FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

fastboot on our L9 with omap4boot

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 144
 
By sguerrini97, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2013, 04:45 PM |#111  
LaDY Vengeance's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 519
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

I wonder if this omap fastboot method could be used to trigger the bootloader unlock without having to wait 30 minutes after flashing the Euro_20b KDZ or better yet not even having to flash it?
If someone could try this and report back, after successfully getting a response on
fastboot devices

try
fastboot oem unlock

or
fastboot reboot oem-unlock


Anyone could try on the P769 Tmo?!

This tool has saved me many times. For some reason, I look at the screen and think that somehow this can be used to unlock the bootloader. I'm just not tech savvy enough to accomplish that. I will try that this weekend.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
7th September 2013, 10:26 PM |#112  
kuma82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrkoffjonson

After downloading the zip linked in the OP I found a dump batch file called 'dump_prada.bat' in the zip.

Took a look into it and modified it to work with our device to do an easy system wide dump.

It works, but only if you have an external sd card as our internal storage is too small to hold the files before transferring to the computer.

I'm attaching it as a .txt file- just rename it to full_dump.bat and run as admin.

Not taking any credit for the original script..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...53&postcount=1
@LaDY Vengeance I've sent you a pm
7th September 2013, 11:48 PM |#113  
Senior Member
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqDroid

my fastboot screen is inverted, any idea why?

this is normal on P769

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
12th September 2013, 07:36 PM |#114  
kseunder84's Avatar
Member
Flag Stoughton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No matter what I do, I cannot get fastboot drivers to install for my phone. I've tried several times. It just sits there at waiting for omap44xx device. I've done the steps right to the T, My computer makes the sound as something connected then disconnected, then connected again and then once again disconnected. I've watched under device manager but I see nothing coming up, even when I do view all devices.
12th September 2013, 08:32 PM |#115  
kuma82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseunder84

No matter what I do, I cannot get fastboot drivers to install for my phone. I've tried several times. It just sits there at waiting for omap44xx device. I've done the steps right to the T, My computer makes the sound as something connected then disconnected, then connected again and then once again disconnected. I've watched under device manager but I see nothing coming up, even when I do view all devices.

Check out Lelus thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41768774
and this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=1
Now if you see the omap44xx installed in two locations, like my screenshot & you see the inverted lg fastboot. Take the USB cable out and put it back in.
Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
12th September 2013, 08:38 PM |#116  
kseunder84's Avatar
Member
Flag Stoughton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82

Check out Lelus thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41768774
and this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=1
Now if you see the omap44xx installed in two locations, like my screenshot & you see the inverted lg fastboot. Take the USB cable out and put it back in.
Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

I've tried both of those links already, fastboot just will not boot for me. I've tried counting to 4 secs then putting battery, I've tried doing what someone else said and plugging in usb and putting battery in right away, I've tried just the usb cable. None of them will install fastboot.
13th September 2013, 04:32 AM |#117  
kuma82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseunder84

I've tried both of those links already, fastboot just will not boot for me. I've tried counting to 4 secs then putting battery, I've tried doing what someone else said and plugging in usb and putting battery in right away, I've tried just the usb cable. None of them will install fastboot.

Why do you need fastboot?
Have you installed the omap4430 driver once? What L9 model do you have? If I wait for 4 seconds it will not work for me. I have to put the battery in right away.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
13th September 2013, 05:07 AM |#118  
Senior Member
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sguerrini97

Looking in the omap4boot's files seems that it dumps "x" and "u" partitions (when it dumps the locked loader).
I will backup those partitions to have a possibility of restore with fastboot.

Should I follow the procedure for Prada P940?

Yes

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
13th September 2013, 05:37 AM |#119  
kseunder84's Avatar
Member
Flag Stoughton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82

Why do you need fastboot?
Have you installed the omap4430 driver once? What L9 model do you have? If I wait for 4 seconds it will not work for me. I have to put the battery in right away.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

I need fastboot because it's stuck at the LG Security Error and my computer does not detect it. I've tried installing omap4430 but it won't install, I've tried putting the battery in right away as well but still won't work for me. I have the Metro PCS LG Optimus L9 MS769. I wound up just taking it to Metro PCS and the guy put it in as a software problem and I've had the phone for a day so I'm still within 30 days he said, so I get a new one in 3-5 days for free.
26th September 2013, 09:25 PM |#120  
sagitariox20a's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag campeche
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
where is the files please help me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelus

You need to ask someone with same phone(rooted) model as yours ,running v20 to dump their uboot:

Code:
adb shell su -c busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/external_sd/p2.bin
and you can restore it by :
Code:
fastboot flash u-boot p2.bin


excuse me man. exactly where is located this files. I have the same problem with my p768g. sorry for my english. thanks
8th October 2013, 07:58 PM |#121  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
lg p760
i bricked my phone after cm 10.2 update and all i can do is to enter in fastboot mode ," omap 4430 in fastboot mode" it show in device manager .when i try to write a recovery image or x-loader or u-boot it say FAILED(remote partition does not exist) ,is there any way to repartition? thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes