Nexus 7 battery dies fast

Search This thread

xFenty

Jan 8, 2013
Hi, I got a nexus 7 for Christmas and the battery was really good lasted all day, but I had to return it for an exchange because there was circle marks on the screen,

my new nexus 7's battery dies really fast, i left it on charge all night and it fully charges so I don't think its a battery issue maybe a software issue?

I don't know if this makes a difference but my first nexus had 4.2.1 pre installed but my new nexus I had to update it myself.

Is there a way to fix this or should I return my nexus to PC world?

Thanks in advance! :)

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

hottbill

Jun 16, 2012
The main difference I found when switched from 4.1 to 4.2 is that Wifi didn't go on standby when the device wasn't awake. So go into wifi settings and change it so it's only connected to Wifi when the device is in use or charging.

Reactions: treehouse

xFenty

Jan 8, 2013
I changed the Wi-Fi settings now, I'll let you know if it helps.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

xFenty

Jan 8, 2013
Also my nexus is taking long to charge :(

Mship

Oct 4, 2010
Hong Kong
Is it just me or does anyone else's Nexus keep wifi on even when sleep should be turn off by default?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

xFenty

Jan 8, 2013
It stays on' I went into Wi-Fi settings and pressed the 3 dots on top right > advanced > keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and select never and it should turn off when your nexus 7 is sleeping.

asrivastava

Dec 25, 2012
Hello, I'm in the UK and I'm facing a problem similar to yours.
I got my device at the beginning of December, and used to get ~8-9 hours of screen time. Now, I'm barely getting 6, and you can add screen lifting and back light bleeding issues to that as well.

I'm going to preform a factory reset in a few days, if that doesn't work, I'm considering getting it to customer care/replaced.

PS, I'm stock 4.2.1 and my Wi-Fi doesn't turn off when it's in sleep mode. :-\

Sent from my Nexus 7

evild

Jan 12, 2007
mine last 4.5 days with light web browsing. mostly just mx video player. 17% idle. you need to see whats keeps your device awake and not letting it goto sleep properly. i'm on latest smoothrom. i manually turn off wifi when i am not gonna use it for awhile. when i 1st got my nexus 7 i had a similar issue with mediaserver process using 80% of battery and killing the device within 9 hours. i couldnt pin point the culprit but hasn't happened again.

Last edited:

xFenty

Jan 8, 2013
Its a shame really I honestly thought Google had made a good and reliable tablet I had to return my other nexus back again today because I dropped it and the battery wouldn't charge so they replaced so I'll see how the battery does

Wieseman1

Jan 19, 2014
Battery Problem

I had the same problem / My Nexus got switched off and even drained even when the usage is less / Switched to Zerolemon battery and no problem after that.

Hi, I got a nexus 7 for Christmas and the battery was really good lasted all day, but I had to return it for an exchange because there was circle marks on the screen,

my new nexus 7's battery dies really fast, i left it on charge all night and it fully charges so I don't think its a battery issue maybe a software issue?

I don't know if this makes a difference but my first nexus had 4.2.1 pre installed but my new nexus I had to update it myself.

Is there a way to fix this or should I return my nexus to PC world?

Thanks in advance! :)

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

drynyks

Mar 4, 2010
Its a shame really I honestly thought Google had made a good and reliable tablet I had to return my other nexus back again today because I dropped it and the battery wouldn't charge so they replaced so I'll see how the battery does

I know what the problem is..... You

Takinato

Jul 8, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1390231316247.jpg what deep sleep looks like

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

alferret

Jul 30, 2010
Mansfield
twitter.com
Silly question but have you checked for installed app's that's keeping your n7 awake and in turn draining the battery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

LakersDroid

Jan 17, 2013
My battery life has been holding up well from a secondhand Unit I bought a few weeks ago. I'm getting about 7-9 hours of life on average use with a little gaming. :)

D

Darth

Yeah...saying my battery life sucks isn't going to help anyone help you. How about some details? Screen shots? Do you have Gsam....its a great tool to find battery issues.

Without some digging....your battery troubles aren't gonna go away. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The main difference I found when switched from 4.1 to 4.2 is that Wifi didn't go on standby when the device wasn't awake. So go into wifi settings and change it so it's only connected to Wifi when the device is in use or charging.