Transformer Prime available in UK Pre-Order at Clove

Search This thread

Philosoma

Nov 10, 2008
England
Not really the best launch of a product.. Just got this from Clove

You recently placed a pre-order for the ASUS Transformer Prime, for this we thank you.

We are contacting you today to let you know that for the time being, the product has been removed from our website until further notice because of confusion over which models will be available in the UK upon launch.

Please do not be concerned. We have not yet charged you for the item and you still retain your position in the queue. Your order remains live and will not be cancelled.

As soon as the situation changes and there is more clarity, we shall be in contact again, this will most likely be in the new year.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

JTHM

Aug 10, 2005
Northants
Not really the best launch of a product.. Just got this from Clove

Yeah, I just got this too. It seams that Asus is either in complete disarray or their marketing communications are shockingly poor. Maybe they've underestimated the hype/demand that the TP would generate, but whatever, not to be in a position to state what version of the product will be made available in which market at launch when retailers are champing at the bit to take pre-orders, and likewise consumers to place them, in that market isn't very bright.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

coolbomb

Aug 28, 2010
I also got that email...

And I think the "models for the UK", is BS. The models will be the same for everyone...

32GB/64GB...

And a 3G version in the long future...

I'm getting very tired of this transformer prime bs, and I hate ASUS for not giving any messages to the custerms...

lancer3397

Nov 12, 2011
Leeds
bit disappointing to be fair. I hoped that with the TP launching in the UK and europe in January this mess of pre-orders, cancellations, dates shifting etc would have been avoided. it appears not.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

so where else can we now pre-order in the UK. I can't find it at any of the usual suspects.

slef2003

Aug 6, 2010
Norwich
Ebuyer Taking Pre Orders UK

Asus Prime TF201 Tablet PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com

top link for for champagne version

£500 for 32Gb model with dock

Much cheaper than the other UK site... LOL

Ebuyer taking pre orders from 9.00 am today woo woo:)

Reactions: Mithent

Philosoma

Nov 10, 2008
England
A snippet from another email from Clove:

ASUS have also indicated that the sale price will be £499.99 inclusive of VAT and we understand that this is below our advertised website price and are in discussions with ASUS over the final price we will be able to sell this product for.
They better be lowering the price to at least £499 or else I will cancel it too!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tis on the amazon Germany website and in gold (or should I say bubbly colour) at 600 Euro which would still be cheaper than clove, though I have registered my interest with them!!

I have a mate who can speak German visiting tomorrow so will get him to check out the webpage and not rely on google translate lol

you do realise the german version is an AZERTY keyboard right?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

pre-ordered my 32gb champagne with dock last night. roll on january.
    Ebuyer Taking Pre Orders UK

top link for for champagne version

£500 for 32Gb model with dock

Much cheaper than the other UK site... LOL

Ebuyer taking pre orders from 9.00 am today woo woo:)