FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Android

2,563 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2017, 12:08 AM |#581  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndenny

Hi Lem

Thanks again for awesome app.
I'm still getting advertising even after donating, and when I try "remove adverts" I get the error saying item is already owned.

Also, battery usage on the app has risen hugely over the last week or so. Track me is using nearly 50%.
I'm using v3.00.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Thanks again

Nick

That's strange. I would try to uninstall it and install it again (you can do a backup of your settings and routes first)

Regarding the battery usage it really depends on what you are doing. How often you are recording, sources used... If it was working before it should be something
has changed on your phone or TrackMe settings. You should double check that it's really TrackMe who is doing that.

By the way, TrackMe 3.1 went out a couple of weeks ago. You should try to update first.

16th March 2017, 07:41 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
is cloud sharing intended to work like

glympse.com

i can no longer fully use glympse since they switched from mapquest to google maps requiring Google apps
16th March 2017, 07:54 PM |#583  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisterd

is cloud sharing intended to work like

glympse.com

i can no longer fully use glympse since they switched from mapquest to google maps requiring Google apps

I have never used glympse so I don't know. With cloud sharing on TrackMe you share your position publicly or privately. Your position will be displayed
on the map in realtime for other TrackMe users to see. You can also enable this feature by sending a text message from another phone.
21st March 2017, 03:25 AM |#584  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can not read distance/time
With a recent upgrade, I am not able to see current time and distance. The bottom menu on the realtime stats page covers the distance and total time numbers. Using LGL44VL running android 5.1.1.
21st March 2017, 03:42 PM |#585  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btauch

With a recent upgrade, I am not able to see current time and distance. The bottom menu on the realtime stats page covers the distance and total time numbers. Using LGL44VL running android 5.1.1.

You're right. If your phone has a smaller screen, it won't show up. I spent a long time trying to make it scrollable, but I couldn't make it to work. I'll keep trying. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry about that.
18th July 2017, 08:25 PM |#586  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
UPDATE

Bug fixes:
- Checking weather could cause the app to crash.
- When showing certain fields (e.g. Speed) decimals could overlap on images.
10th November 2017, 04:39 PM |#587  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sourcecode
Is there a way that we can get the source code files for the Android app? Thanks in advance!
20th November 2017, 07:50 PM |#588  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezandrei

Is there a way that we can get the source code files for the Android app? Thanks in advance!

Sorry the TrackMe app is not open source. You can get the source of the Web Viewer though. It was written by the community.
20th November 2017, 07:55 PM |#589  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update
- Route list is now sorted by End Date. This is useful if you reuse routes on different days, so this will not sink at the bottom of the route list.

hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates lately. I am very busy writing a game for PC and Android devices and it is taking all of my spare time.
I still have many ideas for TrackMe that I will add in the future, so if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Also, please take some time to review the app if possible! Basically all the reviews I get lately are from people who don't know how to use it and they just give me the lowest rating.
I know TrackMe's interface is not the best, but I don't think it's totally fair. If anybody here who uses TrackMe has ideas to make it more attractive keeping it simple and the same functionality,
I would be more than happy to make those changes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)