By sguerrini97, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2014, 12:14 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sguerrini97

First of all, the thread about omap4boot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1971014
I didn't create this tool, I just found out a way to make it works with our phone, and maybe I'm not the first (tested under Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit).

What do you need:

• omap4boot, get it from original thread.
  1. Extract omap4boot archive somewhere like C:\omap4boot (I will use this path in the tutorial).
  2. Power off your phone and remove the battery.
  3. Connect your phone (still without the battery) to the PC.
  4. You will hear the sound of a new driver, then the sound of a driver when it disconnects continiusly.
  5. Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> "Manage".
  6. On the left column, click on "Device manager".
  7. You will see a device that appear and disappear under "Other/Unknown Devices".
  8. You must right click on the unknown device before it disappear, once clicked select "Driver Update". (You can use this tip to make the process easier http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51019004).
  9. Click on the second button (manually install driver) and insert the "usb_drv_windows" path (C:\omap4boot\usb_drv_windows) and install the driver.
  10. Disconnect the phone from the PC and power it off.
  11. Open a command prompt (Win+R, type cmd and press Enter).
  12. Type the following command in the command prompt:
    Code:
    cd C:\omap4boot
    start-fastboot.bat
  13. Now input 3 (Prada 3.0 P940) and press enter.
  14. Plug the phone without battery to the PC, when the tool says "Wait 5 seconds" put the battery in your phone.
    (The first time that you do this, you have to install the drivers again. Repeat step 9)
  15. At the other prompts answer always "N", this could be important.

Now you can use fastboot on L9 Next times you can start from step 12.

(the red rettangle isn't important here )

Sorry for my english, if someone wants to review the tutorial just send me a PM.

please someone explain step number 13, i dont understand
please... :'(

6th October 2014, 01:30 PM |#202  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirul_up

please someone explain step number 13, i dont understand
please... :'(

You have to press 3 and ENTER when the menu appears.
7th October 2014, 05:22 PM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Anyone found a method for windows 8.1?
2nd April 2015, 03:46 AM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
"At the other prompts answer always "N", this could be important."

But I answered yes to replacing Prada uboot for my lg p768 that didn't load recovery 6.0.4.8; and after that I have a phone that shows nothing even LG Logo!

anyone can help?
3rd April 2015, 08:01 PM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Omap4boot is not necessary. In fact you can do everything with the LG drivers, as long as u use stock rom. And probably no Windows newer than Seven, as Win8.1 has some general usb related problems. With a custom rom u need the usb drivers from the Google SDK for Fastboot and Adb, and the Lg drivers for Download mode and tethering, as they provide virtual com ports and modem, while no longer recognizing the phone in all other situations. Same goes for all LG software.
The Following User Says Thank You to lecorbusier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lecorbusier Ad-Free
8th June 2015, 07:28 PM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
problem
Does somebody know why when i insert the command in cmd it says back : 'start-fastboot.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file. ?
8th June 2015, 10:47 PM |#207  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,304

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbalan123

Does somebody know why when i insert the command in cmd it says back : 'start-fastboot.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file. ?

When issuing a command line command without specifying a full path to the file to execute make sure you change directories to the folder where the script/executable you want to run is located.

Your error message is because the system can't find the script in question with in the environments path. This applies to Linux as well as Windows.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
9th June 2015, 06:34 AM |#208  
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbalan123

To learn the DOS ..
9th June 2015, 06:56 AM |#209  

More
There's an old tool fore the L9 here, somewhere, with a graphical Interface, which can unlock the bootloader and install several recoveries, if it's that what u want. For mire spohisticated operations, learn the DOS AND the UNIX/Linux. Oldskool stuff, with manually entering paths, employing environment variables and such. Mi no gustet, too.
1st June 2016, 11:18 AM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP!!!
windows 10 having problems device manager it is not recognized as other devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (479).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	3768807  
1st June 2016, 07:29 PM |#211  

More
I wouldn't even get to this point with the phone in Fastboot mode. Now you can manually assign drivers for good. Up to Win8.1 from the two categories "ADB interfaces" and "Android phone", but in Win10 seemingly only one of them has survived, containing fewer drivers. Drivers which appear in the other category in older Windows seem unavailable, even if you just installed them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)