FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [q] miui v4

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By 3rdcoasttx, Member on 30th October 2012, 12:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i am trying to get miui v4 2.8.10 by darklichny working on my epic. in the op it says flash 2.3.23 and wait for data connection before flashing 2.8.10.. i can not get service/signal for the life of me.. i have tried flashing ns4g-radio-KL2 afterwards, tried flashing nyan_CM9-CrpMdm afterwards,.. i cant figure out what else i need to do to get signal on this rom..huge fan of miui.

30th October 2012, 01:23 AM |#2  
Flag The Nati
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30433583

If you want the ns4g modem, you need to grab the AIO package for your ROM.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frostedunit Ad-Free
31st October 2012, 02:54 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostedunit

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30433583

If you want the ns4g modem, you need to grab the AIO package for your ROM.

still a no go., wiped everything, flashed miui 2.3 , then flashed a various ones from that website trying to find a working one.. no signal still.. right now i am using miui v4 from another developer but i wanted to try miui.us version since i used them before on my evo
1st November 2012, 04:06 AM |#4  
Flag The Nati
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoasttx

still a no go., wiped everything, flashed miui 2.3 , then flashed a various ones from that website trying to find a working one.. no signal still.. right now i am using miui v4 from another developer but i wanted to try miui.us version since i used them before on my evo

After you flashed the all in one, did your baseband show up as unknown? If so you may need to flash it, reboot, then go back to cwm and flash again. Sometimes it takes 2 flashes for me to get it to stick.

The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frostedunit Ad-Free
1st November 2012, 05:41 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostedunit

After you flashed the all in one, did your baseband show up as unknown? If so you may need to flash it, reboot, then go back to cwm and flash again. Sometimes it takes 2 flashes for me to get it to stick.

ill give it a shot in a day or so.. so much trouble i have to take a break from it.. thank you though.
3rd November 2012, 01:59 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
ok heres what worked for me incase anyway anyone else has the same problem..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30433583 (thanks frostedunit)

downloaded nexusmodempatchcm9.1_w_Phone-Settings_build.prop.zip (cm9 roaming fix)

flash miui 2.3.23

then flash nexusmodempatch , wipe cache, wipe dalvik, reboot recovery, wipe nexusmodempatch again and reboot system

let miui 2.3.23 load up, and if you have signal, great, wait five minutes then reboot into recovery and flash 2.8.10 over it, no wipe needed..

then when miui 2.8.10 boots up, you may have to flash nexusmodempatch again.. check settings and about phone to see if baseband says unknown..

thanks frostedunit for the guidance.

edit: lol spoke too soon, miui 2.8.10 boots up, got data and text, try to dial a number, voice calling not supported...ehh
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdcoasttx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3rdcoasttx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)