[OFFICIAL]Pre-orders Shipping & Current Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Of course Sprint won't promise it outright, because then they WOULD be providing refunds for anyone who gets their phone after BB or Wirefly customers. So Sprint throws the word "try" in there to keep themselves clear of any liability in case something happens. However, I fully believe that their intention is still to get their pre-orders shipped before anyone else.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
I'm going to be pissed off if Best Buy customers get their phones before I get mine. This isn't anything against anyone here that bought it through Best Buy. It's just not logical.

Sent from my Old School EVO

Lol. I know. I am ok with Best Buy orders arriving at the same time but I'm not ok with them receiving them first. Especially since I paid before they did and I paid more than they did. That's just another slap in the face for Sprint customers.

Same time = AOK
Earlier = Not cool

That's not what you said earlier. My point is there is common sense that should be followed.
Wow dude... Chill... Technically BB customers paid the same amount as you did. The only difference is that you will get a $50 gift card that you can only use at their store. I am going to use mine on an OtterBox case. And in reality, logic and common sense does not work the way it should 99% of the time in businesses. Take crApple for example.
Don't get me confused here.Im excited for the phone and I'd like it just as much as anyone else.But it feels childish to have the mentality of me me me me first..And in this situation its actually warranted because it was what Sprint promised its pre ordering customers...I ordered in store so I'm not getting it until release day.I just want it announced or someone says that got theirs in the mail.That will show me its coming and ill be in a better mood :) and then I will go have a few :beer: and call it a night.
Thank you! As long as everyone gets their phone in a timely manner, everything should be alright.
I'll drink to that!

Reactions: BrianBaker

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
The one misconception most people seem to have is that Sprint promised pre-orders would get theirs first.

They didn't. What they said was, and I quote:

"We will do our best to get it to you on or before" the launch date. It said that when the launch date was 5/23 and it still says exactly that now that the launch date isn't set.

They will TRY and get it to us before everyone else has it. That doesn't mean they'll succeed.

You didn't buy getting the device earlier because you spent more. You didn't buy special privileges because you spent more. You are owed nothing except the phone, whenever it shows up.

Hell I paid full price off contract. 549.00. I just want to know the phones are out of customs and on the way. Anything else is gravy.

Correct almost.... I was promised "On or before May 18th." NOT "After Best Buy gets theirs". Let's get that misconception out of the way.

Reactions: Wakawaka024

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Let's all relax and wait for some news..Sorry for calling the dude a ***** earlier..Let's just wait till ISN or someone gets some credible information.I'd start drinking but I have to work so it'll have to wait(im used to waiting)-Burn

<<I am a victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>

Reactions: Skullmonkey

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
Paying more has nothing to do with it.If that is the case everyone who paid full retail price should come before you..At this point man just be satisfied you get it and or someone you know got it..You are not starting and arguement but you kinda do sound like a little *****(no offence,your own words)

I'll debate anyone here. I don't think the point is about who paid more because someone was forced to pay full retail. You are comparing apples and oranges.

I think all the preorders should be processed regardless of where they were sold. They should be shipped in the order they were purchased, if
you want to be fair about the whole thing.

If I bought the phone through Best Buy or Radio Shack, I would consider it the same as buying directly from Sprint. I got my original EVO from Radio Shack. My only beef would be if Best Buy got priority over any other seller.

I guess the simple way to put it.. put everyone in the same line in the order they purchased it. First come, first served.

Last edited:

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
Let's all relax and wait for some news..Sorry for calling the dude a ***** earlier..Let's just wait till ISN or someone gets some credible information.I'd start drinking but I have to work so it'll have to wait(im used to waiting)-Burn

<<I am a victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>

You don't need to apologize i am a *****

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

bohiti

Jan 4, 2008
WI
wow.... so yea I woke up over an hour ago, and I opened the laptop and hit refresh on XDA before i even smoked a cig.

Hi, I'm ISN, and I have a problem. :)

on a more serious note though - I can't imagine any situation that anyone would get their phones before inhouse/direct pre-orders. thats been a promise that's been re-stated throughout this entire time. When the phones come out, pre-orders would get theirs first. Who control's BB EVO inventory? well, we do :) I could be wrong, and we'll all find out in a few hours, but I think that article is a little off.

LOL why are you obsessively refreshing this thread? You're just about the only credible source of information on the 'net regarding this subject. The rest of us refresh the thread hoping for a new post from you (and your blog, and your twitter feed) :)

Reactions: sidbowles

cubbieswin

Nov 16, 2008
Chicago, IL
Wow dude... Chill... Technically BB customers paid the same amount as you did. The only difference is that you will get a $50 gift card that you can only use at their store. I am going to use mine on an OtterBox case. And in reality, logic and common sense does not work the way it should 99% of the time in businesses. Take crApple for example.

Thank you! As long as everyone gets their phone in a timely manner, everything should be alright.
I'll drink to that!

No, technically they didn't. You can't discount getting a $50 gift card. Your argument holds no water. I am "chill". Expressing my opinion about something being logical, although it differs from your opinion, does not make me not "chill".

Read my other posts and really try to understand what I am saying.

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
At least this whole situation is almost over, that way we can all stop complaining about how much we paid or who gets the phone first, and start reading complaints about what defects their phone has or why it isn't rooted yet, or how HTC Unlock sucks. lol

On a serious note, Sprint online orders will most likely recieve the phone before anyone else. Best Buy can not, will not, sell that phone until Sprint sets an official release date. If it ends up being the 23rd like they originally said, then expect Sprint to release the same day and expect to have our phones by tomorrow if not magically today. ;) That said the bickering about who paid more and should have the phone first is irrelevant. Everyone who bought the phone from Sprint paid exactly what the phone cost not more. Look at it that way. Third party retailers offered extra deals and incentives on top of it to persuade people to purchase the phone from them. It's as simple as that. Now if you paid $250 w/ 2 yr contract then you paid more. So let's leave it at that.

Last edited:

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
No, technically they didn't. You can't discount getting a $50 gift card. Your argument holds no water. I am "chill". Expressing my opinion about something being logical, although it differs from your opinion, does not make me not "chill".

Read my other posts and really try to understand what I am saying.

So you get the phone first and get a free otterbox, so again tell me why we all didn't go for that?

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010

If you have beef with me, then PM me. This does not need to be dragged out into the thread. I would advise you to calm down on the subject since you have stated your opinion many times.

Lets get back on topic.

bernechad

Aug 15, 2007
BFE Indiana
I'll debate anyone here. I don't think the point is about who paid more because someone was forced to pay full retail. You are comparing apples and oranges.

I think all the preorders should be processed regardless of where they were sold. They should be shipped in the order they were purchased.
If you want to be fair about the whole thing.

If I bought the phone through Best Buy or Radio Shack, I would consider it the same as buying directly from Sprint. I got my original EVO from Radio Shack. My only beef would be if Best Buy got priority over any other seller.

I guess the simple way to put it.. put everyone in the sane line in the order they purchased it. First come, first served.

Wow...ever relax dude?

Yeah, FIFO, that would work well. Ship 3 to this store, 4 to that one, 2 to this one and repeat every single day until all the preorders were complete. That's not how mass shipping works at all.

Why complain at all? How exactly does it affect your life? People got some easy lives if all they have to do is to site on a website and complain about how a phone, that hasn't shipped to ANYBODY yet, might not get to them first.

Why are you trying to debate anyone? We all want the phone, we'll all get it at some point. Nobody was promised anything, nobody is due anything, other than a completion of a sales order.

Reactions: pdappcgeek

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
The problem is no matter what you say in this thread it sounds like whining and *****ing. Probably because it is. I think we all have good reason for complaining

Reactions: RegnierD

bgsherris

May 13, 2009
Good morning all...

I see another seven pages of messages, and no new news.

Somehow I expected some sort of first AM press release from Sprint if the EVO cleared customs...

Wakawaka024

Aug 25, 2010
I think people have to stop telling people to chill and relax, i don't think anyone is yelling at their computer, unfortunately when someone says to relax it makes people even more pissed.

Inside.Sprint.Now

May 16, 2012
insidesprintnow.wordpress.com
Good morning all...

I see another seven pages of messages, and no new news.

Somehow I expected some sort of first AM press release from Sprint if the EVO cleared customs...

you greatly overestimate the hours that we really have those types of people working that have that responsibility... lol... to put out a press release, or message, or anything acknowledging anything requires approval from more people than would ever imagine. LOL. hang tight, it's coming :)

bgsherris

May 13, 2009
I think people have to stop telling people to chill and relax, i don't think anyone is yelling at their computer, unfortunately when someone says to relax it makes people even more pissed.

Speaking for myself, I'm quite relaxed...was excited last week...y'know, before customs rained on everyone's parade...but until Sprint (or Neo) makes some affirmative statement about the phone's release, there is no point in getting your adrenaline up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just think... less than a week ago, I popped in here, posted that I seen all the hits from here and wanted to come by and say hi... and the first immediate post after was and just who the f*ck are you pretty much LMAO...

now you're all like family :) though if im gonna stick around here, you might have to teach me a thing or two so i fit in haha
    WOW.. well i came here to give you guys the news, but after reading through 13 new pages, I see you got it LOL.
    **** inside sprint you realize he's just stringing everyone along to raise his hit counter right? Want to watch something, watch your email for a UPS tracking number.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

lol... i get nothing from that.. i've been blogging sprint stuff for 3+ years... sure I enjoy new folks finding my site, but after the EVOGATE is over, i'll still be there blogging, just as before. I'm on a free site, i get nothing from extra hits on the counter.. lol. If anything, it puts me in MORE danger.. lol.
    Alright folks, I trust that everyone has had some time to cool off.
    I had to clean up a lot of bickering, trolling and other assorted nonsense.
    I just did this morning's round because there seems to be quite a bit of this going on throughout this thread. :cool:

1. If you disagree with someone on this thread, don't turn it into a flame war.
    It's ok to respectfully disagree but it should not turn into pages and pages of back and forth nonsense.
    2. If you see a troll post, don't feed it, report it.
    3. If a mod has to come in here to do this kind of clean up again, this thread may be closed much longer than a few hours.

Please keep things civil.

I will say this once and once only. Keep things respectful and on topic or I will personally close this thread and start sending people to Bansville.

Only warning

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2