Battery Over Heating After Flashing Rom D:

Search This thread

Subu

Sep 22, 2009
Fort Worth!
So about a week ago i flashed the super eclair beta 3.0 on my MT3G.
it was working fine till one day i noticed my battery started over heating and the rom got really choppy.
than my battery died.
so i got a new battery
but tht wasnt the problem because i flashed a new rom and the same problem keeps happening
is there any solution?
and another is this in the rite place to post this?
sorry im new at this

garok89

Jun 24, 2009
East Kilbride
firstly, wrong section

secondly....are you overclocking your phone? running huge amounts of programs? using wifi-tether or some other high-data throughput applications?

if you answered yes to any of these - stop

cloverdale

Feb 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jbthemes.com
I am almost certain as to what this could be. My guess is that the ROM you are using has the 10MB RAM hack, and you are using an app of some kind using 3D rendering. This will cause almost the same issues.

R

r3s-rt

firstly, wrong section

secondly....are you overclocking your phone? running huge amounts of programs? using wifi-tether or some other high-data throughput applications?

if you answered yes to any of these - stop

that's not going to really do anything, man. my phone is constantly overclocked, and running a lot of applications. it stays on the charger more than it does off.

I am almost certain as to what this could be. My guess is that the ROM you are using has the 10MB RAM hack, and you are using an app of some kind using 3D rendering. This will cause almost the same issues.

i knew that made the battery die, didn't know it caused overheating? none-the-less i very much doubt it's overclocking or running applications. yes, it probably could cause it to overheat, but not so quickly and as intensely.

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
Well its not really the battery
its more like the bottom of the phone near the track ball

And that would be the location of the CPU.
Nothing to do with the battery.
Take the suggestions noted. Do not overclock. Do not wifi-tether.

The stock peak CPU speed is 384 MHz. Seems that most roms like to clock it over 500 MHz. There's a REASON why the stock speed is 384!! The faster it spins, the more power runs through it and the more HEAT it produces. If you want to run the thing that fast, you need MORE COOLING.