Latest HD2 WP7 News

Search This thread

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
That was in regards to whats in the updates. I suppose there will be an update from DFT. Unexpected glitches from Official could possibly do something undesirable. Either way im sure it will probably released by DFT once they get their hands on the official rom

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
What i most miss in WP7 is the copy\past lack

i need this:

wp7copypasteofficial.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Mw3Wvy-5U&feature=player_embedded

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Windows Phone 7 backup and restore coming for first update

Tom Warren

6 hours ago, 9 Comments

Microsoft has confirmed that it is planning to implement full backup and restore functionality with Windows Phone 7 for its first platform update.

Matt Akers, program manager on the Zune software client team, confirmed the introduction of backup and restore functions in a recent Windows Phone Radio podcast. Speaking on the podcast, spotted by WMPoweruser, Akers explained that Microsoft will introduce a full backup of Windows Phone 7 devices prior to an update being applied. Microsoft’s previous platform, Windows Mobile 6.5, required a full wipe of the system and did not offer any backup services. Windows Phone 7 will take a different stance and ensure all data is kept on the phone post update.

All settings and data is backed up and Akers explains: “any time that we prepare to do an update, which you guys will see soon, we will make a backup of your phone. The entire phone, everything on it.” Akers confirms that if something were to go wrong with the update then Microsoft can easily roll users back to a perfect state. After the update all settings and data will remain intact thanks to the backup and restore process. To hear the full details on the Windows Phone 7 backup/restore functionality, watch the video below. Although the backup/restore function appears to be for only updates, one would hope Microsoft extends this in future.

Microsoft is planning to release a Windows Phone 7 OS update in early 2011. Microsoft is officially saying that the update is due in early 2011 but WinRumors understands the software giant is closing to RTMing the first update, codenamed “NoDo”. Windows Phone 7 is a key part of Microsoft’s long term mobile strategy and we expect the software giant to detail a second bigger update in February at the Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona, Spain. Microsoft’s second update will introduce enhanced developer controls for applications and updated Silverlight components.

Microsoft has also promised performance enhancements for its first update. Microsoft officially detailed its intentions for the first Windows Phone 7 update at CES 2011 last week. The company is planning to address missing copy and paste functionality, better marketplace search and improved performance for applications and games. WinRumors sat down with Greg Sullivan of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 team to talk mobile at CES. Sullivan explained that the first update will simply improve application start-up and resume times. Microsoft has been teasing build 7.0.7353.0 of Windows Phone 7 at CES to show off some of the performance improvements (see video). Microsoft is expected to release the update in early February to existing devices.

Read more: http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-7-backup-and-restore-coming-in-first-update/#ixzz1BDlzvgxb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RW1ra4m_bg&feature=player_embedded

Pica_Man

Nov 21, 2008
@pack21,

do you think the MS patch/update will work on top of the Leo70 rom? i'm thinking it may just brick it.

Joe Viterbo

Nov 16, 2010
OK, I think WP7 is brilliant. Definitely my favorite mobile OS now. It’s a shame MS didn’t get this to market sooner. It’s blazing fast, battery life is insane, and it’s very easy to navigate. Love the simple graphics and how everything flows.

I purchased my HD2 outright, so moving to an HD7 isn’t an option unless T-Mobile wants to give me a free upgrade, which isn’t going to happen.

LIVE services are a must. I know there is a temporary workaround but I suspect MS will clamp down on this soon. Does anyone know if the amazing Dev team is working on an alternate solution? Timing?

Last edited:

marbab

May 14, 2010
i got WP7 on htc hd2, tried everything to activate it, finally succeeded, but am i missing something, now i cannot install any software from market place like htc hub etc, please help , additional zune is not downloading in windows 7 64bit, any issuewith that?

aparich

Aug 14, 2009
Pinch to zoom acting funny

Hey guys - installed WP7 on my TMO HD2, works great except for the pinch to zoom. Anyone else running into this issue?

Reactions: invincible don1

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Dude search and you will find.

You honestly think I haven't tried searching? moron.

One solution creates another problem, this is very counterproductive.

Well i spent approx 3+ hours trying to get everything working with live services and apps. What makes you special? Its ALL been covered!!!

To the other poster

In some cases you need to unlock your phone with chewron to be able to install apps. Dont know why it happens but its the only workaround

Also pinch to zoom works perfect here.

Remember most of these issues are cause by the wrong SD card being used. As WP7 wasnt inteded to be working with other memory than the one tested and supplied with the device

As before its all been covered. Look at HD2 WP7 section and XDA WP7 section

Last edited:

romperstomper

Oct 4, 2005
LIVE services are a must. I know there is a temporary workaround but I suspect MS will clamp down on this soon. Does anyone know if the amazing Dev team is working on an alternate solution? Timing?

BTW... MS is now requestion the phone's IMEI# before providing an activation code. Any other options? :(

Activation is all that stops the Live Services working.

MS asked for my IMEI and name/email etc. I gave it all to them, said the phone was an HTC HD7, got an activation code after waiting on hold for around 10mins and it worked with no problems.

The phone now identifies itself as an HD7 in the Marketplace and in the Zune software on the PC.

Everything on the phone now works perfectly. Not a single issue so far.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Any other UK'er managed to sign into Zune marketplace on there PC. Have checked my PC is showing as US region and my live id is registered as US but when tryin to sign in it errors that my sign in details dont match my computers region and to change it!

Any ideas?

Because you most likely had it set to US on phone when activating mayeb.

There is a simple solution this though, first try changing region, if that doesnt solve simply use a VPN then you will show as a US IP address.

Try HotSpot Shield.

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Try changing the region on zune and your phone to UK. I did it on the first launch so no probs here.

Regarding activation my phone is saying the same :) its recognised as HTC HD7 T9292 in the about section :) Thought that only kicks in when you sideload the HTC Hub :)

Pretty happy with it. Didnt find the lack of copy paste yet. Only time i was disappointed when i was going through my twitter and clicked on a flash video link and it didnt work lol. Wish it would bring ya straight to the youtube app like on Android

aparich

Aug 14, 2009
Yeah the pinch to zoom issue not a deal breaker by any stretch. Be nice if there was a fix for it though - seemed to be working crazy smooth on some of the video by other folks. Maybe its a TMO HD2 deal...

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?
    * correction: Arkanoid, not pong

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.
    *correction: No new video, just old one

**Update: 1/12/2011
    -really great videos in post #33, thank you user, lukmakachi
    -There has been a release on DFT - lots of users are reporting actual testing of WP7, we seem to be on the verge of an official release VERY SOON
    -Windows Live services DO NOT WORK ie: zune, marketplace, xbox live (not really new info but it has been confirmed by users reporting here)
    -32gb sd card is confirmed working

**Update: 1/13/2011
    -As many already know, there has been a release on the chinese DFT forums, if you want it try google search - Mods are threating bans if you post links so watch yourself!
    -[Confirmed working]HowTo actvate your wp7/HD2 Live services. original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=911579
    -For help with this awesome release check out the wp7 forums here - lots of useful info http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=606

All hail DFT!
    * Thank you babyyim000 for the source information!!!
    * Most of all Thank you DFT and cotulla for all the hard work!!!
    I've been browsing the chinese DFT forums and it seems that they are getting more updates on WP7 for HD2's than us. The google translations are a bit rough and I don't know chinese, but here's what I think is going on.

1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.

Again, I don't speak chinese and the translations are rough so I could be mistaken but it seems progress is being made, albeit a bit slowly :/ maybe a chinese speaker can elaborate?

original source here http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.darkforcesteam.com.cn/&ei=NkwtTcdPwqqUB4PJjd8L&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddarkforcesteam%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns

it is not “pinball” game,it is Arkanoid:D
    Preemptive strike!!

Though it hasn't gone off topic just yet, threads like this are notorious for personal information being leaked, users getting flamed and severely off-topic discussion.

Don't let this happen guys. As long as the thread remains civil and on-topic, the thread will remain open but if it goes astray, I WILL be closing it.

Just a general warning to all...

-dh
    I called and said i have an HTC HD2 with WP7 on it, and she gave me a code and said "thank you, be sure to tell your friends about it"
    and she also said my code will be good for my live acc on any device for now on.

Don't need to say anything more about that XD.
    Ok.. Seems my first warning wasn't enough. This is not the place to discuss illegal activities such as cracking pvk on WP7. I'm not going to deny that it is being done but it is surely going to create a problem at some point down the road. I would like to prevent it as long as possible so please keep this discussion private or take it else where.

This thread is in regards to the WP7 release via the DFT and updates from them. Not unofficial news regarding illegal activities.