FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

1,625 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,141
 
By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 1st July 2010, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2012, 05:21 AM |#3711  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

It can be done. You just have to first flash the 2.15.00.11.19 radio. Then, flash the hex-edited 6.17 HBOOT from the Revolutionary unrooting method (in my sig). That *should* get you S-ON. Then, flash the unrevoked-forever zip in recovery. You should then be S-OFF again, and able to flash whatever HBOOT you want.

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics

Whats\'s the risk of me somehow screwing up and bricking my EVO? It's been about a year and a half since I've done this, like.. Im not stupid, but just being safe. Thanks a bunch man
The Following User Says Thank You to MBQ_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MBQ_ Ad-Free
 
 
24th July 2012, 05:25 AM |#3712  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,586
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

Whats\'s the risk of me somehow screwing up and bricking my EVO? It's been about a year and a half since I've done this, like.. Im not stupid, but just being safe. Thanks a bunch man

I can't think of any way flashing those 3 things will brick your EVO. I've personally done this procedure quite a few times with no ill effects. Just don't pull the battery while flashing the radio, or let the battery die. I guess that's the only way you could brick it.

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics
24th July 2012, 05:26 AM |#3713  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I can't think of any way flashing 3 things will brick your EVO. I've personally done this procedure quite a few times with no ill effects.

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics

Alright. I hate to do this to you, but would you mind linking me to all three? Thank you so so much.

I already have the 11.19 radio, but want you to link me to it just in case, based on you having way more experience than I.
24th July 2012, 05:28 AM |#3714  
Soap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,013
 
More
Thanks captain. I've been discussing a way to change MBQs HBOOT through running the latest RUU and rerooting with the 2.18 HBOOT and then you come along and save time, hassle and confusion. You are the bomb!

This is my signature.
24th July 2012, 05:29 AM |#3715  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,586
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

Alright. I hate to do this to you, but would you mind linking me to all three? Thank you so so much.

I already have the 11.19 radio, but want you to link me to it just in case, based on you having way more experience than I.

The radio and hex-edited 6.17 HBOOT are in the unrooting Revolutionary link in my sig. I'll have to find you a direct link to unrevoked forever.

EDIT: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forev...ed-forever.zip

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 05:31 AM |#3716  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

The radio and hex-edited 6.17 HBOOT are in the unrooting Revolutionary link in my sig. I'll have to find you a direct link to unrevoked forever.

EDIT: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forev...ed-forever.zip

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics

Thank you, I really appreciate it
24th July 2012, 05:35 AM |#3717  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,586
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

Thank you, I really appreciate it

No problem.

Once you're S-OFF with unrEVOked forever, you can flash the latest HBOOT, while remaining S-OFF. That will allow you to do stuff like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29111318

And related to that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29076354



-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics
24th July 2012, 05:35 AM |#3718  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076
 
Donate to Me
More
1 last question, should I rename the 6.17 hboot to PC36IMG and update, boot into recovery, and flash the radio and unrevoked thing in recovery?

i feel like such a noob hahah
24th July 2012, 05:39 AM |#3719  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,586
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

1 last question, should I rename the 6.17 hboot to PC36IMG and update, boot into recovery, and flash the radio and unrevoked thing in recovery?

i feel like such a noob hahah

Whatever you do, you have to flash the radio first!

But yes, the HBOOT file will need to be renamed to flash in the bootloader, which is step 2. Finally, once you confirm S-ON, you flash the unrevoked forever zip in recovery to get S-OFF back.

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics
24th July 2012, 05:41 AM |#3720  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Whatever you do, you have to flash the radio first!

But yes, the HBOOT file will need to be renamed to flash in the bootloader, which is step 2. Finally, once you confirm S-ON, you flash the unrevoked forever zip in recovery to get S-OFF back.

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics

Okay,
so, rename the radio to PC36IMG.zip and 'update' in bootloader
then remove my SD, take the 6.17 HBOOT and rename that to PC36IMG and put it on the SD and update, then flash unrevoked in recovery?
24th July 2012, 05:45 AM |#3721  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,586
 
10
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

Okay.

Okay, so, rename the radio to PC36IMG.zip and flash in recovery
then remove my SD, take the 6.17 HBOOT and rename that to PC36IMG andput it on the SD, and then flash unrevoked in recovery?

For the radio, it depends on which version you're flashing, but if it's the PC36IMG, that means it gets flashed in the bootloader. Most of them were recovery flashables, though. Make sure you know which one you have. You can easily just mount the storage in recovery to do whatever file moves you need to, but if you have the recovery flashable radio version, you'll only need to have one PC36IMG on the card, which you can put there before you start.

EDIT: If you're using a RA-Based recovery, you should flash this radio version in recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xlhm124ur4bnxln/EVO_Radio_2.15.00.11.19.zip

-----------
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G | ROM: CM10 (UNOFFICIAL) - Nightly 20120723 | Kernel: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-acies-ics
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes