I just copied my other post to make it easier to find over here. Hopefully you will all find it useful and enjoy the information.
For those who might not understand how to do it, just wanted to post this guide here too.
What you need:
1) HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file. I have attached one below which you can use, or alternatively you can copy the one from the your /windows folder.
2) If you don't have the version which is already patched then you will need the N2A patched file attached below as well.
Here are the steps:
1) Open HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml using Notepad.
2) You will see many cities listed like this:
<city name="Anchorage, US" loca="NAM|US|AK|ANCHORAGE " land="United States " /> (original)
<city name="Ketchikan, AK" loca="NAM|US|AK|KETCHIKAN" land="United States" /> (copied and edited)
Simply copy one of the cities from your country, or state and then edit the city information. You will notice in the example above i have changed "Anchorage, US" to "Ketchikan, AK" as this is just what will display on the screen. The section marked loca=con"CONTINENT|COUNTRY|STATE|CITY" must be typed in correctly or else you will not get any data.
3) Repeate step 2 for as many cities as you would like to add.
4) Disable touchflo on the today screen
5) Copy Manila2D.exe (if you are not using the version already patched), and your newly edited HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file to the /windows folder.
6) Enable touchflo on the today screen again.
7) Go to weather and add new city, the new cities should be available to you. I would remove any old cities you had before as well.
Weather won't download via edge or 3g:
For those of you still having problems with the weather plug-in here is another thing I did to fix it:
1. Go to Settings - Connections - Connections - Advanced - Select Networks - Edit (MEdia Net) - Proxy Settings -> UNCHECK BOTH OPTIONS
2. Soft Reset
It should work fine
Here's An Entirely New Method. I tried and it works on PDA V9 (Only one i tried it on).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|