Yellow spot on the screen!!

Search This thread

MR_ANA

Aug 17, 2010
Hi
I just got my nexus 7, and after few hour of using it I have noticed a yellow spot or tint in my screen at the bottom left corner.
its visible on white backgrounds.
im gonna go to store tomorrow and see if I can get a new unit.
UPDATE: I uploaded a pic of it
does anyone have the same issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: ANDR0lD

sabre31

Aug 28, 2010
What store did you buy it from? I seen a lot of complaints about this from folks who purchased at retail stores. Mine was purchase from Google and still waiting on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

MR_ANA

Aug 17, 2010
Got it from Sam's club.
I only have the problem when I use the device for long time. I was charging it for couple hours then when I turned it on the screen was fine but after 15 minutes of reading the spots came back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mrich137

Nov 8, 2010
Chicago
Got it from Sam's club.
I only have the problem when I use the device for long time. I was charging it for couple hours then when I turned it on the screen was fine but after 15 minutes of reading the spots came back.

I got two from sams in IL. Didn't notice any problems on either of em. At least not yet

gmikesell

Jun 28, 2012
I also got mine from Sams last Friday (Mckinney, Texas) and its perfect with no issues or blemishes. Well, except for having to find a work around for Flash, but that goes without saying. Lol A little fiddling around fixed that though.

MR_ANA

Aug 17, 2010
These are the pics
U can see the tint on the bottom left also on the whole left edge of the screen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342466912155.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342466912155.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,020
  • uploadfromtaptalk1342466926629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342466926629.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 955

wiithepeng

Sep 20, 2010
The unit I got from Sams is fine. Sad to see yours isn't. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

MR_ANA

Aug 17, 2010
I just exchanged it. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342471906610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342471906610.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 559

MR_ANA

Aug 17, 2010
I went back to Sam's club and they looked at the device and saw the yellow spots on the screen. It took me 15 minutes to walk out of the door with a new unit.
Let's hope this doesn't happen to anyone.

ulmerkotten

Aug 21, 2010
This was the first thing i noticed when using my Nexus 7 for a couple of hours. Two spots in two corners, very noticeble with white background.

However I remember hearing about other devices with LCD screens having the same problem initially (iphone 4 one of the devices if I remember) but would dissapear over time. So I thought I would give it some time.

The next day I couldn't see any of the spots and I've not seen it since. This was two weeks ago.

selectormoldy

May 14, 2009
Boston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This was the first thing i noticed when using my Nexus 7 for a couple of hours. Two spots in two corners, very noticeble with white background.

However I remember hearing about other devices with LCD screens having the same problem initially (iphone 4 one of the devices if I remember) but would dissapear over time. So I thought I would give it some time.

The next day I couldn't see any of the spots and I've not seen it since. This was two weeks ago.

Mine seem to get worse the longer I use the device. I called support and they are issuing me an RMA for "yellowing", but the cart-link system was down and I was instructed to call again tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    I just got my nexus 7, and after few hour of using it I have noticed a yellow spot or tint in my screen at the bottom left corner.
    its visible on white backgrounds.
    im gonna go to store tomorrow and see if I can get a new unit.
    UPDATE: I uploaded a pic of it
    does anyone have the same issue?