Thanks Meter: 23

By dfvn, Junior Member on 20th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2011, 04:54 AM |#111  
Flag AmFork UT
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Deploy?
I am enjoying windows phone 7 on my HD2. I am a noob with windows phone 7 so in the instructions it says to "Deploy XAP file to your phone". I do not know how to "deploy" a program onto my phone that I have downloaded onto my pc. My phone is not recognized as a hard drive (other than the 200 mb that I don't know how to access on my phone) so I am unsure how to proceed. Help please...

8th February 2011, 01:36 AM |#112  
Flag Saginaw, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB4400

I am enjoying windows phone 7 on my HD2. I am a noob with windows phone 7 so in the instructions it says to "Deploy XAP file to your phone". I do not know how to "deploy" a program onto my phone that I have downloaded onto my pc. My phone is not recognized as a hard drive (other than the 200 mb that I don't know how to access on my phone) so I am unsure how to proceed. Help please...

Here is everything you need to get started making WP7 how it should be. Hope this helps. If it does a thanks if much appreciated.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938106
8th February 2011, 06:43 PM |#113  
Flag Newport,RI
Thanks Meter: 59

More
This is how I got it working on my HD2 TMOUS. Changed around some of benjaminries post to suit TMOUS. I did all this on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. Was definatly a pain since I tether for internet at my house. Had to keep going from phone to computer reading. Good thing my girls HD2 still had wm6.5 so I could download what I needed since you cant download whatever to your phone then transfer to computer in wp7 but thats a whole other issue which I believe will be addressed at some point on xda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminries

Here are all the steps:

1. Install HTC Sync. Not sure if this even needs to be done. All you really need is the drivers...I know they are attached all over this thread..Im gonna reattach the ones I used with my TMOUS HD2 on my Windows 7 32bit machine.
2. Pick up your device, turn off Wifi and Cellular data(keep 3G switch on), start DF Router and tap "HTC Modem" button. Now plug in the USB cable.
3. Wait until Windows decides whether it will autodetect your device. It may autodetect the whole phone as a single "HTC Modem" on the Hardware ID ending &MI_00, so have a look in the device manager. View devices by connection if you have to.
4. We want to see a USB Composite Device, with two Unknown Device entries (&MI_00 and &MI_01) beneath. If you see anything different than that, you need to right-click the device, click "Uninstall" and then check "Delete the driver software for this device."
5. Make sure you install drivers for BOTH devices or this won't work.
6. For the device ID ending &MI_00, click update driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, Click Next, Click Have disk, and browse to wherever you unzipped attachment and open HtcVComV32.inf so you get something like "HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM14)"
7. For the device ID ending &MI_01, click update driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, Click Next, Click Have disk, and browse to wherever you unzipped attachment and open htcusbmdmv32.inf so you get "HTC USB Modem".
8. Right click the HTC USB modem in Device Manager, go Properties, Advanced, and type +cgdcont=1,"ip","epc.tmobile.com" in the Extra initialization commands box.
9. Now close Device Manager, and open Network and Sharing Center from the control panel. Click Setup New Connection. Click 1st choice Connect to the Internet. Follow to set up a dial-up connection (using HTC USB Modem if you have the choice) to the number *99#
10.Restart phone and computer.
11. After restart Open Control Panel, Network and Sharing, Change Adapter Settings, Right Click Dial up Connection, In the General Tab click Configure and change maximum speed to 921600 or whatever you want default was 115200 which is slower than my 3/4G connection. In the options tab change Idle Time before Hanging Up to never.
12.Disconnect and Reconnect if connection was already on so changes will take effect.

Working perfect 3/4G speeds.

Decent speed test 2mb down 1mb up on average tested like 5 times...With 1 bar in my living room...Yah my reception sucks..

EDIT: Instead of double posting. I figured I post how I got it to sync back with Zune.
1. Make sure you dont have Zune opening automatically when you connect the phone.
2. Go to Control Panel,Network and Sharing, Change adapter settings, right click to disconnect the dial up connection, then right click and disable the dial up connection as default connection.
3. Went to DFRouter clicked Zune Mode. Phone shuts off instead of resetting Im assuming.Disconnect phone.
4. After reset open zune manually and it should sync. Just installed a couple of xap's and reconnected to post this.
Attached Files
File Type: rar WP7 Tether Drivers Windows 7 32bit.rar - [Click for QR Code] (102.0 KB, 246 views)
9th February 2011, 02:58 AM |#114  

More
Have there been any developments in returning a device to Zune mode?

I accidentally forgot to change the USB mode switcher back when I reset the phone due to a constantly-on vibration motor, and now I can't sync with Zune.
12th February 2011, 04:05 PM |#115  
Flag Freiburg im Breisgau
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is any of the developers dealing with the problem of getting stuck in modem mode? It's really annoying that I can't sync anything for weeks or even months.
12th February 2011, 05:28 PM |#116  
Flag Birmingham, AL

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalemb

Ok. Now this is weird. I did nothing differently except I accidentally clicked USB Sync before I clicked HTC Modem on DFRouter and the connection finally went through. Hmm...

This worked for me on my HD7.

After I set everything up. In DFRouter App, I clicked "USB Sync" then I let Windows install the driver called "PocketPC something" After it completed, I clicked HTC Modem again then went to the "Set Up A Connection" wizard again with the same settings and it went through immediately. Thanks for the tip!
13th February 2011, 12:08 PM |#117  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOSXRI

So for someone who has tethered the phone once, how much time takes to tether it the other day?

What exactly is your question ? It takes some effort to set up right, but once everything works, it works great. Disable Connection, Connect via USB & Dial Modem takes about 10 seconds or so.
The initial setup took me about 3-4 hours of messing around. (until I read that sometimes you have to activate HTC Sync before Modem mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfvn

For who got hard reset or uninstall DFRouter or HTCTestTool.xap before come back to USB Zune mode, usb of your phone now stuck in Qualcom mode, try this to set it back to Zune Mode:
- Turn of your phone.
- Turn on with volume down press, you will go to SPL Screen with , do plug your USB and unplug, remove battery and do hard reset by press volume up and down when turn on power.
-If it not work, come to SPL screen then try to reflash your phone with ship rom.

Revoking:
for some reason my HD2 automatically switched to zune mode once and revoked DFRouter... afterwards it was back to Modem mode and I couldn't access it anymore.
The comment above worked for me and now everything is back to normal.

Data charges:
There are no extra costs involved. I just checked this month's online bill and it charged the usual 4€/GB traffic.

Driver issues:
I attached some modified drivers. They now include the model numbers and more specific names.
HTC Diagnostic Interface HD2 MI00
HTC USB Modem HD2 MI01

Again thanks for this great App!
Attached Files
File Type: rar HTC modemdrivers.rar - [Click for QR Code] (120.8 KB, 185 views)
13th February 2011, 01:43 PM |#118  

More
Does anyone able to get it working on WinXp 32bit ?
can you post the driver you use ?

Thanks
13th February 2011, 03:19 PM |#119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahwka

Revoking:
for some reason my HD2 automatically switched to zune mode once and revoked DFRouter... afterwards it was back to Modem mode and I couldn't access it anymore.
The comment above worked for me and now everything is back to normal.

Didn't work for me on my HTC Mozart
15th February 2011, 03:52 AM |#120  

More
Errors 619, 628, 720 Dialup Connection Windows 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminries

I'm on 32-bit Windows 7 using an HD2 on DF Router to tether with Wind Mobile Canada as the provider. I tried the 32-bit driver zip file posted on this thread - that doesn't work. I tried a bunch of other stuff. I finally got it working, after getting a bunch of Error 692 messages. Here are all the steps:

1. Install HTC Sync.
2. Pick up your device, turn off Wifi and Cellular data, start DF Router and tap "HTC Modem" button. Now plug in the USB cable.
3. Wait until Windows decides whether it will autodetect your device. It may autodetect the whole phone as a single "HTC Modem" on the Hardware ID ending &MI_00, so have a look in the device manager. View devices by connection if you have to.
4. We want to see a USB Composite Device, with two Unknown Device entries (&MI_00 and &MI_01) beneath. If you see anything different than that, you need to right-click the device, click "Uninstall" and then check "Delete the driver software for this device."
5. Make sure you install drivers for BOTH devices or this won't work.
6. For the device ID ending &MI_00, click update driver, Manually choose driver, All devices, Have Disk, and browse to "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC BMP USB Driver\HtcVComV32\htcvcomv32.inf" so you get something like "HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM14)"
7. For the device ID ending &MI_01, click update driver, Manually choose driver, All devices, Have Disk, and browse to "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC BMP USB Driver\HtcUsbMdmV32\htcusbmdmv32" so you get "HTC USB Modem".
8. Right click the HTC USB modem in Device Manager, go Properties, Advanced, and type +cgdcont=1,"ip","APN" (replacing that last bit with your provider's data APN).
9. Now close Device Manager, and set up a dial-up connection (using HTC USB Modem if you have the choice) to the number *99#

I suspect that my issues before arose because I was leaving the &MI_00 device as "unknown" without installing the VCom driver, which is weird because it uses COM14 on my computer, while the HTC USB modem uses COM15.

The only thing missing is the APN: epc.t-mobile.com
Must type it accurately or you will get many errors (619, 628, 720, etc.) Also, be sure to shut down and restart your computer as many ports may have been opened by different programs. One more thing, try disabling your other Internet Connections (WiFi adapter, LAN Modem) before restarting and make sure they stay disabled as this would cause another port to open. GOOD LUCK! Works for me after many hours of troubleshooting!
15th February 2011, 04:00 PM |#121  

More
Did anyone who is stuck in Modem mode tried to bring it back on warranty? Did it work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)