for those who are sick of invisible shield

Search This thread

gostop2008

Apr 7, 2009
i have to write this thread to let people know there's much better shield other than invisible shield after a good experience of mine.
it was so sick that i had to wait for their response of replacement from zagg, and it just got me so much stress, so i had searched over the web to find another one for my x1.
and i found this shield called SGP shield, and i must say this is hella better, especially the screen protection.
invisible shield uses just same rubber-like film for both screen and body, but they have totally different one for the screen.
it is much thinner, screen is very not-noticable, very clear, sleek, and scratch proof at the same time of course.
and they just have a great customer service, i had a trouble with the order, and i sent them the complain, and they just replied back apologizing within 15min, and corrected the trouble i had, without any hassle.
for those who are not satisfied with rubber-like screen cover, you really shouold try this one.
here's the link: http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_58/products_id/493
hope this thread helps someone who had trouble like me.
ThankS.
-TJ

buzz83

Dec 21, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks Gostop,

Just ordered one (apparently tehre are 2 per pack).
I had an invisishield on my x1 before it went in for repair, so I thought it was easier to order a new one rather than try to put my invisishield back on.

buzz83

Dec 21, 2008
Newcastle
I really need one for my x1...ill wait til buzz gets his to decide, 25 bucks is kinda steep.

Got mine on Friday. Very quick postage to Australia.

I have only put on the screen protector so far, but from first impressions it seems to be far superior to my old invisishield.
The screen protector is made from a harder material and doesn't feel sticky to touch (like the invisishield). I actually prefer the feel of my screen with this on than without any screen protector.

I will post some pics after I get the rest of the shield on. Probably not until the end of the week.

Jester01

Oct 31, 2006
Tha Toon
Can anyone tell me if the screen protector part covers the whole screen as I've bought a SPUC one and there was a 2mm gap on the sides.

Thanks

n4v1n

Aug 3, 2008
What about the actual body shield? Is it as crappy as invisible shield, cause invisible shield was not made well at all for it, for example on the bezel, on the corners and the back side????

Henry_eue

Aug 6, 2008
Santiago
I have just got mine and i must say it´s geat, easy instalation and great covering (incluidng corners and whole back part). Great grip sensation, not sticky and the screen protector is very smooth to the touch and it fits perfect the sreen without leaving gaps between the protector and the screen ends. And the packages comes with two set in case you screw it the first time.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

pekvocey

Nov 6, 2006
I sticked it in my X1..

Thanks topic owner, SGP is the best one I used. At first, I put InvisibleShield, but when I use with finger, my nail scratched the shield, but no scratches at all on SGP.

notjoker

Dec 31, 2007
i just recieved mines and applied it. the screen fits on easily and perfectly, there aren't any gaps after applying the shield so you wont have to worry about any loose gaps. the body was a bit hard for me to put on because the pieces didn't fit perfectly. there's a bunch of gaps after applying the body and there wasn't a piece to protect the camera on the back from getting scratched. overall i like this shield because it gave me what i wanted, screen protector and some grip.

lakeside00

Dec 16, 2008
fl
i just recieved mines and applied it. the screen fits on easily and perfectly, there aren't any gaps after applying the shield so you wont have to worry about any loose gaps. the body was a bit hard for me to put on because the pieces didn't fit perfectly. there's a bunch of gaps after applying the body and there wasn't a piece to protect the camera on the back from getting scratched. overall i like this shield because it gave me what i wanted, screen protector and some grip.

could u pls upload a pic..thanks

loyjwe

May 3, 2009
im sorry but is everyone speaking up for SGP shield or the other site the manhattan thingy?

notjoker

Dec 31, 2007
okay i've been using the shield for the body for a while now and its starting to peel :(
i've already took off the front frame and i might take the rest off besides the back for the grip

salmonsushi

Dec 12, 2008
It would be good if someone uploads a picuture. How does it fit at the bottom (where the microphone and xpanel key is). That place seems to be a very narrow surface to stick the sheild on.