[Q] How to clear messages/notifications?

Search This thread

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
I'm quickly building up a huge number of emails and messages that I've dealt with on my phone but then have to manually delete from the watch. I appreciate that one can clear all data from each notification type, using Smart Connect on the phone, but I'd love to find an app or a command that would automatically clear all data (messages, notifications, etc), say every 24 hours or so. Or failing that, at least something which would allow a quick, more elegant way of manually clearing the watch. Can anybody recommend anything? Many thanks.

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
You could use the Smartwatch2 app on the smartphone, enter the menu of each SW2 installed app and tap Clear all events, Clear history or Clear log, etc.
It's not really comfortable but at last you don't have to perform this operation directly on the SW2.

Reactions: ChristopherV1

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
You could use the Smartwatch2 app on the smartphone, enter the menu of each SW2 installed app and tap Clear all events, Clear history or Clear log, etc.
It's not really comfortable but at last you don't have to perform this operation directly on the SW2.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I'm doing at the moment, through Smart Connect on the phone. But I just counted; in order to clear email, messaging and Facebook requires 17 commands. It really does surprise me that a more elegant system is not built into the watch. Surely everyone who owns the watch wants to be able to clear away (or to have cleared away) messages as they're finished with. Most odd.

Reactions: ChristopherV1

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
You go into the notification app in your smartwatch then push the menu button and after the option to clear all the notifications (the open letter).

What exactly do you mean by "the notification app"? If you mean the little orange circle that indicates new notifications; those disappear anyway as soon as they've been looked at. But the notifications still remain on the watch, so one still has two go into each app in turn (email, text messages, Facebook, etc) and clear them. However, pressing the open letter does nothing at all. The notifications remain. The only way I can find of deleting anything with the watch is message-by-message, individually, including confirmation step. Or, as in my first post in this thread, data can be deleted using the phone through the "Smart Connect" app.

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
I didn't understand that you wanted to clear all the datas (and not the notifications) in the watch's apps.
In that case, yes you must do on the phone through the smart connect app.

Thanks. I guess it's the term "notifications" that's confusing. What I want to clear, regularly, preferably automatically, are my email messages, text messages, and Facebook messages, so that those apps are empty. What I'm hoping to find is an app or a macro command that will either clear those messages automatically, or will allow me to do so in one go, rather than - as is the case at the moment - app by app through Smart Connect.

Hari.z

Mar 29, 2016
Volos
HI there. Any idea why can not clear the notifications...noway?! So now I've to reset it each time, but sometimes this is also not possible!
Any help is welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Harris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You go into the notification app in your smartwatch then push the menu button and after the option to clear all the notifications (the open letter).

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I'm doing at the moment, through Smart Connect on the phone. But I just counted; in order to clear email, messaging and Facebook requires 17 commands. It really does surprise me that a more elegant system is not built into the watch. Surely everyone who owns the watch wants to be able to clear away (or to have cleared away) messages as they're finished with. Most odd.

Thanks. Came here to ask the same question and it has already been asked and answered. :good: