Thread Closed Email Thread
11th January 2012, 08:46 PM |#601  
Flag Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,561

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandezhjr

I assume the brightness % values are guesstimated. I keep mine around what appears to be 20-25 on the slider bar. No problems there. I don't get how you guys could even see anything on the screen at or under 10%.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Under 10 is too low for me. I have really good night vision, so once my eyes adjust to a dark room or something - the stock, low, auto value of 90 is just way too bright.

Wild Child
11th January 2012, 08:56 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok so elixir doesnt play well with the rom....if i uncheck autobrightness and slide to lowest setting i can barely see it....but was just messing with you so calm down there big guy...im a ballbuster....so chill....never said you werent thorough with this...its appreciated...you left out you were installing elixir and changing that specific setting...if thats how you were testing it...i dont know im just assuming because you guys said your setting it to 0%....that in itself raised a red flag as theres no percentage to set it too...the low setting and then lowering it even lower than is made for the rom will more then likely cause reboots makes sense now
11th January 2012, 09:02 PM |#603  
Flag Orlando, Florida

Donate to Me
More
It's cool, I just didn't want you to misunderstand.

Lol - it's not just elixir - there are other apps that allow you to drop brightness by percentage.

The big thing, is the darkening that happens right before the screen timeout - that's the problem. For anyone running their brightness settings low, mainly at night obviously, that darkening of the screen might push them below the 5% - causing the reboot.
11th January 2012, 09:02 PM |#604  
Flag Highlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 465

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownFuze

Under 10 is too low for me. I have really good night vision, so once my eyes adjust to a dark room or something - the stock, low, auto value of 90 is just way too bright.

I can understand that at night in a dark room. But during the day, do you raise the level? Because you never stated that the restarts were only happening at night.

Wild Child
11th January 2012, 09:07 PM |#605  

More
so its not a rom issue so to speak,its the preferences of you two that are causing the issues...if im seeing this correctly and interpreting it all....i mean 2 outta about a thousand downloads and this is occuring on 2 people using similar settings@turning off the screen basically while the phone is on.....

WC
Wild Child
11th January 2012, 09:09 PM |#606  

More
anyway...im off to physical torture....ill be back maybe if they dont hurt me again today.....lol
11th January 2012, 09:09 PM |#607  
Flag Orlando, Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandezhjr

I can understand that at night in a dark room. But during the day, do you raise the level? Because you never stated that the restarts were only happening at night.

I hadn't realized they were until we worked it out today.
Remember, I had no issues all day yesterday - until last night. It was just coincidence that I took the phone out of my pocket, connected to WiFi, set the phone down, and it started rebooting.

So that was my first hunch - I associated it with the WiFi on my phone. Until this morning I noticed how dark the phone got right before the timeout.
11th January 2012, 09:14 PM |#608  
Flag Hiawatha, KS
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Just did some testing with Elixir. It indeed makes your phone reboot if you set it below 5%. So, my advice is...don't do that!!
11th January 2012, 09:21 PM |#609  
Flag Highlands, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrier

Just did some testing with Elixir. It indeed makes your phone reboot if you set it below 5%.

I tried to duplicate the issue without Elixir, setting the slider to zero, and all worked fine. Was going to test Elixir, but I won't, now that you did.

11th January 2012, 09:22 PM |#610  
Flag Highlands, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownFuze

I hadn't realized they were until we worked it out today.
Remember, I had no issues all day yesterday - until last night. It was just coincidence that I took the phone out of my pocket, connected to WiFi, set the phone down, and it started rebooting.

So that was my first hunch - I associated it with the WiFi on my phone. Until this morning I noticed how dark the phone got right before the timeout.

Yup, that coincidence definitely threw us off track. Nonetheless, glad it is finally sorted out.

11th January 2012, 09:23 PM |#611  
Flag Hiawatha, KS
Thanks Meter: 288

More
The Elixir app lets you tweak the setting even below what the slider's 0% is.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, overclocked, stable, stock, wcxseries
Previous Thread Next Thread