly like this... In a future version I am going to allow for different icons though...

Made a black/tinted version but want permission first before I share with everyone. Would that be cool OP?

3yje4u4a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Absolutely! Thanks for that, if you wanted to also send it to me, that would be great. I'm working on allowing more customization and one of my ideas was to allow users to choose different tints...