Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2013, 09:56 PM |#31  
Flag Livonia
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33

Awesome. I really love Ubuntu and Android.

Is it really worth trying out?
And can I get apps on it?
And, is this for both NC hardwares? I have the new one.

Sorry for all the ?'s I'm exited.
Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Do I just wipe data or format system, boot etc?

If it works for cyanogen, should work here. It's not all that useful though in regards to apps, but you can set up an ssh/proxy across adb, and that's pretty cool. But as far as a more functional build, that's for canonical to figure out.
14th May 2013, 01:34 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I'll try to make a version of Verygreen's bootable SD to be compatible with this. I'll report my progress.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mineturtle33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mineturtle33 Ad-Free
19th May 2013, 09:30 PM |#33  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
Neat, I'll see if I can figure out a composite zip from my end, and/or some solution for outstanding problems, no wireless being the big one, but I think that's Ubuntu's end.

Anyone interested in me doing a hangout flashing my device, and doing a Q&A how to build for specific devices?
The Following User Says Thank You to moocow1452 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moocow1452 Ad-Free
21st May 2013, 05:56 PM |#34  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
I'm gonna call it, my Nook charging port is fubar'd and I cannot get it too charge continuously for long enough to really do anything with it. Sorry guys. Not gonna be able to flash anything worthwhile.
22nd May 2013, 10:10 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow1452

I'm gonna call it, my Nook charging port is fubar'd and I cannot get it too charge continuously for long enough to really do anything with it. Sorry guys. Not gonna be able to flash anything worthwhile.

No! Wait! I'm buying an extra NC to use for this project!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mineturtle33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mineturtle33 Ad-Free
22nd May 2013, 10:29 PM |#36  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No! Wait! I'm buying an extra NC to use for this project!

I can give you advice I guess, or try and scrape together something for a replacement device and see what I need to get done. But a Nexus 7 preowned might be a better device to toss Ubuntu Touch on since the Nook is becoming more and more novelty.
24th May 2013, 08:14 PM |#37  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
So, my Nook is dead. Charger will not charge and I tried everyone in the house. Do you think there is enough intrest in Ubuntu Touch and CyanogenMod to warrant getting a new one at sixty some on glyde, or should I let sleeping dogs lie and try and trade up to a Nexus 7 or better phone?
25th May 2013, 02:42 AM |#38  

More
I know the n7 is probably better, but I already have a fully function NC on cm10.1, and you can get used NC's for really (and I mean REALLY) cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mineturtle33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mineturtle33 Ad-Free
25th May 2013, 04:24 AM |#39  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I know the n7 is probably better, but I already have a fully function NC on cm10.1, and you can get used NC's for really (and I mean REALLY) cheap.

Thanks, I took another look at it, and I think I just got it charging again, fingers crossed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moocow1452 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moocow1452 Ad-Free
25th May 2013, 02:28 PM |#40  

More
Awesome! Since canonical is supposedly releasing daily-driver builds of Ubuntu-Touch, there is still more work to be done on this!

Hellooo! *Explosion FX*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mineturtle33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mineturtle33 Ad-Free
9th June 2013, 07:06 PM |#41  
Flag Livonia

Donate to Me
More
So I did get it charging again, but I broke one of the USB pinslots, and it won't charge period now. Might a new battery fix it, or am I stuck with a motherboard/new device?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)