758 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,630

By atis112, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th February 2013, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2013, 09:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Clock 720 p recordings
Great work and a great contribution to hdx community...
A req! Can u plz add 720p recording in next ver.
11th February 2013, 12:36 PM |#12  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 697

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavagg16

Great work and a great contribution to hdx community...
A req! Can u plz add 720p recording in next ver.

not a kernel feature requires correct media codecs.

Edit : @Dev congrats First custom kernel for this device(max safe oc for this processor is 1.2 GHz just saying) also a request can you add ROW IO sheduler heard its better than SIO also PegasusQ/D governer.In next release.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Passenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark Passenger Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 03:40 PM |#13  
Flag Lahore, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 4,544

More
Thumbs up hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by atis112

I didn't edit the ramdisk yet, but i will add init.d support in next version.
I don't mind it. Just don't forget credits.

my work on cm10 boot was stuck on ramdisk issue. i posted a last_kmsg which showed that kernel booted but ramdisk had issues.
i dont understand kernel issues very well, but hope to get it working now that you are here. i'll ask for ur help from time to time.
plus, i want to take permission to use ur kernel tree for building cm9/10 from source. dont wanna use prebuilt now.

last thing, what is the difference between an ics n jb kernel, exactly what needs to be modified to make it work?....

thanks
11th February 2013, 03:47 PM |#14  
Flag Pune

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME

my work on cm10 boot was stuck on ramdisk issue. i posted a last_kmsg which showed that kernel booted but ramdisk had issues.
i dont understand kernel issues very well, but hope to get it working now that you are here. i'll ask for ur help from time to time.
plus, i want to take permission to use ur kernel tree for building cm9/10 from source. dont wanna use prebuilt now.

last thing, what is the difference between an ics n jb kernel, exactly what needs to be modified to make it work?....

thanks

Ramdisk(sorry couldnt resist) among other things but for initial booting ramdisk.

PS might not be the best person to answer though...
11th February 2013, 04:14 PM |#15  
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 730

More
Re: [KERNEL]Tweaked kernel 1.0[10/02/2013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger

not a kernel feature requires correct media codecs.

Edit : @Dev congrats First custom kernel for this device(max safe oc for this processor is 1.5GHz just saying) also a request can you add ROW IO sheduler heard its better than SIO also PegasusQ/D governer.In next release.

Thank you.

Qualcomm S4 Play is made for speed 1-1.2GHz, and that's the safe range of frequencies. Remember that this is ARM-cortex A5 not Krait, and more than 1.2 can really harm it.
The Following User Says Thank You to nlooooo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nlooooo Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 04:36 PM |#16  
Flag Lahore, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 4,544

More
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger

Ramdisk(sorry couldnt resist) among other things but for initial booting ramdisk.

PS might not be the best person to answer though...

I know ramdisk, but let me rephrase my question, what exactly (in ramdisk) needs to be modified and how, to make it work on jb. Anyways, i'm still figuring things out by trial n error so progress is very very slow. The logcat was the only thing i ever got to which showed the cm10 logo as well but then, everything MESSED up. Havent been able to replicate that result since.
11th February 2013, 04:58 PM |#17  
Flag Beograd, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Re: [KERNEL]Tweaked kernel 1.0[10/02/2013]
Can you include this?? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37683529

Sent from my HTC branded muffin...
11th February 2013, 05:23 PM |#18  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME

thanks

The difference isn't just in ics and jb. the difference is in cm and sense ramdisk too. I don't know what need modify yet, but i will start the work with cm later when i have enough free time.
Feel free to use my sources.
The Following User Says Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atis112 Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 06:29 PM |#19  
Flag Pune

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo

Qualcomm S4 Play is made for speed 1-1.2GHz, and that's the safe range of frequencies. Remember that this is ARM-cortex A5 not Krait, and more than 1.2 can really harm it.

my bad edited.seems mixed it up.
11th February 2013, 06:54 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thumbs up
So happy to hear such good news for the DesireX! Finally the developing for this device is becoming richer first of all, thank you for this custom kernel and thanks nexus prime for his effort to port the CM series I'm not an expert but yeah, sense and AOSP/AOKP Roms need different kernels. To learn more I think that Dennis Rassmann (the creator of the famous Bricked kernel series) or faux can answer your question about ramdisk, if you contact them (they are really kind and gentle). After that I would like to ask if it's possible to add the useful sweep2wake function to this kernel, in future. For now, good work guys, never give up!!!
12th February 2013, 09:43 AM |#21  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 29

More
good work thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)