I9070 can't connect via USB after flashing rom:I9070XXLQG_I9070PRTLQ1_HOME

Search This thread

Peruner

Sep 25, 2013
Cracow.
Hi guys,

I've successfully flashed today rom I9070XXLQG_I9070PRTLQ1_HOME (polish play). I was planning to send my phone on guarancy repair so they can clean dusted camera but I've lost my guarancy card so all that was for nothing anyway I've noticed that after flashing this rom I can't connect my phone via USB - phone is charging but doesn't show that my device was connected.
Tried reinstalling samsung drivers and few other fixes searched on google like turning off device, pluging the cable and then turning it on but without any effect.

I've managed to root device and install CM10.2 but it didn't fix the problem (I've copied files on memory card on another phone).
Anyone faced similar problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
All the best.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi guys,

I've successfully flashed today rom I9070XXLQG_I9070PRTLQ1_HOME (polish play). I was planning to send my phone on guarancy repair so they can clean dusted camera but I've lost my guarancy card so all that was for nothing anyway I've noticed that after flashing this rom I can't connect my phone via USB - phone is charging but doesn't show that my device was connected.
Tried reinstalling samsung drivers and few other fixes searched on google like turning off device, pluging the cable and then turning it on but without any effect.

I've managed to root device and install CM10.2 but it didn't fix the problem (I've copied files on memory card on another phone).
Anyone faced similar problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
All the best.

Turn on usb debugging in developer options. You might need to tap 7 times on rom version in About phone to get dev options.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
I'd try:
- another usb cable
- another usb port (avoid hubs)
- another PC
- fresh system install
- another rom like anything stock based or cm10.1 maybe

what happens on your PC when you enter CWM and plug an usb cable

Peruner

Sep 25, 2013
Cracow.
I'd try:
- another usb cable - checked
- another usb port (avoid hubs) checked
- another PC checked
- fresh system install - tried on another PC..
- another rom like anything stock based or cm10.1 maybe - installed CM 10.2 hoping that it will fix the issue but problem still occurs

what happens on your PC when you enter CWM and plug an usb cable
absolutely nothing..no prompting windows with "installing driver"

kunal19911

Jul 13, 2012
i have also had this problem from quiet some time and it happens with almost every rom for me:crying:
and temporary fix is
1) go to devices and printer(u will have ur device over there by its original name or as an storage device)
2)right click on ur device icon
3)select troubleshoot after some time it will ask u to apply fix
give permission after that it will install ur drivers once again n ur problem will be solved for a FEW DAYS :p

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi again,

Thanks guys for your reply.
@kunal19911 - sorry not working, my device is not visible at all anywhere

@adamuadamu as above - no unknown devices in device manager.

Have you tried to reboot phone. My phone gets like that when I charge it with wall charger, and can't be recognised by pc untill reboot. I forgot to tell you that.

Peruner

Sep 25, 2013
Cracow.
Have you tried to reboot phone. My phone gets like that when I charge it with wall charger, and can't be recognised by pc untill reboot. I forgot to tell you that.

Yep, I've tried - many times - as written before tried to plug in in download mode - also no effect.

I've never had this problem before, is there any way I could flash new rom without estabilishing USB connection?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Yep, I've tried - many times - as written before tried to plug in in download mode - also no effect.

I've never had this problem before, is there any way I could flash new rom without estabilishing USB connection?

Huh, from CM10.2 you need to do it with Odin. :( Or to repartition preload partition. But I do not know how to do it.

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
Huh, from CM10.2 you need to do it with Odin. :( Or to repartition preload partition. But I do not know how to do it.

AFAIK no need to repartition, but it's enough to format /preload (in CWM go to advanced - format /preload). at least worked for me when leaving 4.3 and 4.4 roms.

Peruner

Sep 25, 2013
Cracow.
The thing is that I don't have this issue because of CM 10.2.
It was cause since I've flashed stock ROM listed in the topic.
Flashing CM10.2 was a desparate try to fix it, after rooting stock rom, flashing cocore kernel didn't help.

Peruner

Sep 25, 2013
Cracow.
Ok guys thanks for all answers.
Yesterday my phone got discharged and doesn't want to charge anymore.

I'll bring it to mobile repairs.

Cheers