June 14 09 gullum shift roms WM 6.1(new) & 6.5 with phone

Search This thread

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
New version of WM 6.1 uploaded June 14 09

I havn't had any real internet connection for months so I couldn't get eny new build's for some time.
I also am without work so I can't aford getting an proper internet connection so my updates wan't be often as the only internet I have most of the time is GPRS.

anyway here you have a WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 rom with phone working thanks to Cmonex

the WM6.5 is mostly just a test and mighty not be good for day to day usage yet because of the memory usage of WM6.5 only around 10 mb free ram.
I do think I can make some changes to the better so the 6.5 rom can become more useable because wm 6.5 is running nice and fast on shift and it's also the rom I will like to continu working on for my personal use

in the next week or 2 I'll gather as much info from you so when I get back here (Parents hous only place I can have good internet) in 2 weeks I'll hopefully have a better rom for you and all bugs might be ironed out

WM 6.5 apps:

Connections folder:
ActiveSync (apeares to do not open)
GPS Router
HTC GPS Tools
Internet Sharing
Internet Explorer

Multimedia Folder:
Java
Pictures & Videos
RSS Hub
Windows Media

Tools Folder:
Advanced Task Manager
Favorite People (editor for titanium plugin)
Pocket RAR
Sim Manager
SoftReset
USB Tool

Office Mobile Folder:
HTC Calculator
Notes
Tasks
Excel Mobile
Word Mobile
PovwerPoint Mobile

Free ram (Osios Hibernate 1.4)
MS Task Manager

Titanium today:
Quick Launcher (made by me)
ATFavepeople (picture dialer contacts quick launcher)
Default titanium clock
All Mesages tabs in one
Calendar

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WM 6.1 apps:

Connections folder:
ActiveSync
GPS Router
HTC GPS Tools
Internet Sharing
Internet Explorer

Multimedia Folder:
Java
Pictures & Videos
Windows Media

Tools Folder:
Pocket RAR
Sim Manager
SoftReset
USB Tool

Office Mobile Folder:
HTC Calculator
Notes
Tasks
Excel Mobile
Word Mobile
PowerPoint Mobile

Free ram (Osios Hibernate 1.4)
MS Task Manager

Snapvue today Plugin

HTC topaz qwerty keyboard (Need to select touch input again once for it to aligne right and Xt9 is not working)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Downloads

Radio rom: 1.27.35.28 Download for making the phone function

(If you have used thaihugo or i00 roms you should already have the radio rom needed.)

gullum shift wn 6.1 Download CE OS 5.2.21046(build 21046.1.6.3)

gullum shift wn 6.5 Download CE OS 5.2.21234(build 21234.5.0.1)

Older versions
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

gullum shift wn 6.1 Download CE OS 5.2.21042(build 21042.1.6.1)

Special thanks to
Cmonex for lots of stuff mainly phone functionalerty
pof for CustomRUU
thaihugo and i00 (I've some of the stuff from their roms)
bepe and ervius for the new visualkitchen
all other devs that have made the tools I use unfutrunaly I can't remember or know their names:(

Last edited:

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
well I might need this one

Bugs:

Bouth roms
no icon in taskbar for conection status eg. E or G

WM 6.1 only

WM 6.5 only
ActiveSync icon in Connection folder does nothing (Restarting you device should fix it reported by shaytaan)

Last edited:

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
Thanks a million.

Coiuld you tell us in your #1 posting if it's snapvue enabled, and which programs are installed on both versions ?

I'm going to install your WM6.5 first, and will send any bigs found in the 6.1 (as 6.5 is more or less just for play)

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a million.

Coiuld you tell us in your #1 posting if it's snapvue enabled, and which programs are installed on both versions ?

I'm going to install your WM6.5 first, and will send any bigs found in the 6.1 (as 6.5 is more or less just for play)

I'll update post 1 later tonight when my son has falen asleep

snapvue today plug is in the wm 6.1 if thats what you meen
wm 6.5 has a customiced titanium

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
The 6.5 ROM has no ActiveSYnc possibility. The icon fails to launch.

"the file MSSYNCAPP" cannot be opened, not trusted, or components not found..."

Flashing 6,1 now :)

Tip : Forget the SIM autoconfigure, it will save some space.

nmhusa

Mar 8, 2006
CDMA ROM needed

Any chance of making this work on the CDMA Shift ??? I am not sure why, but I am stuck in the bootloader despite a hard reset. The only rom that installs properly is the one that left me in this fix. Any CDMA folks out there, or someone with a GSM rom that knows what is needed to switch it to a CDMA compatible version ?

shaytaan

Jan 8, 2004
Just installed v6.5, and IT IS FANTASTIC
I like it very much, thanks alot gullum

<lucid> ActiveSYnc works, you have to restart your device

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
In the 6.1 ROM, the TASKS icon fails to launch, even after a soft reset,
thanks for the update on activesync on 6.5 version.

As I need GPS to be duplexed to to Vista, I recommend putting GPS2Blue in, but you have to ask the authors of that program, like ThaiHugo did.

For the WM 6.5 rom, the home screen font's is a little big. I tried setting it smaller via screen, text size but won't work.

All in all good to see your ROM's. Let's hope one of these days the secret comes out on SD access.

Caid444

Nov 29, 2008
Can someone host these on rapidshare? If they're hosted once, I'll host them on my account as well to get more links for them up. I'm unable to open mediafire.com from China. All the help would be greatly appreciated. ;) Thanks again.

Caid.

Bradaland

Apr 18, 2009
Hampton, NH
I installed 6.5 last night. It works fine for me!
Looks EXCELLENT Gullum!

If you have any internet troubles, check your ISP/WAP settings
My ATT added 2 sets of settings, one incorrect, one half correct (so both wrong, but an easy fix by changing the Username)

Some questions:
Is there a way to add to the "Quick Links" to edit the program list?

Also, Is the Network Folder via Connections available in ROM or should we add it manually? (The one in Age of Reason is simple to use)

Also, as far as hosting, I have a server with unlimited bandwidth (just limited storage of 60 GB) that I can host some files as a straight download if that helps in anyway, jus PM me and I can give you access to upload to it.

gigino

Nov 6, 2003
London
Hey,

could anybody be kind enough to comment on this version of WM 6.5.

If I install it on my shift well it run ok how much memory do I have? and how much storage well they be available?

Can I install this rom with windows 7 or well it cause problems.

At the moment I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 and it runs ok and I'm running WM 6.1 created by Thaihugo and thats running ok nas well but I would like to try WM 6.5.

Any comment and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gigino

shaytaan

Jan 8, 2004
Hey,

could anybody be kind enough to comment on this version of WM 6.5.

If I install it on my shift well it run ok how much memory do I have? and how much storage well they be available?

Can I install this rom with windows 7 or well it cause problems.

At the moment I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 and it runs ok and I'm running WM 6.1 created by Thaihugo and thats running ok nas well but I would like to try WM 6.5.

Any comment and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gigino

Everything works great on wm 6.5 using window 7 rc

pctan1584

Apr 5, 2004
Can't make acivesync to work. Have tried restarting snapview several times but still get the "the file MSSYNCAPP" cannot be opened, not trusted, or components not found"

Top Liked Posts