Memory upgrade on HTC 7 PRO

Search This thread

truncksz

Oct 6, 2012
I don't think so because WP crypts card so its a useless after its have been removed from your phone. You have to install all apps and move your music back to new memory card.

I have looked over the internet but there is no way to "unlock" that memory card. Its sad because 8 GB micro-SD is good size example for digital camera.

maybe in future... :)

the main problem for me is that with hard reset i will lost all sms and app data. I can't restore any previous backup from zune too, because it will recognize something were changed in the phone from last time. No solution ?

true2you

Dec 21, 2007
brussels
Hey guys. Wow I haven't been over xda for more than a year. Lol still feels like home.

So if anyone could advise me, i't would be great. I've been running a 32gig sandisk class 4 (Sandisk SDSDQM-032G-B35) on my phone, but since then, my youtube streamings have been awfully choppy, and my loading times are terrible, and it's only recently that i've found that it may be related to this card.

So my questions are
- do you guys think it's worth switching with some other card (like the samsung class 10 which seems to work for some of you)

you can see the attached wp bench screenshot made after a restart (i guess the memory speeds are pretty bad because of this card - i get between 0,5 and 2,5 for storage, but most of the time around 1MB/s
[/YOUTUBE]).
I have18,48 gigs of used memory (10 gigs of unkown fillings - apps, navigon... the rest being filled with the usual pics, videos and music) and 11,03 gigs free over a total of 29,51 gigs.

-is it true that sdxc 64 are working with the 7 pro???????????? If so, are there any memory speed issues? But seriously, does it reeeely work, like, i mean, ... wooow.

EDIT -- ANYONE?

i guess a sdxc card could be a sweet alternative to those unappealing wp8 phones, and would be a good reason to replace the damaged body of the phone for 100€ instead of getting a 920lumia for 650€.

Attachments

• WPBench20121108052456.jpg
    WPBench20121108052456.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Indianer

Nov 21, 2008
Hello true2you,

My SDXC Card is running very fast. But sometimes there are hanging and rebooting, but i can live with this because this dosn't happen very often.
I had such Problems too with the SDXC in my HD2, but there i could fix it by formatting the Card with 64k Clusters. But i don't know if this Trick is working with the HTC 7 Pro.

Reactions: true2you

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Backup and restore:
Use FULL unlock ROM or Root Tools. Install Ultrashot WMDC and WP7 Backup (desktop app and WM6 drivers needed). It saves your messages, addressbook and applications data, restores it all to hardreseted device (applications will reinstalled from market automatically, only their's isolated storages are necessary to backup and restore).
______

Try my HTC7Pro Commander - still beta, full hardware keyboard support will released on Christmas probably. Unlock needed.

Last edited:

djmikebrady

Jul 8, 2012
Fircrest, WA
Hello true2you,

My SDXC Card is running very fast. But sometimes there are hanging and rebooting, but i can live with this because this dosn't happen very often.
I had such Problems too with the SDXC in my HD2, but there i could fix it by formatting the Card with 64k Clusters. But i don't know if this Trick is working with the HTC 7 Pro.

This is great news! After installing the 7.8 Sianto Edition over the weekend, I feel like my Arrive is a brand new phone... but one of the keys to keeping it useful for another year or more is going to be more storage. Time to update my Christmas list! :laugh:

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Transcend 32GB class 10 confirmation

Transcend micro SDHC 32GB class 10 Ultimate 233x works (preliminary) fine on my HTC7Pro after a couple of hardresets (must be did by Volume up + Volume down in time of device starting). Zune backup is used to restore by Zune normally without any error message, but no data are restored, phone seems as after hard reset also after restoring. This is not important for me, I want to flash newest Dynamics ROM and have external backup, but for everybody: Do not forget to use Ultrashot's WPBackup instead Zune one before card changing. Plomb on screw is carefully preparable by thin sharp screwdriver and able to be glued back. Wait for definitive confirmation, I will report class 10 behawiour after any working days.

HTC7ProTranscend32GBclass10.gif

BenchHTC7ProTranscend32GBclass10.gif

One day later:

For now I'm excited. Full \Windows directory (more then 9000 items!) is loaded to Phone Commander less than two seconds. The same operation lasted cca seven seconds on original SD card. On Dynamics 2.0 ROM with the newest 8860+8862 Zune actualisations (big thanks to Ultrashot, HD2Owner and others for autoupdatable fully unlocked ROM) is my HTC7Pro subjective more than fast.

Two months later:

Memory works well. Not much quickly, but better then original. I have got another problem: My 3G ang GPS connectivity is very bad now. I damaged any contacts probably. One screw stayed on the table after replacing the card and I do not know where he belonged, this is the cause probably.

Last edited:

splferon

Dec 23, 2004
SDXC 64gb/128gb for my HTC 7 Pro

Hello true2you,

Hi Indianer (and any other HTC 7 pro users with upgraded SDXC memory),

I bought a second hand HTC 7 pro, then upgraded it to WP7.8. I haven't changed the micro SD card yet, so all it's got is its original 8gb.
From your post, Indianer, your 64go works well (despite some rare hangings and rebooting). Can you tell be the exact specs of your SDXC micro-card?

Has anyone tried any higher capacity memory card with the phone? If so, how well does it work?

Cheers

Last edited:

Indianer

Nov 21, 2008
Can you tell be the exact specs of your SDXC micro-card?
Sorry, all i can say it is one of the first Sandisk SDXC Class 10 Cards that came out. My first 64gb Sandisk Card was Class 6, this is working in my HD2.
I have also other interesting News: For my second HD2 i bought a 64 GB Samsung MicroSD.
This Card is awesome fast in the HD2, in Parts it's nearby the double Speed of the Sandisk! Measured by the SD-Benchmark of Pocket Mechanic
But i don't know if this Card will work in the 7 Pro. So if anybody want to try this?
I heard that the 32 GB Samsung Cards are working very good too, so i think the 64 GB will do it.

kbcarroll

Oct 20, 2009
Nashville, TN
I've dug and dug online for an answer to this all day and I am at my wit's end:

Asking here because I figure other people might want to re-use a card that was in their Arrive/7 Pro.

I have 4 HTC Arrive's here. 2 of them are completely dead and useless. I yanked the 16gb SD cards from them, because they can come in very useful in other areas (cameras, gopro, other phones). My computers or any of my android phones can't access the cards.

I know it's been mentioned that WP7 "crypts" the cards or something, but there's got to be a way to undo this and make them useful again.

Only my Surface RT can even see the cards, but it can't format them in any way (gives Access Denied errors)

Anyone have any idea?

Indianer

Nov 21, 2008
Only my Surface RT can even see the cards, but it can't format them in any way (gives Access Denied errors)

Anyone have any idea?

All i can say is that Nokia Symbian Phones can reformat the crypted cards. But i don't know details or the exact Nokia models that can do this.
Try google to find more about this.

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those, who are interested where the microSC card of HTC 7 is hidden...I provide some pictures and a short description

how to do the memory upgrade on HTC 7 PRO

1. remove the battery cover, take out the battery and sim card
    2. dismount the four cross-head screw
    3. dismounnt the non-standard big screw on the lower left side
    4. at this point there are no screws on the rear cover part so I have just removed it with the help of my fingers while the keyboard was opened
    5.after removing the rear cover part you will see in the upper part the sim card slot, on the other side of the slot the microSD card is hidden. Slot is slightly sticked to the middle part of the cover - picture 1+2

On the left side there is a flex so it can be removed from the right to the left together with flashlight. After removing it (but carefully) you will se the sealed microSD card 8GB Sandisc class 4 - picture 4+2

I have replaced it with the card Sandisk 32GB class 2! 32GB Class 4 cards are not compatible.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

For czech users is manual here : http://smartmania.mobilmania.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=23398
    i done it!!!!!!

- format microSD card with utility called Panasonic SDformatter v2.0.0.3 (when formated card in windows, card not be recognized by HTC 7 Pro but with Panasonic utility, card working)...
    - after inserting card, pressed Vol up and down + power, get instruction for hard reset and after that my card working!!!!

also with Panasonic SDformatter restore microSD from HTC to full capacity
    Successfully Installed Sandisk 32GB Class 4

Some Tips

1: For odd shaped screw: Use a flat blade screwdriver, going in at 45-60 degrees to Phone in one of the arms of the "T". Hold the Screw Driver and spin the phone underneath it to undo the screw.

2: All installed Apps are listed in Desktop Zune at Settings>Account>Purchase History.

Good luck and Thanks to uiqjirka for the Thread.
    Thanks!

I just ordered a Class 10 32GB card from NewEgg for my HTC Arrive!

Alex

Alex,

Can you write on this thread whether it has worked or not as I'm looking to buy a Lexar Class 10 32gb MicroSD.

Thx :)
    you can remove this screw with classic screwdriver but you must be very careful...

for buy just search in eBay for "Mini T3 T-3 Torx 3 Head Screwdriver" or "30in1 ScrewDriver Tool Trox T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T10 T15"