Nandroid of Android 4.4.2 (No NOT factory image from Google!)

Search This thread

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
So I recently got a notification about the Android 4.4.3 update and of course I am rooted. I got TWRP recovery and I am ready to flaah the OTA .zip file.
Now my problem is that somehow my LatinIMEGoogle.apk is corrupted, but only the stock version (the one that can with the AOSP ROM). Now I am using the updated version from the Play Store and that's why I can write this message now. This problem prevents me from updating the Firmware of course. Now the only thing I need to do is to restore the system partition through recovery. I could find a Nandroid backup from the past but it somehow also already contains the broken LatinIMEGoogle.apk file so restoring didn't help. Now I am here to ask kindly if somebody mind sharing a Nandroid of the Android 4.4.2 system partition to let me restore via my recovery. I tried to search in XDA but somehow nobody has such kind of solution. (They always refer to the factory image from Google website) which I don't want! Because to set up my device from scratch takes a loooooot of time. Down below I have attached a photo of the flash failure so you know what I mean.
uzuje2y3.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
I only need the system partion, that's all. No data, no boot, no recovery. (Because I have them)
OR you have another solution to this problem and it would be nice if you can tell me ?

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
Hey, well I have more of an alternative though here, you can try to flash this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771012

Its the stock 4.4.3 rom and I doubt you would have problems getting OTA after. If you're up to flash it, just be sure to back up beforehand.

Hope it helps. :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

I give it a try.
Edit: Tried and it is awesome! Thank you for this link! :D

Last edited:

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
You can just use the factory image from Google. You do not have to flash all the partitions; you can pick and choose.

First extract the system.img file from the factory image archive, then push it using

Code:
fastboot flash system C:\path\to\system.img

Reactions: ChiDi9901

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
You can just use the factory image from Google. You do not have to flash all the partitions; you can pick and choose.

First extract the system.img file from the factory image archive, then push it using

Code:

I will take note of this, thank you!;)

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Wouldn't that wipe your device?

It won't wipe it because you're only flashing the system partition of the device, worst thing that could happen is a bunch of FC's upon booting it. (which is unlikely but we never know)

Also @ChiDi9901 be sure you choose the odex version if you want to not have problems while getting some newer OTA. The stock roms are always odexed, just saying.. XD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, well I have more of an alternative though here, you can try to flash this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771012

Its the stock 4.4.3 rom and I doubt you would have problems getting OTA after. If you're up to flash it, just be sure to back up beforehand.

Hope it helps. :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Code: