[Q] Using Kies to transfer iPhone backup (SMS, Photos)

Search This thread

scumball

Aug 31, 2011
I have the latest version of Kies and it offers me the option of bringing in stuff from my iPhone backup. It reads the backup OK when it lets me choose what to import, but it won't go any further. It states Cannot read the backup file information. Please select a valid backup file.

The backup is from a 4.2.1 iPhone 3G.

Anyone done this successfully? Any tips? Would like the SMS and photos if possible...

SilverHedgehog

Oct 30, 2010
Cupertino
I have the latest version of Kies and it offers me the option of bringing in stuff from my iPhone backup. It reads the backup OK when it lets me choose what to import, but it won't go any further. It states Cannot read the backup file information. Please select a valid backup file.

Anyone done this successfully? Any tips? Would like the SMS and photos if possible...

Is the backup encrypted?

yanmaydo

Jun 20, 2012
Transfer contacts from computer to new iphone,you can use iphone backup tool to backup all you files to computer,or transfer all files from computer to new iphone.including SMS and contact

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac)

Transfer contacts from computer to new iphone,you can use iphone backup tool to backup all you files to computer,or transfer all files from computer to new iphone.including SMS and contact

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac)

Cucusoft iPhone Backup Tool Kits is designed to back up all files from iPhone to computer, including SMS messages&contacts,games,Call list,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

Free download in: URL= recovery-iphone.com

iMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer is designed to back up all files from iPhone to Mac, including SMS messages&contacts,Call list,games,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac) in :

URL= recovery-iphone.com/imacsoft-iphone-to-mac-transfer.html

Last edited:

manjeev

Nov 25, 2011
Yes it can be done!

My friend did it recently and everything transferred except memos. Maybe you can try again by deselecting the memo or can do it one by one like first contacts, then messages and so on.

Cheers!!

kaissa

May 7, 2013

It is skillful to do by kies. And it is more ways to transfer sms from iTunes backup and copy to computer, it can be easier to do with using some software.

Kentyet

Jul 9, 2013
Here is the step-by-step guide shows:
How to transfer or backup SMS from iPhone to PC
URL: mac-iphone-ipad.com/how-to-transfer-iphone-sms-from-iphone-to-pc/
How to transfer or backup SMS from iPhone to Mac
URL: mac-iphone-ipad.com/how-to-transfer-or-backup-sms-from-iphone-to-mac/

Hope this can hlep.
Good luck!

brittagladys

Sep 18, 2013
If you want to print out your iPhone SMS, what you should know is that you should transfer your SMS out of your iPhone first of all. In order to transfer your SMS out of your iPhone, you need a iPhone SMS Transfer, with the help of it, you can transfer iPhone SMS to computer as a txt file or a ANTS file before the event above happens. Before the transfer, you can choose to transfer from all contacts or a single contact, further more, you can choose transfer the SMS to a TXT file or a ANTS file. In ANTS file condition, you can protect the file with a password to keep your privacy.

Tianrayquane

Feb 21, 2014
If you want to print out your iPhone SMS, what you should know is that you should transfer your SMS out of your iPhone first of all. In order to transfer your SMS out of your iPhone, you need a iPhone SMS Transfer, with the help of it, you can transfer iPhone SMS to computer as a txt file or a ANTS file before the event above happens. Before the transfer, you can choose to transfer from all contacts or a single contact, further more, you can choose transfer the SMS to a TXT file or a ANTS file. In ANTS file condition, you can protect the file with a password to keep your privacy.

Also, you'll have to move your photos over manually, iTunes has to do the one-way street syncing of potentially copyrighted data. It does allow you to transfer iTunes Store purchases that haven't been moved to your new computer though.

More you can know by visiting here:
http://www.iphone-android-recovery.com/

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
how to transfer iPhone backup

Many photo-taking lovers enjoy shooting anywhere so they will take pictures with iPhone as they like, but due to the limited storage space of iPhone, they need to save some place to keep other things. At this time, you can transfer photos from iPhone to PC with iTunes/iCloud/iPhone Transfer. Besides, this transferring tool also help you transfer your iPhone contacts backup.