FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

1,262 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,366
 
By eyeballer, Retired Recognized Developer on 2nd March 2012, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2012, 08:37 PM |#481  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAK128

It might have to do with "WiFiAdhoc = 1" line in your tiwlan.ini file, you should change it to WiFiAdhoc = 0

So, I am having the same problem. I try opening going to the tiwlan.ini file in astro, edit it in text editor, and then save. However, it doesn't change... when I go back and check, it is still set to "= 1". This is driving me nuts... can anyone help?

I even tried to change it in the installation zip prior to re-flashing, and that didn't work either for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So, Root Explorer tells me I cannot edit tiwlan because the file system is read-only. Now what?
 
 
21st April 2012, 09:24 PM |#482  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,870
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcfly

So, I am having the same problem. I try opening going to the tiwlan.ini file in astro, edit it in text editor, and then save. However, it doesn't change... when I go back and check, it is still set to "= 1". This is driving me nuts... can anyone help?

I even tried to change it in the installation zip prior to re-flashing, and that didn't work either for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So, Root Explorer tells me I cannot edit tiwlan because the file system is read-only. Now what?

Change the file system to r/w. Do that by touching the button at the top of the screen to toggle it.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
21st April 2012, 09:43 PM |#483  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Change the file system to r/w. Do that by touching the button at the top of the screen to toggle it.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Oh, for the love. SMH. I blame the narcotics I am on from the surgery I had yesterday. Thanks... and changing adhoc to 0 worked for me.
21st April 2012, 09:45 PM |#484  
Inactive Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,519
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

I almost always do it from scratch, coming from a LG Optimus V where that is the recommended way to do stuff. If I have a good nandroid sometimes I try to upgrade but usually I don't have good luck with that.

Start just wiping davlik and don't look back. Your experience will improve immensely.

They have changed the install script for CM, this is all that is needed. No restoring apps, no flashing gapps, no setting up a home screen. It takes ten minutes, tops.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mateorod Ad-Free
22nd April 2012, 12:16 PM |#485  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Since you use the phone gui there is a setting which will allow you to lock the rotation in whatever orientation you want. Go to settings/system/notification drawer/widget buttons. There you can select 'toggle orientation'. That adds a button to the notitification area when you pull down the status bar.

Waitaminnit... why isn't that available in the tablet gui? I've been really missing the "power notification widget" from CM7, and you're saying it's only there in phone mode? Whywhywhy?
Quote:

Ordinarily, the only thing you should do before flashing a new ROM is wipe dalvik cache.

Thanks for clarifying this! I've been wiping the cache partition as well...

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:23 PM |#486  
eyeballer's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,366
 
Donate to Me
More
The latest 4/22 builds posted include the option for UMS (cm7-like USB mass storage). It's in settings-storage-menu-usb computer connection.

Thanks again to keyodi for his work on this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyeballer Ad-Free
22nd April 2012, 08:02 PM |#487  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,870
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer

The latest 4/22 builds posted include the option for UMS (cm7-like USB mass storage). It's in settings-storage-menu-usb computer connection.

Thanks again to keyodi for his work on this

Yes, but does it work for you? It's been there for a while, but does not work for me.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 08:03 PM |#488  
eyeballer's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,366
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes, but does it work for you? It's been there for a while, but does not work for me.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Did you actually try it? It was enabled last night.
22nd April 2012, 08:10 PM |#489  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
I updated from 0421 to 0422, non-opengl, conservative governor, and now my audio has little hiccups. I went back to 0421, and the problem didn't reappear. Is this happening to anybody else?

The audio source was BeyondPod, but it uses the built-in player.

I'm going to give 0422 another try, but there wasn't anything special about the process load that I can think of.

EDIT: back to 0422, same download, and all is fine. Dunno what caused the original effect.

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 08:16 PM |#490  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Thanks eyeballer for the builds. The latest ones (within the last week) have been great. A couple freezes every now and then but battery life has greatly improved, along with performance.
22nd April 2012, 08:28 PM |#491  
racks11479's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresh Meadows
Thanks Meter: 752
 
Donate to Me
More
Awwwww snizzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps!! UMS working great here.. I rather prefer this over MTP. Thanks guys!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes