Athena Project Black Touch Edition by PK 3.0 - AP DUAL 3.0 PREVIEWED-

Search This thread

getwet

Apr 20, 2007
Charlotte
this looks great!!!!
have you seen the touchpal keyboard http://www.cootek.com/ and could you add it to the rom.
i can't get it to work on my x7500 but maybe you guys can can't wait to get the download
thanks for the awsome work:)

irus

Jun 29, 2007
pawel062 is there a reason you went with opera 8.65 (build 2211) i am only asking cause i am using the one that came with my athena and it has a build of 2282. Thanks to the team for all there hard work.

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
this looks great!!!!
have you seen the touchpal keyboard http://www.cootek.com/ and could you add it to the rom.
i can't get it to work on my x7500 but maybe you guys can can't wait to get the download
thanks for the awsome work:)

fingertouch is so much better and includes a layout similar to that if not exactly like that. try it out with the athena. on mine its all i use. i leave the keyboard at home like ltxda because of it.

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
Keyboards

Just my 0.02c but the cootek touchpal sip is amazing and so finger friendly to use.

After getting used to it for a couple of days it replaced my hardware keyboard for good.

Don't think its a case of which is better but more a case of which is better for you.

If Cooteks isn't working install it soft reset install sipchange (sleuths i believe) and set touchpal as your default sip in sipchange and soft reset again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008

(Sorry for the OT)

Rom sounds awesome by the way:D

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
Just my 0.02c but the cootek touchpal sip is amazing and so finger friendly to use.

After getting used to it for a couple of days it replaced my hardware keyboard for good.

Don't think its a case of which is better but more a case of which is better for you.

If Cooteks isn't working install it soft reset install sipchange (sleuths i believe) and set touchpal as your default sip in sipchange and soft reset again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008

(Sorry for the OT)

Rom sounds awesome by the way:D

i think you have not then used fingertouch in landscape and tried the 5 keyboard types they have available. it has a layout exactly like this and is very big and finger friendly. try layout 5 its exactly like cooteks. i use 1 though bc its full qwerty.

galt

Jun 9, 2005
Sounds like you have the rom already :eek:
No, I don't. I purchased a used X7501 that had the PK 2.0 ROM already installed. So, will I be able to flash the 3.0 ROM on it, or are there any prior unlocking steps I need to take? I guess I've read a bit about there being some specific processes for flashing the new ROMs on the Athena devices, maybe I need to research a bit more.

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
i think you have not then used fingertouch in landscape and tried the 5 keyboard types they have available. it has a layout exactly like this and is very big and finger friendly. try layout 5 its exactly like cooteks. i use 1 though bc its full qwerty.

When i used fingertouch that was the option i went for (don't get me wrong the teksoft one is quality)

I am just a fan of the press, slide, release function in the touchpal sip.

Still i can have both and the teksoft is definitely a better look.:D

Decisions decisions!

c1oudrs

Oct 20, 2007
I can confirm that. I also have Opera 8.65 for Windows Mobile [build] (2282) and it works with Vueflo.

Don't know if its any different than the other build. But I've been using the 8.65 2282 for awhile and so I guess when I switch to the PK3 I will find out if its different.

c1oudrs

Oct 20, 2007
OK, donated $20 to Olipro and now I'm donating another $20 for the PK3/Athena Project (that I'm anxiously awaiting) . . . 17381942J9048510J.

That's it for me and money for awhile. :)

yankee

Jul 7, 2005
I can confirm that. I also have Opera 8.65 for Windows Mobile [build] (2282) and it works with Vueflo.

Don't know if its any different than the other build. But I've been using the 8.65 2282 for awhile and so I guess when I switch to the PK3 I will find out if its different.

opera latest build is 2731 and I am using it with no issues...

irus

Jun 29, 2007
well im going out for the night so i guess i will load this badboy up tomorrow

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
well im going out for the night so i guess i will load this badboy up tomorrow

rom has been uploaded. ltxda has allowed us to use his site to host the files so big thanx to him. not only did he put in his own money to get cmonex a device, get me my device shipped to my door safely, but also now is hosting the rom. Thanx a bunch ltxda!!!

ALL donations recieved from 3.0 go directly to ltxda to get back the money he spent on cmonex's device so please donate to the athena project as it will all go to him.

Last edited: