[Q] Build.prop causing the 4.4.3 update to fail

Search This thread

artmunkie

Oct 19, 2012
West Palm Beach
I have a One GPE converted from the T-Mobile version. It works perfectly and I was able to install the previous 4.4.2 update without any issues. However, now when I try to install the 4.4.3 update it aborts with the message below.

Verifying current system...
"system/build.prop" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.

I don’t recall editing the build.prop file and I don’t have a backup. I’ve tried flashing the update in both TWRP and the stock recovery but it fails either way.

Any ideas about what I can do?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I have a One GPE converted from the T-Mobile version. It works perfectly and I was able to install the previous 4.4.2 update without any issues. However, now when I try to install the 4.4.3 update it aborts with the message below.

Installation aborted.

I don’t recall editing the build.prop file and I don’t have a backup. I’ve tried flashing the update in both TWRP and the stock recovery but it fails either way.

You could restore build.prop from the previous ota.zip or ruu your phone and take all ota to the latest version

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: artmunkie

artmunkie

Oct 19, 2012
West Palm Beach
You could restore build.prop from the previous ota.zip or ruu your phone and take all ota to the latest version

I tried pulling the build.prop file from the 4.4.2 update but all I found was a build.prop.p file, which I can't seem to open properly on my mac. I only get a few lines of garbled text. As for your ruu suggestion, sorry, I'm a little fuzzy did you mean to flash the 4.4.3 ruu or re-flash the 4.4.2 ruu? Thanks!

oldarney

Jun 12, 2010
Android
I have the exact same issue on my nexus 5... I wonder who's responsible, maybe they have a backup file. I used NOMone Resolution Changer, you?

Edit: found it in open build prop website. Unfortunately your phone is not there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Installation aborted.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app