[ROM][4.3]ProtouProject-CM10.2 Alpha #1[05/08/2013]

758 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,630

By atis112, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th August 2013, 12:33 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Quote:

Please post all non-dev questions and discussions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2392703

CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
*/

Requirements:
Unlocked bootloader
CWM recovery installed

Install:
Download the rom
Extract the boot.img
Copy the rom to your sdcard
Go to recovery and flash the rom
Wipe data
Reboot to bootloader/fastboot
Install boot.img with fastboot ---> fastboot flash boot boot.img
Reboot and enjoy!

Sources:
I share the source code, but i have some requests:

Please don't use my work without my permission.
If you have some fixes, don't open a new thread. Just make pull request, write me PM, or share it in this thread.

All sources avaliable here: https://github.com/ProtouProject
Use this for init the repo: "repo init -u git://github.com/ProtouProject/android.git -b cm-10.2"

Credits:
@sakindia123
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atis112 Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:34 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Working:
Touchscreen
Lights
GSM & data
Camera
Sensors

Not working:
SD card
Bluetooth
Wifi
Audio
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atis112 Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:35 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Changelog:

alpha 1.0:
First release
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atis112 Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:36 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Support:
If you would like to support me and the development, you can donate to me here:
Donators: (Thank you guys )

@vogonpoetlaureate
@simaka
@eagle_vis
@RuudM
@azraelcelt
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atis112 Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 02:57 PM |#5  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 612

More
Ok guys,i managed somehow to turn on the Bluetooth and connect it to my moms Nokia. But then i tried to replicate it and now it won't turn on.
Here is the logcat and you can see on the bottom that it connected. http://pastebin.com/PaDuCZiB

Camera crashes on start and Focal is working but crashes when i take a picture. That is probbably because of the SD problem.
No sound,no wifi,i didn't test the gps. Rom is fast,but some animations are laging.
@atis112 i see in the source that you did some changes to BT did you fix it ?

EDIT 3,i think. xD

#define BTM_DEF_LOCAL_NAME in bdroid_buildcfg.h is set as "HTC Explorer A310e" , i mean it's not really a bugfix but i think that BT deservs the name of our device.

EDIT 4 :

So i checked the bt_vendor.conf and there was a file in /system/etc/firmware/ named BCM4330B1_002.001.003.0221.0228.hcd but when i checked on the phone it was named something like BCM4330B1_002.001.003.08xx.08xx.hcd,can't remember correctly. So i renamed it and when i rebooted the bt was on. But when i turn it off it won't turn on again unless i reboot the phone.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nightwalkerkg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nightwalkerkg Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 04:53 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5,265

Donate to Me
More
@nightwalkerkg Congrats.. we are on the same stage in cm10.1
@atis112 did u make changes to protou.fstab to support sdcard mounting? I have heard that there are new changes in 4.3 and vold.fstab is removed.. One more thing, where did u get that ramdisk from? it seems little buggy to me...
5th August 2013, 04:58 PM |#7  
Flag Kragujevac

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype-U

@atis112 did u make changes to protou.fstab to support sdcard mounting? I have heard that there are new changes in 4.3 and vold.fstab is removed.. One more thing, where did u get that ramdisk from? it seems little buggy to me...

I am not really a dev,i am just trying to help. I tried to find some help on cm irc channel,but they were to busy trying to help some guy with his S3. -.-' I'll se what i can do,so far i know that sd card can be acessed fully in file manager but only when you enable root access,other then that there is only a download folder. Also when charging the green led turns on as soon as the phone battery lvl reaches 92-93%. Sound works in phone calls,i did two phone calls and some messages and everything was ok. Are there any gapps,i would like to test some other things ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nightwalkerkg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nightwalkerkg Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 04:59 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalkerkg

Ok guys,i managed somehow to turn on the Bluetooth and connect it to my moms Nokia. But then i tried to replicate it and now it won't turn on.
Here is the logcat and you can see on the bottom that it connected. http://pastebin.com/PaDuCZiB

Camera crashes on start and Focal is working but crashes when i take a picture. That is probbably because of the SD problem.
No sound,no wifi,i didn't test the gps. Rom is fast,but some animations are laging.
@atis112 i see in the source that you did some changes to BT did you fix it ?

EDIT 3,i think. xD

#define BTM_DEF_LOCAL_NAME in bdroid_buildcfg.h is set as "HTC Explorer A310e" , i mean it's not really a bugfix but i think that BT deservs the name of our device.

EDIT 4 :

So i checked the bt_vendor.conf and there was a file in /system/etc/firmware/ named BCM4330B1_002.001.003.0221.0228.hcd but when i checked on the phone it was named something like BCM4330B1_002.001.003.08xx.08xx.hcd,can't remember correctly. So i renamed it and when i rebooted the bt was on. But when i turn it off it won't turn on again unless i reboot the phone.

Yes, I know about this, but i don't work with bt or wifi, while sdcard not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype-U

Yes, i added it: https://github.com/ProtouProject/and...stab.protou#L6
The sdcard problem is because of prebuilt init. But with CM init, the ril don't work and the rom have random reboots.. and I don't know why.
5th August 2013, 06:11 PM |#9  
Flag Kragujevac

More
I think that the sdcard is mounted as read-only or idle.
I read on some disscussion that fsck -f /dev/store/media this would help fix it.
Also is it possible to switch internal and external storage ?

There is a hashtag in /ramdisk/init.protou.rc on line 12,should it be there and on line 148 there is just # wifi-- ? I am just asking this because they don't seem like they should be there,but that is just me.
What is the diff. bettwen eth0 and wlan0 ?

EDIT:
Here are the gapps if you need them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387878
5th August 2013, 07:49 PM |#10  
Flag Lahore, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 4,544

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalkerkg

I think that the sdcard is mounted as read-only or idle.
I read on some disscussion that fsck -f /dev/store/media this would help fix it.
Also is it possible to switch internal and external storage ?

There is a hashtag in /ramdisk/init.protou.rc on line 12,should it be there and on line 148 there is just # wifi-- ? I am just asking this because they don't seem like they should be there,but that is just me.
What is the diff. bettwen eth0 and wlan0 ?

EDIT:
Here are the gapps if you need them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387878

Appreciate your efforts @nightwalkerkg,
Might i suggest a better method? make a git account and make pull requests. That way, atis112 will have an easier time looking at exactly what you mean.

Regards
Yasir

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

@atis112

Why does pico use NO "init" file??

That means they use CM init?
5th August 2013, 08:49 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME

Appreciate your efforts @nightwalkerkg,
Might i suggest a better method? make a git account and make pull requests. That way, atis112 will have an easier time looking at exactly what you mean.

Regards
Yasir

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

@atis112

Why does pico use NO "init" file??

That means they use CM init?

Yes, they use the source-built CM init.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread