[Q] Exchange/ActiveSync on Android Permissions -- Options?

Search This thread

lepa71

Aug 25, 2010
Minneapolis
@vprasad1
Just ask you company to pay for touchdown licence if they want you to have access to email. If you use modified email clients with removed security that may get you fired. It is simple is that. In exchange 2010 they can still see you connected without policies if they want to do audit. I didn't want my phone to be controlled by my corp and I didn't want to carry 2 phones either, so they bought multi pack from touchdown.

kjetilho

Sep 18, 2014
am I safe when using calendar only?

sorry about resurrecting an old thread...

I'm using k9mail and IMAP for connecting to our mail server, but use the built-in ActiveSync support for the calendar. (the server is actually running Zimbra, but implements the same protocol and remote wipe functionality as Exchange.)

when I go into Security -> Device Administrators there is only one entry, for Android Device Manager. as I understand it, that is for remote admin via Google Play. is there supposed to be another entry for the Exchange administrator? I'm hoping I'm let off the hook since I don't use ActiveSync for e-mail ... but I don't dare ask my admin to try it out :)

(I mostly trust my admin — it's just the principle of the thing.)

2x4

Oct 20, 2012
Austin, TX
2015 Lollipop

Has anyone found a way to use Exchange without the crazy permissions for lollipop? (besides xposed module, getting a lot of issues when i tried it)

I've looked over on the below thread, but the last post update appears to have missed the email 5.0 apk and instead uploaded exchange apk again....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1965468&page=1

adbiko

Aug 25, 2016
Exchained

Just published a new app for this: Exchained ! Works with native mail clients, including gmail, with no need to root.
Search for "biko exchained" in the Play Store (not available in US currently).
Please don't be too harsh if you encounter issues (uninstall within time limit to get refunded and send us feedback) as this is our first app :p