UPDATED!!! [[RELEASE]] Tornado Windows Mobile 6 ALPHA

Search This thread

malatyaspor

Jul 15, 2005
malatya
I have Tornado and I complied them. But now there is no three color Boot Screen. When I press power button or camera button there is only white screen :(

wayandrs

Aug 9, 2003
USA
I followed every page of the thread, and I'm running the Alpha right now.

Saw the Beta with the CPU issue, quite a while back... is there a downloadable working beta now?

All I find still is this : The link is now BROKEN as I have had to take down the ALPHA version to make way for the test BETA that I've made available to a few people for preliminary testing.

LOVE this port, btw. Contributing to the $$$ pot coming up, too. It made my phone the best I've ever used, no way I'll buy another for quite a while! You guys ROCK!

nav1

Apr 26, 2007
I followed every page of the thread, and I'm running the Alpha right now.

Saw the Beta with the CPU issue, quite a while back... is there a downloadable working beta now?

All I find still is this : The link is now BROKEN as I have had to take down the ALPHA version to make way for the test BETA that I've made available to a few people for preliminary testing.

LOVE this port, btw. Contributing to the $$$ pot coming up, too. It made my phone the best I've ever used, no way I'll buy another for quite a while! You guys ROCK!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=321408

gbell76

Mar 7, 2007
Flashing instructions are as follows:

NOTE: This will work on vista providing you have followed the Vista RUU guide HERE or HERE :)

For those getting the "Not Allow Operation" error in TeraTermPro, or, even worse, getting stuck in bootloader after flashing. You MUST superCID your device using the SPV-Sevices client! This step is NOT optional and could result in your phone becoming a brick if anything goes wrong

1. Make sure you device is SuperCID, you can check using the SPV Services client, if on reading the CID it displays 3131313131313131 in a long string of numbers then it IS CID unlocked, if not, the click the CID = 11111111 button and reset your device

2. Download the ROM linked in the first post

3. Download the attached TeraTermPro.zip

4. Disable USB connections in ActiveSync (right click the icon in the systray, then select connection settings and untick the USB connections box), turn off your device, hold camera ad plug the device into the USB port to enter bootloader mode.

5. Extract TeraTermPro.zip and run ttermpro.exe, then select Serial and then USB in the drop down box. Then type:
Code:
info 2

You will then probably get the following output:

Code:
info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
HTCSSuperCID        ' HTCE
Cmd>

If you don't see HTCSSuperCID ' HTCE above the Cmd> prompt then your device isn't SuperCID. You must use the SPV Services Client to make your device SuperCID as instructed in step 1

6. Type
Code:
format BINFS

This will then output:
Code:
Cmd>format BINFS
Format BinFS partition.
Format is completed!!

Cmd>

7. Now type:
Code:
ResetDevice

You device will then reboot, display the splash screen for around 2 seconds before running into the bootloader again. This is normal.

8. Extract WM6TornadoALPHA.zip then run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the RUU folder.

9. Wait while it flashes your device

10. Install the extras you want in the 'extra stuff' folder, I recommend you install comm manager, task manager and xT9 as these solve most of the WiFi and T9 icon issues people are expericencing

11. Done :D

Phil

Thank you!!

garojas

Jul 30, 2008
Windows Mobile 6

Hi everybody!!

anyone know from where can I download the windows mobile 6?

thanks,

garojas