[Q&A] CM10 anything & everything [Updated 1-29-13]

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
NEW BUILD

Doesn't boot up for now... give it some time will update as soon as things change.

Of course he would hahaha!
New Build: quote from Cyanogen
"New build is up! Seriously MAJOR kernel and driver update. Hardware VSYNC ("butter") is supported (not 100% optimal yet, Qualcomm is still pushing code out every morning). Big interactivity boost due to some performance work I did. Bugs fixed, A2DP is working, Trebuchet is in, LED is working properly....

Fixing the camera bugs is next on my list.

I don't recommend using a different kernel with this build. Over 250 patches have gone in, and no third-party kernel developers are up to speed yet.

This has basically consumed my entire life for the last week. Have fun"

http://android.chemlab.org/previews/cm-10-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-d2tmo.zip

Last edited:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Noob question - when installing I get - "assert failed: getprop("ro.build.device") == "d2tmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2tmo"

I am installing from CWM-based recovery 5.5.0.4

Edit: trying this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28912617&highlight=assert#post28912617

This version does not support extsdcard, at least if I remember it didn't. any how, use version....CWM 5.8.4.5 it has the dual sdcard support, and also no issues flashing anything.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited:

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
This version does not support extsdcard, at least if I remember it didn't. any how, use version....CWM 5.8.4.5 it has the dual sdcard support, and also no issues flashing anything.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Little late on the info but can't have too much help lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I have no clue as to why I'm updating this thing lol, but any who. Still has the data 6ish mb cap, and scrolling through things is insanely smooth. Friends are jealous for sure.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Re: [Q&A] CM10 anything &everything 8-8-12

ce1db6bf-e300-f9f1.jpg
pictures a little more clear as well when it comes to focus issues. And I'm also obviously a little occupied with my giant beer.

Last edited:

duhitsrandy

Jul 21, 2012
NJ
Ever since this new 8/8 build my network/wifi is gray colored instead of blue. When this used to happen before it would mean i couldnt connect to anything but now i cant tell. This happen to anyone else?

hucesar1017

Sep 3, 2010
New Mexico
Yeah I have these issues with wifi too. I posted it back a few pages but haven't got a response from cyanogen or anyone for that matter but I believe its just an issue on some devices (not sure why). Anyhow hopefully cm gets better so I could stop using ics.

durhamite

Jun 27, 2009
Durham, NC
I LOVE THIS ROM! idk if anyone has noticed, but if you go to settings>system>hardware keys you can change the function of the hardware keys (to include long presses!!!)!!!
Why not change your long press menu button from nothing to Goolge Now?!
Other Tips:
If you want your phone to FLY,
Change min frequency to 810MHz (I have never noticed a big battery drain, as the screen is simply the biggest user, but this WILL make your phone wake up and start performing fast especially if you disable lockscreen)
Change all animations to .5x (settings>developer options> (Window, Transition and Animator duration scale)

Why not disable lockscreen to have your phone jump right into where you left off?

:D
I saw this post over in the DEV thread and it helped me out so moved the quote to this one. Good tips. I only swipe to unlock my phone anyway so why not just disable the lock screen. If someone takes it, they can swipe to unlock too with out any security. Great point. Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: mt3g

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
wouldnt changing your min frequency to 810 mhz be bad for the phone?? ive always left it as is.. i love a peppy phone but im just Leary...

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Is sixaxis working for you guys?

Sent from my SGH-T999[/QUOTive seen your question a few times... ill check were are the directions for hooking it up??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LET ME KNOW IF I'M MISSING SOMETHING THIS IS GOING TO BE A WORK IN PROGRESS AS IT'S BEING UPDATED AND THINGS ARE CHANGING RAPIDLY.

For t999 and variants as far as I know only.

Alright well, this is for CM10 and Kangs (NOT AOKP), nothing against AOKP I love AOKP, but their issues might not be so close as to what CM has, even though they'll probably be the same. I have been here long enough to understand the lingo and how to and what not to do. This is a general ask and wait for an answer. READ BEFORE POSTING :)... I'll do my best to keep the OP updated with info and will add what people post with stuff that needs to be known.

HAVE ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER.
    I suggest the latest recovery from Goo Manager or ROM manager from the play store. This will prevent multiple /0 folders from happening.

We have Nightly's in the mix for 10.1 http://get.cm/?device=d2tmo
    JellyBean Gapps 12-12-2012: http://goo.im/gapps
    Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#d2tmo/cm10/next

Advanced Gerrit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:open,n,z

HAVE ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER.

Install Instructions:
    1. Boot into recovery - while powered off, enter recovery by pressing Vol UP, Home Button, and Power Button until you see the second screen and blue text on top left corner, then let go.

2. Select wipe data/factory reset

3. Select mounts and storage, select format /system ( I always do this out of habit... do it if you want or don't, CM does this anyways I think, again old habit)

4. Install ROM from where ever you placed it.

5. Install Gapps from where ever you placed it.

6. Reboot let sit for a little after signing in, again old habit especially if I restored from Google Account. Then after 5-10 minutes reboot into recovery and select advanced and fix permissions Just in Case.

List of broken things from Cyan's post that's in the OG Dev section

Updates! CM 10.1
    *3.4 kernel is new and being worked on daily. As of 3-29 its messed up and causes hotboots. 3-30 should be fixed
    *Phone calls hanging up will cause a freeze it seems, or a reboot. Also should be fixed in 3-30 build.
    *A2DP is still having issues here and there, but that's android in general with cars I think.
    *VoIP is acting up a little with sound, low sound from other person, and echo on their end, reports have been all over the place with this.
    *Speaker phone while in call, has Echo, echo, echo... need confirmed fix please.
    *Go to settings about>phone build and tap 8 times to become an awesome developer.
    *No WiFi-Calling most likely never will hapen

800+ CM10/.1 THEMES Here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801752

*Don't ask about having Samsung Features (smart stay, S , and such), and some of those features are in the play store.

-as with all roms on this phone Settings>Dev Options>scroll down to window/transition animation scales to .5... faster!
    -Settings>display>Notification Light>+ sign to make new apps have LED settings and different colors...

Any other cool features let me know I'll add them.
    Some of those features can be enabled through apps I believe... but prob not through cm...

Search "smart stay" see how that works for you. Looking a little more as I'm in bed and computer is about 15' away and that's too far lol. I'm sure there are apps for the video while in text. Burst shot will be a soon to have feature I'm sure, until then there's a couple apps, search "burst shot".

Here is an app to watch video while you text or do anything. It's free, you only need to pay if you want to do same with YouTube videos.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gpc.myweb.hinet.net.PopupVideo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey boss, I believe there is a newer version of Gapps out, dated 7-26-12.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Enjoy!
    brokenwatch, do what Aaron said.... download Rom Manager from the Play Store and flash the latest CW Recovery
    It's an issue with ROM Manager, it puts a .nomedia file on the root of the storage which stops music and files from showing up anywhere. I'm using Euroskank's CM10 Kangs at the moment and it seems that even though I used SystemAppRemover to get rid of ROM Manager the issue still occurs. I'm honestly lost as to what to do.

Rom manager got an update today. It says it fixed the bug where it ads the .nomedia file. Installed. cleared gallery cache. No files showing up in the gallery app.

Edit: Just went back to my gallery and it was all there.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app