FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+]

11,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,778

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th May 2011, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2011, 12:46 AM |#101  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 83

More
I do know that this is in italian, but you can just look at how the games are processed by the GS2.

Thank you chainfire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSAJptywT8Q

24th May 2011, 01:14 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks.. This made the games launch faster too..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
24th May 2011, 01:28 AM |#103  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
1.3 released
Update to version 1.3. Added automatic BGRA <--> RGBA conversion depending on hardware capabilities.
24th May 2011, 01:33 AM |#104  
Flag kent uk
Thanks Meter: 19

More
you are a GENIUS. thanks very much currently playing various unsupported gameson sgs2
24th May 2011, 01:43 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Update to version 1.3. Added automatic BGRA <--> RGBA conversion depending on hardware capabilities.

Awesome. One app suggestion for Pro key users - for per-app basis config section, would you be able to add a grouping for apps that *have* a CF3D per-app config setup? Would be easier to manage and figure out which apps have been configured to use CF3D and which haven't. Thanks!

One question - how does "Fix Market" work? Does it just set your market ID to masquerade as a Tegra 2 device, or..?

Also, some slight feedback - Dungeon Defenders (using Qualcomm plugin for "Desire" (well my old HD2) data files) launches to menu and renders fine, but I get a black screen after about 15-20 secs. Pressing the back menu key causes the quit dialog to appear (and I can see DunDef in the background behind the pop up), but if I press "No" it just goes back to the black screen.

Will try more 3d apps and report back on compatibility. Amazing work! (and to whoever wrote those plugins... thanks )
24th May 2011, 01:52 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

Hi Chainfire,

Automatic BGRA <--> RGBA conversion is not working for me on my SGSII. It seems to flip the color around when it's not supposed to.

Is there a way to disable this?
24th May 2011, 01:55 AM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
No, but it'll be fixed in under an hour Stupid typo in final compile, doh.

That's what you get when you try updating in the middle of the night, lol

EDIT: Should now be fixed, v1.4 in Market, let me know
24th May 2011, 02:09 AM |#108  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is amazing! Bought the pro version before even testing it myself.

I'm not sure if this is because of the plugin or the CF3D-drivers, but the 3d behind the menu in Sacred Odyssey (SGS-version, using powervr-plugin) renders just fine, but when trying to start a new game it freezes and crashes one or two seconds later.

Using a SGS2.

Thanks a lot Chainfire! Keep up the good work.
24th May 2011, 02:11 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

No, but it'll be fixed in under an hour Stupid typo in final compile, doh.

That's what you get when you try updating in the middle of the night, lol

EDIT: Should now be fixed, v1.4 in Market, let me know

Haven't tested anything much, but the colors are back to normal. I no longer have an orange Application shortcut nor a blue colored sun on my AccuWeather.com widget.
24th May 2011, 02:11 AM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebum

Awesome. One app suggestion for Pro key users - for per-app basis config section, would you be able to add a grouping for apps that *have* a CF3D per-app config setup? Would be easier to manage and figure out which apps have been configured to use CF3D and which haven't. Thanks!

One question - how does "Fix Market" work? Does it just set your market ID to masquerade as a Tegra 2 device, or..?

Also, some slight feedback - Dungeon Defenders (using Qualcomm plugin for "Desire" (well my old HD2) data files) launches to menu and renders fine, but I get a black screen after about 15-20 secs. Pressing the back menu key causes the quit dialog to appear (and I can see DunDef in the background behind the pop up), but if I press "No" it just goes back to the black screen.

Will try more 3d apps and report back on compatibility. Amazing work! (and to whoever wrote those plugins... thanks )

Re: the app list; I'll look into it. Might be something that goes into the next version Had actually thought about it, but haven't gotten to implementing it.

Re: fix market; no, it does not fake Tegra. Chainfire3D is plugin based. OpenGL works with providing "feature identifiers". Fix market simply tells market which features Chainfire3D itself + the installed plugins provide. However, you will still have to configure whatever you download correctly, because not everything Chainfire3D tells Market your device has will be available for each plugin (that depends on the plugin code... and I didn't write those plugins, so I can't be certain what/who/where...)

As for Dungeon Defenders on your device, sorry, but there is very little to be said about it. Chainfire3D does some compatibility stuff, but it can't do magic. Your device needs enough free RAM, your chipset needs to provide certain features, etc. Exactly what will differ per app. The first thing to try, however, is go into app-specific config, disable all features except selecting a plugin, and the ONLY select "reduce texture quality". One thing is for sure, Dungeon Defenders is one of the heaviest games there is... it won't run without a fight
24th May 2011, 02:18 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks Chain..

Possible to upload version 1.2 as attachment?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chainfire3d

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)