[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Search This thread
15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3
ADB, Fastboot and Drivers
MCPoJ81.png

What is this?
This is All-in-One installer for 3 most needed PC tools for Android. No need to download big SDK for 3 small things. I originaly made it for my Kurdish friend AnGrY DuDe in early 2013. I saw another ADB installer on XDA, but it wasn't good enough for me so i'm finaly posting it here. It's very small and fast installer for tools and drivers.

Features:
Small - 9.18 MB
Fast - 15 seconds install (many times its even less)
AIO - ADB, Fastboot and also Drivers
Easy to install - just run it and program will guide you
Clean - ADB and Google Drivers from latest SDK

Install process:
1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
5. Continue Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed - finished!

Notes:
System-wide: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %SystemDrive%\adb directory, and added system-wide path.
Current user only: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %UserProfile%\adb directory, and added path for current user.
CMD can use ADB and Fastboot from any directory.
Drivers are installed to system - no need to install them from directories.
Installer automaticly decides if install 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.
If anybody got problem with detecting device, go see picture guide View attachment 2480396
If installation fails, then post here contents of "adb-installer.log" from desktop. (if there is any)

If you have problem with driver enumeration in Windows 8.1 install update KB2917929

If you have older Google USB Driver installed, please uninstall it from Control Panel before installing new

If you have previously installed it as system-wide and now you want it current user only (or vice-versa), it won't remove it, you must do it yourself. (at least for now)

Mod edit
In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
It's highly recommended you use the latest version from this XDA Portal post instead, as it fixes issues with newer devices.
If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated.
Downloads: Version 1.4.3
XDA Mirror added by Mod @Redline
Downloads: Version 1.4.2
Google Drive
Userscloud
Zippyshare
Dropbox

Version 1.3 (If upper one doesn't work)
Google Drive

If you like my work, want to support development and have few coins spare:

Video tutorials: (thanks goes to savadam)

Used tools:

Screenshot_22.png
Thanks, I have to tell you that it works perfectly on all my devices, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2 XL, Mi 9, Mi 11... :D

Reactions: lecitron

ciofega

Sep 4, 2021
The 1.4.3 fails to install on a plain vanilla XP SP2 32 bit inside Virtualbox; I get twice the error "0 files copied". Maybe it's due to user pathnames not using English language.

I was able to manually install anyway, digging into the Impostazioni/Temp/7z.something directory while the installer batch script was running, and manually issuing the xcopy commands to the adb directory, then starting the appropriate 32-bit drivers installer.

Sadly it won't work: adb devices and fastboot devices always come with an empty list inside Virtualbox 6.1 (even if the Xperia 10 is highlighted in the USB devices list of Virtualbox). Shutting down the Virtualbox, and back to Ubuntu 20.04 prompt, I get both native adb and fastboot recognize the device. Tried rebooting (both host and guest) and a number of other tricks (configure Virtualbox to USB3, etc).

Fun fact:
I only needed it for debugging purposes before buying the Q1 Unlock (my Xperia 10 currently sports "bootloader unlock = no").

ciofega

Sep 4, 2021
Probably so, but for Xperia you need Xperia drivers...
developer.sony.com

Those are Xperia 10 II and 10 III drivers, but there isn't any for the original 10 (I4113), that has to be downloaded from elsewhere and apparently requires Windows 10.

To my understanding, there are three things needed:
- a working adb.exe
- a working fastboot.exe
- a generic "Google ADB" driver to have adb and fastboot connect.

If everything is correctly installed, adb devices will show the phone serial number when it's connected in developer mode (i.e. Android fully loaded and developer options enabled), and fastboot devices will show the phone fastboot serial number when it's connected in fastboot mode (i.e. booting the phone with VolumeUp key pressed).

Ubuntu ADB package works (both adb and fastboot). Some people suggest to use ADB in client mode ("server" on host Ubuntu, "adb connect" from guest Windows virtual machine), but that solution only works for ADB (not Fastboot).

djicode

Apr 4, 2022
For anyone running Windows 11 or has issue with access denied or path not found, it's most likely due to running one drive or having moved your desktop folder where it's hard coded to save an error log.

You can extract the self installer with 7zip and edit install.bat. Search and replace %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\adb-installer.log with adb-installer.log.
It should place the error log file in the current folder your running the install from instead of the desktop.

On line 103 and 110, edit the driver installer name to include .exe or you may get file not found on windows 11.
i.e.
103: START /wait driver\DPInst_x86.exe /f 2>>adb-installer.log
110: START /wait driver\DPInst_x64.exe /f 2>>adb-installer.log

Warning - ADB Installer v1.4.3 Installs Old ADB 2015!

This thread should be locked & the download links in post #1 should be replaced with these XDA portal links:

What is ADB? How to Install ADB, Common Uses, and Advanced Tutorials (for Windows, macOS or Linux)

If you follow the ADB download links in that XDA portal page & open CMD in your adb folder, type this & hit Enter:

adb --version

C:\adb>adb --version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41
Version 33.0.1-8253317 (March 2022)
Installed as C:\adb\adb.exe

Open CMD in your adb folder, type this & hit Enter: fastboot --version

C:\adb>fastboot --version
fastboot version 33.0.1-8253317 (March 2022)
Installed as C:\adb\fastboot.exe

You can see the changelog here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Optional: See this other XDA article How to Use ADB or Fastboot From Any Directory on your Windows/Linux PC

If you install the ADB Installer v1.4.3 linked in the post #1 of this thread & run adb you will get:

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32 (2015!)
Revision eac51f2bb6a8-android

adb-setup-1.4.3\adb>fastboot --version
fastboot version eac51f2bb6a8-android (2015!)

Several fastboot functions will not work on recent devices with that old version!

If you installed that old ADB installer v1.4.3 you can download the most recent version from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools, unzip and copy the content of platform-tools over your current adb folder to update it.

Last edited:

fabulas_

Nov 2, 2020
Fastboot does not work for me, it is practically not recognized, this is what appears to me on the device manager, how to see an unrecognized usb device appears to me, while I saw the video fix of the first post it appeared to them as Android, consequently to me since I it appears otherwise it does not give me the possibility to subsequently select that it is an Android device..how can I do?

Attachments

• screen.PNG
    screen.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 119

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3
    ADB, Fastboot and Drivers
    MCPoJ81.png

What is this?
    This is All-in-One installer for 3 most needed PC tools for Android. No need to download big SDK for 3 small things. I originaly made it for my Kurdish friend AnGrY DuDe in early 2013. I saw another ADB installer on XDA, but it wasn't good enough for me so i'm finaly posting it here. It's very small and fast installer for tools and drivers.

Features:
    Small - 9.18 MB
    Fast - 15 seconds install (many times its even less)
    AIO - ADB, Fastboot and also Drivers
    Easy to install - just run it and program will guide you
    Clean - ADB and Google Drivers from latest SDK

Install process:
    1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
    2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
    3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
    4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
    5. Continue Driver installation
    6. 15 seconds passed - finished!

Notes:
    System-wide: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %SystemDrive%\adb directory, and added system-wide path.
    Current user only: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %UserProfile%\adb directory, and added path for current user.
    CMD can use ADB and Fastboot from any directory.
    Drivers are installed to system - no need to install them from directories.
    Installer automaticly decides if install 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.
    If anybody got problem with detecting device, go see picture guide View attachment howto_driver.zip
    If installation fails, then post here contents of "adb-installer.log" from desktop. (if there is any)

If you have problem with driver enumeration in Windows 8.1 install update KB2917929

If you have older Google USB Driver installed, please uninstall it from Control Panel before installing new

If you have previously installed it as system-wide and now you want it current user only (or vice-versa), it won't remove it, you must do it yourself. (at least for now)

Mod edit
    In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
    It's highly recommended you use the latest version.
    If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated.
    Downloads: Version 1.4.3
    XDA Mirror added by Mod @Redline
    Downloads: Version 1.4.2
    Google Drive
    Userscloud
    Zippyshare
    Dropbox

Version 1.3 (If upper one doesn't work)
    Google Drive

If you like my work, want to support development and have few coins spare:

Video tutorials: (thanks goes to savadam)

Used tools:
    BRAIN, 7-Zip, Notepad++, WDK, ResourceHacker, UPX, Android SDK, and maybe something else
    Changelog

Changelog

Next version (WIP)
    I will completely rewrite the project and make 2 versions, offline and online one.
    Can also download latest files.
    Will be open-source, code hosted on GitHub.

Version 1.4.3
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 23 version (Android 6.0)
    Version 1.4.2
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 21 version (Android 5.0)
    Version 1.4.1
    - Fixed bug refusing to set %PATH%
    Version 1.4
    - Fixed %PATH% for Windows XP (SETX missing)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 11.0.0000.00000
    - Errorlog
    - Cleanup

Version 1.3
    - Now use 7-Zip SFX (instead of WinRAR)
    - Add choice for "system-wide" or "current user only" installation of adb
    - Newer DPInst (WDK 8.1)
    - Reduced size
    - Fixed bug

Version 1.2
    - Update only files that need to be updated
    - Add to PATH only when its not already present (prevent having it twice or more)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 9.0.0000.00000
    - 2KB bigger :(

Version 1.1
    - Added Y/N option for installations (you can choose what to install)
    - Changed installation directory to "%SystemDrive%\adb" and added PATH
    - Will also remove adb from WINDIR if you still have it here
    - Changed x86/x64 detection system
    - Faster
    - 0.01MB smaller than previous version :D

Version 1.0
    - Initial release
    Nice! Thank you. Will give this a shot. My adb/fastboot quit working when I moved and I cannot get it uninstalled or reinstalled for some reason. Have even tried other one click packages and still no go. Will try tonight. Does this need internet connection to install proper drivers, or are they packaged?

Edit: I just looked at the driver pics and it appears they're local. Great! Thank you.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is WinRAR SFX archive that will start batch script, adb is copied using xcopy and drivers are installed using DPInst - Driver Package Installer from Windows Driver Kit, whole thing is extracted to temp directory and deleted after completition.

And yes, no internet conection is required.

How much did installation took ?
    when the installaton got succesful i got notiication from Bitdefender that Ransomeware behaviour detected by adb-setup-1.4.3.exe. Is this file reallly safe and one more thing i wasn't able to download adb file from your source so i used other webpage. xda forum is not letting me paste the here for now.
    Use this its the original direct download from xda.