[ROM] [N1] Evervolv Kitkat 4.4

Search This thread

texasice

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2009
Austin
Presenting Google's latest treat. Android 4.4 Kitkat.

What is Evervolv?
We are an AOSP port aimed at Snapdragon powered devices.

Our rom includes all the basics:
  • Extended PowerMenu
  • Battery %,
  • Volume button music control.
  • Trackball Wake
  • Theme manager

Unique additions include:
  • sixbar signal strength
  • lockscreen dialpad, and a few lockscreen mods
  • However our biggest feature is the ability to turn all that off with one switch in the toolbox, giving you 100% aosp look and feel.
  • We also do eng builds (instead of userdebug like everyone else) providing more open experience (ie adb root by default) and full complement of commandline tools (busybox, vim, ssh, curl/wet with ssl support!)
  • Our newest addition is a custom updater written from scratch by Preludedrew and myself, featuring automatic update checks, support for downloading gapps, and advanced automatic install (TWRP and CWM supported but TWRP prefered)

Notes:
  • Superuser is in the toolbox.
  • Some display issues.
  • wifi hotspot (tether) is broke
  • 4.2/3 issues carry over:
    • data (3g) might be unstable
    • no camcorder
    • no usb tether
  • Everything else should be fine.

Gapps:

STOP!! NOT FOR STOCK HBOOT
Q: What is blackrose? A: DON'T download if you don't know http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589

About space constraints. Kitkat is the biggest android to date. To save space the following apps have been removed from the system img.
  • VideoEditor
  • Calendar (can download GoogleCalendar from Market)
  • Email/Exchange (use gmail or flash attached zip to add them back.)
  • QuickSearch (replaced by GoogleSearch in gapps anyway)
  • Only including newest sounds package (Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms)
  • No bootanimation

If demand is high enough i am open to adding Calendar back in. VideoEditor is out for good its just way too big. I have attached a flashable zip containing Email/Exchange if you need it, at 6mb they are also too big to put back in by default.
If you have other ideas of things to remove, feel free to comment. Obviously any evervolv apps are not going to be removed so don't even ask.

Download:

Screens:

Extra info:

Attachments

• Email-Exchange-kk44-2013-11-26-signed.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 5,027
  • Email-Exchange-kk441-2013-12-07-signed.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 3,747
Last edited:

elequent

Aug 19, 2008
WOW.... That is just amazing... I was thinking about that this morning... Haha! Well Done. Thanks very much. Will have a try now.

Reactions: Glex01

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
Does not appear to be working with ART (I get a bootloop) This is on a 250/10 system partition, do I need larger for ART? This is both with and without gapps.

Still, awesome work!

texasice

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2009
Austin
Does not appear to be working with ART (I get a bootloop) This is on a 250/10 system partition, do I need larger for ART? This is both with and without gapps.

Still, awesome work!

I believe ART only works with odexd (user) builds

EDIT: I tried a user build. ART is broken on that as well.

Last edited:

warenix

Feb 9, 2010
Just flashed the ev_passion-4.0.0p1-perdo-squished.zip and can't believe how smooth it is. Very good job!

One major problem I find is that I cannot screen capture using ddms and there's is no "preview" on "recent" (long press home button). So I wonder if it is due to the display driver isn't quite fit to this ROM.

Here's logcat when I tried to take screenshot using ddms:
Code:
11-24 15:43:03.219: E/libgenlock(125): perform_lock_unlock_operation: GENLOCK_IOC_DREADLOCK failed (lockType0x1,err=Not a typewriter fd=80)
11-24 15:43:03.219: E/gralloc(125): gralloc_lock: genlock_lock_buffer (lockType=0x2) failed
11-24 15:43:03.219: W/GraphicBufferMapper(125): lock(...) failed -22 (Invalid argument)
11-24 15:43:05.751: D/dalvikvm(672): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 483K, 57% free 3494K/7988K, paused 34ms, total 40ms
11-24 15:43:05.852: E/libgenlock(125): perform_lock_unlock_operation: GENLOCK_IOC_DREADLOCK failed (lockType0x1,err=Not a typewriter fd=80)
11-24 15:43:05.852: E/gralloc(125): gralloc_lock: genlock_lock_buffer (lockType=0x2) failed
11-24 15:43:05.852: W/GraphicBufferMapper(125): lock(...) failed -22 (Invalid argument)

Last edited:

fancyfree

Nov 27, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Here we go

snap20131125_224519.png
snap20131125_224542.png
snap20131125_224558.png
snap20131125_224639.png
snap20131125_224741.png
snap20131125_224803.png
snap20131125_224816.png
snap20131125_224836.png
snap20131125_224851.png
snap20131125_224913.png
snap20131125_224928.png
snap20131125_225004.png
snap20131125_225033.png
snap20131125_225058.png
snap20131125_225116.png

Last edited:

metheos

Mar 5, 2013
Great stuff here! Looks like Google Maps is acting right as well.
For some reason my notification bar stopped working though, no notifications are coming through and I can't get it to show the settings panel. Also the home key doesn't seem to do anything.
Other than that, so far so good!

katochwa

May 12, 2008
i play this rom about 12 hrs, this only no work is : hotspot(even in open), screen caption, camcorder.

others just perfect, this is the best rom ever.

the six bar signal change to 5 bar are work perfect

long press home key go to "recent app"

metheos

Mar 5, 2013
Great stuff here! Looks like Google Maps is acting right as well.
For some reason my notification bar stopped working though, no notifications are coming through and I can't get it to show the settings panel. Also the home key doesn't seem to do anything.
Other than that, so far so good!

I think the problems I was having were caused when I installed gapps and somehow the phone got partially stuck in the setup mode where those functions are disabled. I reformatted and tried again (making sure to install gapps before booting) and everything seems fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting Google's latest treat. Android 4.4 Kitkat.

What is Evervolv?
    We are an AOSP port aimed at Snapdragon powered devices.

Our rom includes all the basics:
    • Extended PowerMenu
    • Battery %,
    • Volume button music control.
    • Trackball Wake
    • Theme manager

Unique additions include:
    • sixbar signal strength
    • lockscreen dialpad, and a few lockscreen mods
    • However our biggest feature is the ability to turn all that off with one switch in the toolbox, giving you 100% aosp look and feel.
    • We also do eng builds (instead of userdebug like everyone else) providing more open experience (ie adb root by default) and full complement of commandline tools (busybox, vim, ssh, curl/wet with ssl support!)
    • Our newest addition is a custom updater written from scratch by Preludedrew and myself, featuring automatic update checks, support for downloading gapps, and advanced automatic install (TWRP and CWM supported but TWRP prefered)

Notes:
    • Superuser is in the toolbox.
    • Some display issues.
    • wifi hotspot (tether) is broke
    • 4.2/3 issues carry over:
      • data (3g) might be unstable
      • no camcorder
      • no usb tether
    • Everything else should be fine.

Gapps:

STOP!! NOT FOR STOCK HBOOT
    Q: What is blackrose? A: DON'T download if you don't know http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589

About space constraints. Kitkat is the biggest android to date. To save space the following apps have been removed from the system img.
    • VideoEditor
    • Calendar (can download GoogleCalendar from Market)
    • Email/Exchange (use gmail or flash attached zip to add them back.)
    • QuickSearch (replaced by GoogleSearch in gapps anyway)
    • Only including newest sounds package (Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms)
    • No bootanimation

If demand is high enough i am open to adding Calendar back in. VideoEditor is out for good its just way too big. I have attached a flashable zip containing Email/Exchange if you need it, at 6mb they are also too big to put back in by default.
    If you have other ideas of things to remove, feel free to comment. Obviously any evervolv apps are not going to be removed so don't even ask.

Download:

Screens:

Extra info:
    p3 is up. should fix browser issues. also added a setting to enable transparent status bar: toolbox -> interface -> enable fancy ui.

http://evervolv.com/devices/passion

ps Launcher3 has no settings just ignore the button.
    pushed a new build. fixes a couple things. read notes.
    p4
    cl: merged android 4.4.1, fixed art (only tested without gapps installed)

http://evervolv.com/devices/passion

this will likely be the last incremental release. nightlies will return it a couple days now that we've got our new server

updated Email is attached to OP
    hello texasice,

this rom is almost perfect now.

we still have 3 things that is not work.

1. art
    2. camcorder
    3. wifi hostport

for fix the wifi hospot, replace this 2 file (hostapd, hostapd_cli) to system/bin
    and the wifi hospot work just fine,
    it work include wpa2, wep and open.
    i find these 2 file in the net but i forgot where i find it.

so 3 is fixed,
    and the art is bonus for kitkat.
    only left is camcorder.
    one more step to perfect rom